The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Why do we call benefits to poor people "benefits" but for rich people we call it "bailouts" or "stimulus packages"? Always bothered me.
Without corporate welfare and farmers welfare there’d be plenty of money for infrastructure and healthcare. Rich folks wouldn’t care for that though.

GiddyUp

Read somewhere that this could have been the first non-comical portrayal of Trump in media, one that didn’t overly portray him as batshit. It was a portrayal rooted in an honest depiction of his faults without striving for a laugh line. Gleeson also worked for a couple of months to nail Trump’s voice. He succeeded.
Yep, I wasn't expecting much from the movie but they really got every character down. As an Irishman I can say definitively that Brendan Gleeson is a national treasure. His kid General Hux isn't too bad either.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yep, I wasn't expecting much from the movie but they really got every character down. As an Irishman I can say definitively that Brendan Gleeson is a national treasure. His kid General Hux isn't too bad either.
Who is General Hux?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I worked as an extra on a film with Brendan for a week a few years ago and he is sound as a pound. Juts a down to earth chap.

Member 90887

Why do we call benefits to poor people "benefits" but for rich people we call it "bailouts" or "stimulus packages"? Always bothered me.
The same reason expat is used for western people while immigrant is used for the rest.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The same reason expat is used for western people while immigrant is used for the rest.
Aren't expats people that move abroad temporarily for their work?

Not that that isn't a kind of migration, but it's different from permanent migration.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

Suddenly, its important to be qualified...

And they're LYING people, LYING!!

Vaccines & cures, ready to go!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Had a massive slowdown/near standstill at times, lots of braking etc for miles and miles driving home on the interstate today. (probably about 30 miles long).

Was it an accident?
Was it road construction?
Just about any legitimate reason?

NOPE

One of those feckin Trump caravans with Trump flags and related paraphernalia - going slow as feck down the interstate. Motherfeckers should be ticketed. When I finally got to the point of the caravan (maybe 20 trucks) - I was so fkin pissed for making me get into a near accident and then having me lose about 30-45 mins of travel time. Fkin hell. I find it hard to imagine the hundreds of other cars stuck with me had any appreciation for it also.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Had a massive slowdown/near standstill at times, lots of braking etc for miles and miles driving home on the interstate today. (probably about 30 miles long).

Was it an accident?
Was it road construction?
Just about any legitimate reason?

NOPE

One of those feckin Trump caravans with Trump flags and related paraphernalia - going slow as feck down the interstate. Motherfeckers should be ticketed. When I finally got to the point of the caravan (maybe 20 trucks) - I was so fkin pissed for making me get into a near accident and then having me lose about 30-45 mins of travel time. Fkin hell. I find it hard to imagine the hundreds of other cars stuck with me had any appreciation for it also.
At that point you should have pulled in front and gone 5 mph.

As a side note I found a trumper on my street. Mind you that Madison is liberal as you can get, so 90% of the houses on our street have Biden signs. I should have known. It’s the house of the family that never waves as they drive by, never goes for walks, and has the tattered American flag hanging from the garage.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
At that point you should have pulled in front and gone 5 mph.

As a side note I found a trumper on my street. Mind you that Madison is liberal as you can get, so 90% of the houses on our street have Biden signs. I should have known. It’s the house of the family that never waves as they drive by, never goes for walks, and has the tattered American flag hanging from the garage.
Told my wife I was ready to at least show em the finger but she thought that wouldn't lead to anything positive. Who they support aside - its just a very entitled dick move to hold up all these people on the road trying to get places to intentionally. Almost had a F350 fly into the back of my sedan if he wouldn't have swerved to the median and me gunned it. (teamwork?). In any case - Im sure you see my point.

To your Madison story - in a way good for them that they do that I guess. I just dont understand why 9/10 the signs and flags have to not just be there - its many of them and /or its insanely large. Like a form of passive aggressive yelling.

Anyway...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Powerful meds, indeed :lol:
Does he think people will forget he’s been president the last 4 years?

If he’s saying NY has “gone to hell” whilst he’s been POTUS, how does voting for him to stay POTUS stand to make any difference to that?

I don’t know why I’m looking for logic here, sometimes I forget what timeline we’re living in.

SirAF

Ageist

If he’s saying NY has “gone to hell” whilst he’s been POTUS, how does voting for him to stay POTUS stand to make any difference to that?

I don’t know why I’m looking for logic here, sometimes I forget what timeline we’re living in.
:lol:

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Fridge chutney

4 years ago, Trump declared his mandate: "make America great again!".

4 years of Trump presidency: "our 2 biggest States have gone to Hell!"

Not really a great look, is it?

Maticmaker

I should have known. It’s the house of the family that never waves as they drive by, never goes for walks, and has the tattered American flag hanging from the garage.
Bad people obviously, really bad people!! ...Stay way now yer hear!!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

There’s just no point in trying to rationalise their behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.