The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggs86

Erm, are you really suggesting the Dems are more hypocritical than the GOP, that Trump is a strong candidate, and that there really has been constant BLM rioting? ('torching cities'!) Cause then I'd have to question your post about your news sources in the Elections thread...
The dems are as hypocritical as they come, just look at Pelosi and the way they treat honest but naive candidates like Bernie. Look at the damage people like Newsom, Cuomo and de Blasio are doing to their cities and states.

And yes, there has been constant BLM rioting. I don't know where you live or where you get your news, but I don't need news for that because I experienced it first hand where I live (Suburbs of a big democratic city).

Halftrack

I wouldn't have voted Trump if I were an American, but I felt the non-stop riots in states mainly governed by democrats fed into his law and order narrative.
This is such a massive over-dramatization. Limited riots sprung up in the wake of highly publicized incidents of police shooting yet another unarmed black man, and died down within a couple of days.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

I wouldn't have voted Trump if I were an American, but I felt the non-stop riots in states mainly governed by democrats fed into his law and order narrative.
In Minnesotta, where the riots started, Trump bettered Hillary's margin by 5%. In the specific county where the riots happened, turnout went up 25% and the margin stayed as massive as it was in 2016.

Georgia, where there were 2 rounds of riots in Atlanta, might go blue for the first time in 40+ years, bettering Hillary's performance by 5%.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This is such a massive over-dramatization. Limited riots sprung up in the wake of highly publicized incidents of police shooting yet another unarmed black man, and died down within a couple of days.
I dont think it's over dramatic, probably wasn't a city wide crippling riots but from where i stand in indonesia it is quite big issue that lastee surprisingly long

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The dems are as hypocritical as they come, just look at Pelosi and the way they treat honest but naive candidates like Bernie. Look at the damage people like Newsom, Cuomo and de Blasio are doing to their cities and states.

And yes, there has been constant BLM rioting. I don't know where you live or where you get your news, but I don't need news for that because I experienced it first hand where I live (Suburbs of a big democratic city).
The problem with trump supporter like you isnt that you're wrong in your conclusion.

The wrong thing is where you get your information on.

If you bother to dig a lot deeper than fox and friends the truth is hiding in plain sight.

Trump golfing more than obama, trump made the state pays him for his golf visit and many other Trump's shenagigans aren't conspiracy. It's live on tv.

It's like iraq. Are you justified in invading them? Yes. But are the reason legit? Nope they're made up lies

Giggs86

The problem with trump supporter like you isnt that you're wrong in your conclusion.

The wrong thing is where you get your information on.

If you bother to dig a lot deeper than fox and friends the truth is hiding in plain sight.

Trump golfing more than obama, trump made the state pays him for his golf visit and many other Trump's shenagigans aren't conspiracy. It's live on tv.

It's like iraq. Are you justified in invading them? Yes. But are the reason legit? Nope they're made up lies
I know that Trump spends a lot of time golfing and invading Iraq was a mistake (Biden was one of the senators who ok'd it, btw). Don't see how's that relevant to the post you quoted.

Also, I voted for Trump but I am not a Trump supporter. I had to vote and I chose the the lesser evil out of two bad options.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

Anecdotes are not evidence. Nor are they indicative of statistical significance.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I know that Trump spends a lot of time golfing and invading Iraq was a mistake (Biden was one of the senators who ok'd it, btw). Don't see how's that relevant to the post you quoted.

Also, I voted for Trump but I am not a Trump supporter. I had to vote and I chose the the lesser evil out of two bad options.
How can you say that after all thats happened? Its been a dumpster fire of a presidency since day 1 and there have been so many scandals and feck ups it impossible to remember them all. I heard the same thing about Hillary as well. Yeah, shes not perfect and shes clearly a part of the political elite, but Hillary is objectively a competent, experienced politician.

Trump is a self fellating moron and thats probably the nicest thing i can say about him.

Also, how are the democrats hypocrites compared to the GOP? They refused to confirm Merrick Garland in 2016 because "we cant confirm a new justice in an election year", yet they push through Barret a fecking month before the election this time

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
In Minnesotta, where the riots started, Trump bettered Hillary's margin by 5%. In the specific county where the riots happened, turnout went up 25% and the margin stayed as massive as it was in 2016.

