The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

Apparently not. Yesterday I read a report saying 8 in 10 believe Biden won fairly
Theres a lot of hurt voters right now but theres no way their base falls for this. In 2 months when everybody has sobered up this will be as obvious to them as it is now to the rest of us.
I honestly cant believe the Republicans are killing their party for 4 more years of Trump. Its not even a Putin style stay as long as you want role, its literally 4 years against an anicient president who probably wont stand for reelection anyway.
I think I saw a similar poll, it stated that 70% of US Voters accepted the result and believed Trump should concede. So that was probably referring to all the Dems + the 30% 'sane' Republicans. The vast majority of Republicans unfortunately look to have completely bought into the conspiracy.

Smores

If Trump says the election needs to be redone, there's no chance that even a minority within the military go along with it then?

Abizzz

This thread :lol: No, it can't possibly be because a lot of peoples lives were actually improved, must be that they're stupid and/or evil.
No, they aren't stupid because they think that Trump improved their lives. They're just stupid. It's an observation of correlation without necessitating causation.

Denis79

I’ve long gotten to that point - past the point of disbelief and I look at trump from 2 perspectives: pure entertainment value (like watching a comedy act unfold) and he’s also everything that is wrong with this world, and yet he still has a **** following.
Funny you called it a comedy, just yesterday I wrote in a post:

"Hollywood used to entertain the rest of us once upon a time. Now it's the country in general, the US has become one of the best comedies ever thanks to their orange president."

I completely agree with you. We all know where ideology like his will lead. I keep hoping this is just a temporary wave of ultra right wing politics around the world but I should know better...

Foxbatt

"Hollywood used to entertain the rest of us once upon a time. Now it's the country in general, the US has become one of the best comedies ever thanks to their orange president."

I completely agree with you. We all know where ideology like his will lead. I keep hoping this is just a temporary wave of ultra right wing politics around the world but I should know better...
I think everyone has moved to the right or for that matter have always been to the right but kept in check by the facade of decency. With the election of Trump and BoJo all the facade was removed. Putin, Xi, Trump, Bo Jo, The guys in Eastern Europe, Erdogan, Netenyahu, Modi, Bolsonaro, Kaczinksi(Poland), Orban etc. All of these people are right wing . The funny thing is that some of the support fascism while others are anti fasicsts but at the end of the day they are right wing and probably racists too.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
That will be easy. We ll take you first so you dont have to get involved. I know you prefer Harry as well.
Grrr... Watch out or we'll be speaking French to you! I think that's probably about the worst we have...

(Don't send Louisianians, they might get it.)

Ish

Lights on for Luke

I think it’s here to stay tbh. The popularity and momentum it’s gained over the last decade or so.

Drifter

American
Proud Boys show their true colors

Civil war brewing inside Proud Boys as top leader says he’s done pretending he isn’t a Nazi

The far-right Proud Boys gang has long denied that it is a white nationalist organization and has instead claimed that it only exists to defend “Western Civilization.”

However, Newsweek reports that some members of the group are ready to openly embrace being a racist organization and are dropping any pretenses of wanting support of non-white people.

The civil war within the Proud Boys started when Kyle Chapman, the founder of the Proud Boys’ so-called “tactical defense arm,” sent out a message to supporters that he no longer wanted pretend that he wasn’t a white nationalist.

“Due to the recent failure of Proud Boy Chairman Enrique Tarrio to conduct himself with honor and courage on the battlefield, it has been decided that I Kyle Chapman reassume my post as President of Proud Boys effective immediately,” Chapman wrote. “We will no longer **** to the left by appointing token negroes as our leaders. We will no longer allow homosexuals or other ‘undesirables’ into our ranks. We will confront the Zionist criminals who wish to destroy our civilization.”

He also made clear that he believed talk of defending “Western Civilization” was really just a racist dog whistle all along.

“We recognize that the West was built by the White Race alone and we owe nothing to any other race,” he wrote.

Good people on both sides.

