The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandyman

Wonder if we are going to see a change in messaging about the virus now that Trump has it. Though knowing Trump, he will manage to not have any symptoms and declare it nothing and push to open everything up further.
Or, he will recover and claim victory over the most deadly virus ever known. The biggest victory ever!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
As an obese, exercise shy, sudofed snuffing, cluster stroke suffering, syphilitic old porcine bag of smegma. I really can’t imagine he’s very well armed to deal with it.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Or, he will recover and claim victory over the most deadly virus ever known. The biggest victory ever!
Yep - this. He ll just use it to say/"prove" it's not a big deal.
Meanwhile he ll get to avoid the debates with the new rules that he doesn't like. Meanwhile - expect the bots to come out that called this all a hoax before to wish him well and when he recovers talk up the glorious leader as something invincible.

Am I cynical? You bet.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Fingers crossed.

Mind you, the timing does bother me. Anyone expecting to hear calls for the election to be delayed to allow proper campaigning and/or selection of a new candidate, selection of a new candidate's wife, selection of a new superhero "I made it through the virus" suit.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
He'll most likely be fine. In the meantime we'll be treated to this dominating the airwaves along with the nauseous spectacle of everyone wishing him well, some through gritted teeth, and hordes of evangelicals constantly praying for his survival. I await his miraculous recovery.

Then again, there's always a chance.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Just saw someone mention the delicious irony that this'll delay Supreme Court hearings since Coney Barret will have to isolate/might even have it too.
Will it... I mean I'm pretty sure the republicans will either say go ahead with a remote link or go to the other extreme and make any democrat who wants to question her sit right next to her... basically they will find a way round it

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Will it... I mean I'm pretty sure the republicans will either say go ahead with a remote link or go to the other extreme and make any democrat who wants to question her sit right next to her... basically they will find a way round it
Let's see I suppose. It would be on-brand for them to still push questioning through as she fever-dreams in her death bed.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Am I allowed to say I hope the cnut dies?
You can but I will report you for shits and giggles and they will have to uphold the rules and give you a little holiday and I’ll spend that time in the PS5 thread changing the tide of public opinion.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yep - this. He ll just use it to say/"prove" it's not a big deal.
Meanwhile he ll get to avoid the debates with the new rules that he doesn't like. Meanwhile - expect the bots to come out that called this all a hoax before to wish him well and when he recovers talk up the glorious leader as something invincible.

Am I cynical? You bet.
I see your cynism and raise you...

Or an excuse to postpone the election, failing which then he will claim that the deep state is against him. Then suggest that the election results should be null & void.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.