Georgia, where there were 2 rounds of riots in Atlanta, might go blue for the first time in 40+ years, bettering Hillary's performance by 5%.
I'm glad to hear that. Violence in the city has spiked since then though and some citizens are suing the police department for not curbing the violence.

https://time.com/5902962/minneapolis-residents-sue-city-police-presence/

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

I don’t know where you get your news from, but you genuinely need to burst that bubble you’re in and get some unbiased facts. How you can even vote Trump after his 4 years suggests something is fundamentally wrong in what you’re viewing (based on the reasons you’ve given for voting him). And if that wasn’t enough, I’d hope you’d be sensible enough to, given what he’s done since the voting ended and the things he has said in the press, recognise that there is serious issues in the man and what he is saying.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I don’t know where you get your news from, but you genuinely need to burst that bubble you’re in and get some unbiased facts. How you can even vote Trump after his 4 years suggests something is fundamentally wrong in what you’re viewing (based on the reasons you’ve given for voting him). And if that wasn’t enough, I’d hope you’d be sensible enough to, given what he’s done since the voting ended and the things he has said in the press, recognise that there is serious issues in the man and what he is saying.
Surely you can appreciate why you echoing the comments from above that @Giggs86 lives in a bubble would make it appear like this place, and this thread, is an echo chamber? It's a pretty consistent theme

RoadTrip

Surely you can appreciate why you echoing the comments from above that @Giggs86 lives in a bubble would make it appear like this place, and this thread, is an echo chamber? It's a pretty consistent theme
I definitely know this thread and forum overall leans left and if I purely sought news and information from this forum and not from anywhere else, then I might be just as susceptible to falling into a bubble.

In my mind, I mentally cannot understand how someone, for the reasons listed, supports Trump over Biden, without only being subject to a biased news source.

Perhaps I’m wrong though. And perhaps it’s a reflection of just how divided people are that one cannot any longer fathom or understand or appreciate someone else’s viewpoint.

Who knows, maybe the disinformation equally affects the left as much as the right. But, there is genuinely (in my view) something very wrong when the serious issues with Trump are overlooked for the reasons stated because, to me, that just screams a bubbled biased exposure to facts.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This place is definitely a left-leaning echo chamber. Although Trump being a lying huckster who should never have been allowed near the White House is a fundamental reality that should transcend these sort of biases.

Revan

Assumptionman
This place is definitely a left-leaning echo chamber. Although Trump being a lying huckster who should never have been allowed near the White House is a fundamental reality that should transcend these sort of biases.
I wouldn't say left-leaning. It is a far-left forum (current events).

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I'd say we're aware of the right-wing arguments and what their commentators are saying though. We take in right-wing sources and refute them. Do Trump supporters do that too, or just assume it's fake news and not listen to it at all?

I might like this bubble and agree with its views, but I'm aware of what's happening outside it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'd say we're aware of the right-wing arguments and what their commentators are saying though. We take in right-wing sources and refute them. Do Trump supporters do that too, or just assume it's fake news and not listen to it at all?

I might like this bubble and agree with its views, but I'm aware of what's happening outside it.
Oh definitely. I don’t for one moment think we’re as deluded as Trumpists. I also like to think we’re left-leaning because that’s the right thing to be. But I would think that, from my own echo chamber. It’s difficult to understand how crazy becomes normal if you spend long enough down the wrong rabbit hole.

Amarsdd

This! that's why I find it very funny when right-wingers come into this forum and start spouting the "echo chamber" bs.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Anecdotes are not evidence. Nor are they indicative of statistical significance.
His 1st hand experience may not have statistical significance, but it may have significance for how it affects him and the area he lives in and his perception of events. That said, I dont know what he has witnessed, nor do I know which area he lives in and what's going on there and what's being reported there.

Last edited:

Precaution

Just think, in 3 months this thread will be dead and now all we have to talk about is whether or not Trump still gives a crap and if he tries to get a handy j from Pence.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It's his democratic right to vote Trump and so did 69m others. There's no need to be a condescending asshat about it.

Abizzz

It's his democratic right to vote Trump and so did 69m others. There's no need to be a condescending asshat about it.
:lol:

Trump voters foisted Trump on us, and we aren't even allowed to be condescending?

Abizzz

Trump voters and Brexiteers are a part of life we have to navigate.
Yeah but we don't have to smile and be polite to them despite them flinging an endless barrage of feces into our faces.

