The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Would find it funny if they were to attack their own. And I'm sure they're formulating some major wacky conspiracy theory if Dems were to win.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
If I was a undecided voter then stuff like this would make me go out and vote for Biden.
Why dont these morons all get charged with obstructing/blocking public roadways? Its dangerous and complete feck you to everyone else around. Like that Trump caravan that fkin blocked traffic for 45 mins here in MI I mentioned before and got stuck in. Those same jokers make fun of the strikes in Europe (I know bc I know a few).

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Apparently it’s the Puerto Rican’s who really hold the ace card in Florida this time. Hopefully they’ll throw him a few paper towels while voting his ass out of office.

mav_9me

Thread of so many doctors who died fighting the covid pandemic.

Just to clarify. There are so many more healthcare workers who have lost their lives. Just too many to make a thread unfortunately.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Read a long article about the WH response to Covid. Trump should be in prison.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Read a long article about the WH response to Covid. Trump should be in prison.
He should be in prison for a long, long, long list of crimes.

He also has, on a daily basis, done, said or broken a law that if Obama had done he would have been crucified. The list of Trump's crimes since he took office are too many to list.

He has made an absolute mockery out of everything the USA stood for and he has trampled over the law and the constitution every single day he has been in office.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
He should be in prison for a long, long, long list of crimes.

He also has, on a daily basis, done, said or broken a law that if Obama had done he would have been crucified. The list of Trump's crimes since he took office are too many to list.

He has made an absolute mockery out of everything the USA stood for and he has trampled over the law and the constitution every single day he has been in office.
In a decent society they should investigate and charge where appropriate every single one, but being America he’ll end up with a pardon and do whatever he likes.

Mike Smalling

Have watched BBC's 'The Trump Show' over the last week, and it is pretty astonishing to get the full list of his scandals presented like that. There is just so many different episodes that I had honestly forgotten most of it - it's been pretty much non-stop for 4+ years :lol: It is actually insane!

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
In a decent society they should investigate and charge where appropriate every single one, but being America he’ll end up with a pardon and do whatever he likes.
In a decent society he wouldn't have been a serious candidate in the first place.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
In a decent society he wouldn't have been a serious candidate in the first place.
No he wouldn't, but I feel he's the product of the internet and years of politicians making false promises or not being able to fulfill their ideals. Also the rising resentment my many due to their religious beliefs and the fear of multiculturalism. It's similar to Brexit in that way.

In truth a myriad of factors contributed to Trump's election, but the worst part of it all is he has been able to do as he pleases and has trampled over laws, make a mockery of the Presidency, destroy years old alliances, ruin reputations, tear laws up and implement his own, lying on a daily basis and stocking hatred and division throughout the country to a point where it's almost unbearable for many. Oh and he's shit on the constitution without anyone saying a thing.

All the while Mitch has been packing courts with Judges and ensuring the Dems couldn't pass a single thing they wanted to. The same as he blocked Obama from doing the last term of his Presidency.

The damage they have done is unimaginable. Almost immeasurable. It goes far deeper than we all post here.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
In truth a myriad of factors contributed to Trump's election, but the worst part of it all is he has been able to do as he pleases and has trampled over laws, make a mockery of the Presidency, destroy years old alliances, ruin reputations, tear laws up and implement his own, lying on a daily basis and stocking hatred and division throughout the country to a point where it's almost unbearable for many. Oh and he's shit on the constitution without anyone saying a thing.
I agree. Trump has shown a lot of very deep deficiencies in the US system. (If only he had been an ethical hacker eh!) If the Dems don't try and punish any of it once they get the chance, it basically confirms that it's all OK - which would make it really irreversible.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I think what’s it shown too is that the checks and balances systems doesn’t always work and is dependent on a truly independent AG and Supreme Court. Not to mention a Congress that doesn’t abdicate it’s responsibility.
Mind you without those other two branches the US and the world would be fcuked by a person with trumps mindset.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If he loses tomorrow, I fear he'll say something to provoke violence.

He's already doing it as we speak, but tomorrow it could be "well I've got nothing to lose, let's smash the place up".

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It's clear that Republicans have become a party that don't actually believe in - or want - democracy, and that they would abolish it if they could in favour of permanent Republican rule. There's no other good explanation for all of their various attempts to prevent people from casting a vote and to discount votes cast.

If Biden wins his top priority - aside from Covid-19 - should be to remove as many of various voter-suppression devices as he can, so that never again can a crypto-fascist like Trump have a chance of winning the presidency.

And ideally, although this will not be possible given states' powers, the Presidency should be decided by simple popular vote ... because s/he is not elected President of the Electoral College Voting System, s/he is is supposed to be elected President of the United States.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's clear that Republicans have become a party that don't actually believe in - or want - democracy, and that they would abolish it if they could in favour of permanent Republican rule. There's no other good explanation for all of their various attempts to prevent people from casting a vote and to discount votes cast.

If Biden wins his top priority - aside from Covid-19 - should be to remove as many of various voter-suppression devices as he can, so that never again can a crypto-fascist like Trump have a chance of winning the presidency.

And ideally, although this will not be possible given states' powers, the Presidency should be decided by simple popular vote ... because s/he is not elected President of the Electoral College Voting System, s/he is is supposed to be elected President of the United States.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Republicans completely lose power in 100 years due to demographic shifting.

GiddyUp

Listen to Lindsey Graham. You can live there as long as you are conservative. They mirror the Taliban more and more every week. My ex work colleague and his husband are fecking terrified right now.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It wouldn't surprise me if the Republicans completely lose power in 100 years due to demographic shifting.
Well, I guess it depends on how much they change/reform themselves into a very different kind of Republican Party from that which they've become, especially under Trump.

Right now, they are mass of contradictions. For example, they are supposed to be in favour of small government and individual liberty, but in fact are obsessed with the issue of opposing a women's right to choose re. abortion - which means they favour state control of women's bodies in this particular. It's impossible to square this with the principle of small government.

The way that democracy is supposed to work is that a defeated party, recognising its unpopularity, changes and reforms to make itself more popular. But the current Republican party seems far more intent on trying to remain artificially in power through voter suppression.

Foxbatt

It is ruddy ridiculous that Pompeo is warning Tanzania about elections. I mean is the USA even a democracy now? It certainly is no longer the leader of the free world. It is getting worse than a tinpot banana reluplic. At least they do not claim to be democracies or leader of the free world.

AaronRedDevil

I’m really afraid for America whatever the results will be. Either way, things are going to go bad to worse.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It is ruddy ridiculous that Pompeo is warning Tanzania about elections. I mean is the USA even a democracy now? It certainly is no longer the leader of the free world. It is getting worse than a tinpot banana reluplic. At least they do not claim to be democracies or leader of the free world.
Pompeo is just positioning for a run in a few years time. Acting all pious when the cnut has blood on his hands already.

Status
Not open for further replies.