The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
And possibly "force" a Biden presidency or Dems in congress to vote against pursuing the investigation - thereby the Rs claiming the Dems are hypocrites... And the cycle continues..
The investigation cycle is only just ramping up. If Biden wins, there will be a flurry of house and senate committees untangling the corruption of the preceding four years - this time in conjunction with a Biden AG (which i hope if Preet Bharara)

DavidDeSchmikes

Nancy Pelosi introduces legislation to establish a commission to assess the US President's fitness for office

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I swear we've heard this "mental health" narrative before, but nothing ever materializes
I dont think a direct action resulting from it is the point. The point is to emphasize the perveived feeble health of Trump. As we saw with Hillary and Trump's hammering of her for having relatively harmless pneumonia - or the great lengths to which they went to hide JFKs health issues- that that plays into some people's minds.

Foxbatt

It is mind games and Trump is going to fall for it and start losing it like Keegan did.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It is mind games and Trump is going to fall for it and start losing it like Keegan did.
Referring to the press report, Trump said: “When you do that with patriots, like many know about patriots – I know more about patriots than anyone – and when you do things like patriots do, like no one has done more for patriots than me, ever…

I’ve kept really quiet but I’ll tell you something. Sleepy Joe went down in my estimations, he’s never done nothing in 40 years in government. I’ve done more than any president in history, and I did that in 47 months.

You can tell him now, we’re still winning this election and he’s got to go through the South and the North and get something – and I’ll tell you, it’s already rigged if we lose, but I will love it when we beat them. Love it.

It really has got to me, not COVID, which made me sick for only a few hours cause I’m the healthiest, fittest around, and I’ve voiced it live, in front of the FAKE NEWS. I’m not doing this virtual debate, it’s a scandal. The battle is still going and Sleepy Joe Biden and Democrats have not won this yet.”

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Referring to the press report, Trump said: “When you do that with patriots, like many know about patriots – I know more about patriots than anyone – and when you do things like patriots do, like no one has done more for patriots than me, ever…

I’ve kept really quiet but I’ll tell you something. Sleepy Joe went down in my estimations, he’s never done nothing in 40 years in government. I’ve done more than any president in history, and I did that in 47 months.

You can tell him now, we’re still winning this election and he’s got to go through the South and the North and get something – and I’ll tell you, it’s already rigged if we lose, but I will love it when we beat them. Love it.

It really has got to me, not COVID, which made me sick for only a few hours cause I’m the healthiest, fittest around, and I’ve voiced it live, in front of the FAKE NEWS. I’m not doing this virtual debate, it’s a scandal. The battle is still going and Sleepy Joe Biden and Democrats have not won this yet.”
You’re supposed to note if that’s actually Donald or if it’s Denald.

Dr. StrangeHate

You lost me at the last paragraph, up until then I thought it was Trump.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Don't ex-presidents to some extent stay presidents forever though? Like, Bush or Obama might still be addressed as 'Mr. President'. So not sure Twitter will ever be able to shut down Trump by that logic. Also, Trump might just switch to Parler, which already seems popular among the US right (from what I've read), and might explode if some high-profile people like him make it their major outlet.
I guess he always will have the title, but when he's no longer in office his twitter won't be some kinda official tool of the US state, like it basically is now. I think that's why they let him keep it, and why they only started moderating it recently. He'll also lose the sort of immunity or whatever he's enjoying now as head of state, and be back among the mortals.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I guess he always will have the title, but when he's no longer in office his twitter won't be some kinda official tool of the US state, like it basically is now. I think that's why they let him keep it, and why they only started moderating it recently. He'll also lose the sort of immunity or whatever he's enjoying now as head of state, and be back among the mortals.
Yeah, true; also no need anymore to add all his tweets to the archive of presidential correspondence.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Don't ex-presidents to some extent stay presidents forever though? Like, Bush or Obama might still be addressed as 'Mr. President'. So not sure Twitter will ever be able to shut down Trump by that logic. Also, Trump might just switch to Parler, which already seems popular among the US right (from what I've read), and might explode if some high-profile people like him make it their major outlet.
My hope is that he won't be tweeting from his prison cell.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
My hope is that he won't be tweeting from his prison cell.
That'd be cool, but I don't see a white collar criminal with his battery of lawyers, age, and background as a president going to jail. If it comes to court cases, he'll get to settle as always. He'll also easily be able to get new TV gigs to pay off his ginormous debts (and settlement).

Too cynical?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That'd be cool, but I don't see a white collar criminal with his battery of lawyers, age, and background as a president going to jail. If it comes to court cases, he'll get to settle as always. He'll also easily be able to get new TV gigs to pay off his ginormous debts (and settlement).

Too cynical?
Don’t think NY will take it that easy on him once he is out of office.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
My hope is that he is allowed his phone in his cell. Imagine the meltdown he would have locked up with Bubba.
I think I would feel sorry for the hypothetical Bubba in this scenario. No matter what said Bubba did, it would pale in comparison to the mass murdering, racist, treasonous, rapist pedophile in the cell with him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

Nancy Pelosi introduces legislation to establish a commission to assess the US President's fitness for office
Not that it would get anywhere in the Senate but this is the kind of thing that could very well come back to bite the Dems in the ass when Biden turns a couple of years older.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
With Dinesh is it strictly he found a way to enrich himself through right-wing nuttery, or does he actually believe the shit? Both?
That's basically how I feel about most of the rightwing personalities you hear about from the US.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Not that it would get anywhere in the Senate but this is the kind of thing that could very well come back to bite the Dems in the ass when Biden turns a couple of years older.
Not really: Biden has already said that he won't run for re-election and sees himself as a transition president to the next generation of Dems.

Status
Not open for further replies.