RoadTrip

The earnest haranguing of someone who didn't vote the way you wanted to is kinda pointless three days after the election though.
“Earnest haranguing” - yeah, OK.
1: I never told him who to vote for.
2. I never stopped him voting (like his man tries to do to those who disagree with him).
3. I never tried to cancel his vote (like his nan is trying to do to votes going against him).

I was not rude about him individually. I didn’t insult him. I simply tried to convey that, based on his posts, he should consider expanding where he obtains facts from because quite clearly he only is seeing some matters from a particularly biased viewpoint.

So, you can stop acting all magnanimous now.

littlepeasoup

Anyone really think this cnut is going to slip quietly into the night? He'll still hold rallies, and idiots will still turn up to listen to him, all the while people are still going to be avidly following all the foul nonsense he spouts on Twitter.

I can genuinely see him running as an independent in 2024 which should scare the crap out of the Republicans, because he'll take his millions of crazies with him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No chance he runs as an independent. He will run as a Republican. He thinks it's his party and he's right.
Don't know how to say it but part of me wants something to happen to him between now and 2024. :nervous:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Just think, in 3 months this thread will be dead and now all we have to talk about is whether or not Trump still gives a crap and if he tries to get a handy j from Pence.
I'm up for closing this thread as soon as Biden is announced to be honest.

Start a new one called Trump Lame Duck Period.

littlepeasoup

No chance he runs as an independent. He will run as a Republican. He thinks it's his party and he's right.
Don't know how to say it but part of me wants something to happen to him between now and 2024. :nervous:
Maybe you're right. Although the Republicans have properly made their bed with Trumpism now - if he wants to run as red for 2024 they're pretty much at his mercy... unless he catches whatever shrivelled monkey paw curse Mitch seems to be afflicted with.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I'm just saying, if you live in a democracy you have to live with the will of the people, on whatever basis of election the country has decided on. You won't always get the person you personally voted for. I wish he hadn't won as well but he did.

I just think that if people use this to undermine democracy then the next President could be a lot more dangerous than this guy.
:lol:

Gee Male

How can you say that after all thats happened? Its been a dumpster fire of a presidency since day 1 and there have been so many scandals and feck ups it impossible to remember them all. I heard the same thing about Hillary as well. Yeah, shes not perfect and shes clearly a part of the political elite, but Hillary is objectively a competent, experienced politician.

Trump is a self fellating moron and thats probably the nicest thing i can say about him.

Also, how are the democrats hypocrites compared to the GOP? They refused to confirm Merrick Garland in 2016 because "we cant confirm a new justice in an election year", yet they push through Barret a fecking month before the election this time
Trump's saving grace is that he is a moron. If he wasn't, then he would have been genuinely dangerous.

You can bet everything you have that there is someone who has watched what he has done, seen how he has done it, but has a far grander plan to execute if he got there. Trump is the start of something, voting him out now will do nothing long term without meaningful change for his supporters that might integrate them rather than continuing to mock and belittle them.

feck knows what that meaningful change looks like though, so many of his supporters are single issue conservative voters that it might be impossible to reach enough of them.

The US is continuing to head in a dangerous and polarised direction. Trump is a symptom of that, not the cause, removing him is not a cure.

Giggs86

Right, so the next time I vote I will just shut down the curtains at home and stop looking what happens outside in the city and the community I live in and form my opinion based on a far left forum with a majority of people who live thousands of miles away, who themselves form their opinions based on CNN and other far left echo chambers. Sound legit.

decorativeed

Oh definitely. I don’t for one moment think we’re as deluded as Trumpists. I also like to think we’re left-leaning because that’s the right thing to be. But I would think that, from my own echo chamber. It’s difficult to understand how crazy becomes normal if you spend long enough down the wrong rabbit hole.
I think on this forum, we call out bullshit as bullshit, and can be critical of the failings of our own chosen political parties and/or figures within them. Trump supporters and conservatives hardly ever call out the wrongs and failings of their side and only ever come back with whataboutism while repeating debunked news stories.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Right, so the next time I vote I will just shut down the curtains at home and stop looking what happens outside in the city and the community I live in and form my opinion based on a far left forum with a majority of people who live thousands of miles away, who themselves form their opinions based on CNN and other far left echo chambers. Sound legit.
CNN isn’t far left. If it’s far left of you personally, you’re probably a nazi.

Status
Not open for further replies.