The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There’s no motivation for SDNY to drop charges against him. What would be the upside?

I mean I’m sure it’s bs anyway but even taking it at face value I don’t see it happening.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
There’s no motivation for SDNY to drop charges against him. What would be the upside?

I mean I’m sure it’s bs anyway but even taking it at face value I don’t see it happening.
Yeah, they only have to wait a month and he could be out of office anyway. Then they just have to wait until January before they can drop the bombs on him.

It makes no sense whatsoever to let him off when there's such a high chance of him losing the election and especially after how he has continually flouted and evaded the law and mocked how impotent the system is.

A protest for law and order? What the actual feck?
The irony is beyond belief at this point, especially given what we were discussing above.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Google Cyrus Vance and Trump.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is this the pee pee tape?
Not quite!

Actually just remembered he’s a state DA, rather than federal. He’s one of the ones investigating Trump currently and has access to his tax returns. He was also investigating Trump about a decade ago, received a $30k campaign donation from Trump and subsequently dropped all charges.

Edit - maybe he is SDNY, I can’t remember :(

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Not quite!

Actually just remembered he’s a state DA, rather than federal. He’s one of the ones investigating Trump currently and has access to his tax returns. He was also investigating Trump about a decade ago, received a $30k campaign donation from Trump and subsequently dropped all charges.

Edit - maybe he is SDNY, I can’t remember :(
Yea he’s the NY County DA.

You’d hope SDNY would hold firm.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
tweet unavailable

"re$istance" with their BREAKING news (big if true) and their "sources"
Not that I’m in any way suggesting the story is true, but I don’t think the pardon point is accurate.

Presidential pardons are for federal crimes, not state prosecutions, no?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not that I’m in any way suggesting the story is true, but I don’t think the pardon point is accurate.

Presidential pardons are for federal crimes, not state prosecutions, no?
Yes. Presidents cannot issue pardons for state or local crimes.

GiddyUp

Just finished this. Very well done. Gleason does a very interesting darker version of Trump.
I love the way they gave him this mask of a serious guy at the beginning and as the movie progresses the real trump is revealed. A narcissistic dick.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I love the way they gave him this mask of a serious guy at the beginning and as the movie progresses the real trump is revealed. A narcissistic dick.
Yeah I thought Gleason did a great job of bringing out the dark, narcissism.

Also, I had to do a double take on Kushner since the actor you plays him looks exactly like him. Ditto with the guy who played Clapper.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Read somewhere that this could have been the first non-comical portrayal of Trump in media, one that didn’t overly portray him as batshit. It was a portrayal rooted in an honest depiction of his faults without striving for a laugh line. Gleeson also worked for a couple of months to nail Trump’s voice. He succeeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.