NoLogo

My joy of the Biden win is beginning to be replaced by fear for what Trump and GOP might accomplish. Are the republican party really prepared to put the US on the brink of civil unrest just to prevent 4 years of a Democrat president?
If I was a conspiracy nut I would probably say he is executing Putins last command. "Before you have to leave office cause as much damage to the US democracy as you can."

But since I'm not into this sort of thing I chose to believe Trump is simply an egotistical maniac who really believes he was cheated out of a second term and now is trying anything in his power to "protect himself".

Honestly I'm not quite sure which version is more scary. :lol:

The Firestarter

Civil war brewing inside Proud Boys as top leader says he’s done pretending he isn’t a Nazi

I am surprised he wrote negroes and not what he really wanted to. Only a matter of time though.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
If I was a conspiracy nut I would probably say he is executing Putins last command. "Before you have to leave office cause as much damage to the US democracy as you can."

But since I'm not into this sort of thing I chose to believe Trump is simply an egotistical maniac who really believes he was cheated out of a second term and now is trying anything in his power to "protect himself".

Honestly I'm not quite sure which version is more scary. :lol:
I think we're too quick to move on from the idea that his uprooting of DoD and intelligence officials is far more likely intended to erase tracks. The fact two new senior officials are Nunes sycophants who were also referenced in Vindman's testimony as undermining the US government is f-ed up. Also don't forget the Ukranian official who yesterday admitted he lied for the Trump administration in pointing the finger at Biden. (Which was buried in other news too).

And it would be a more plausible explanation why Trump is taking on a fight he can't win. They never expected to lose - they figured they would have plenty of time to cover their asses - now they don't and they need to distract and stall in the meantime.

RedTiger

Half mast

“We will no longer **** to the left by appointing token negroes as our leaders. We will no longer allow homosexuals or other ‘undesirables’ into our ranks. We will confront the Zionist criminals who wish to destroy our civilization.”
Colour me surprised.

Actually don't colour me, just incase Kyle gets triggered.

GiddyUp

Also, "courage on the battlefield". Like wtf. They are going around playing GI Joe and I would bet my last dollar they would fecking crumble if the riot police came up against them the way they do against peaceful protesters. Courage is when you try to stop a dangerous armed individual with a skateboard, not hiding behind a little cock extensions while dressed in pockets and tough guy man purses.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

Seriously? They're racist? Hm, I seeing Trump's orders to them in a whole new light now. Maybe Trump is... racist?

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
It's awful how Biden and Harris are having their Transition funding blocked. Mind you, they were no doubt anticipating this and hopefully have some contingency plan in place.

RedTiger

Half mast
It's awful how Biden and Harris are having their Transition funding blocked. Mind you, they were no doubt anticipating this and hopefully have some contingency plan in place.
I read yesterday that the Biden/Harris team were confident enough of winning the presidency that during the last 2 weeks of campaigning they switched from raising money for the election to raising money for the transition. I think they've got their ducks in order.

bsCallout

My joy of the Biden win is beginning to be replaced by fear for what Trump and GOP might accomplish. Are the republican party really prepared to put the US on the brink of civil unrest just to prevent 4 years of a Democrat president?
Not whilst they hold the senate, but unfortunately one man still has a lot of power that he is weilding.

Hammerfell

I read yesterday that the Biden/Harris team were confident enough of winning the presidency that during the last 2 weeks of campaigning they switched from raising money for the election to raising money for the transition. I think they've got their ducks in order.
I think you've muddled something up there.

Simbo

Apparently started preparing for it three months ago.

NoLogo

I think we're too quick to move on from the idea that his uprooting of DoD and intelligence officials is far more likely intended to erase tracks. The fact two new senior officials are Nunes sycophants who were also referenced in Vindman's testimony as undermining the US government is f-ed up. Also don't forget the Ukranian official who yesterday admitted he lied for the Trump administration in pointing the finger at Biden. (Which was buried in other news too).

And it would be a more plausible explanation why Trump is taking on a fight he can't win. They never expected to lose - they figured they would have plenty of time to cover their asses - now they don't and they need to distract and stall in the meantime.
If that is the case I hope the people he replaced now have backups of the relevant files at places Trumps goons can't get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.