The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTF

Is this just all lip service or is it actually possible?
I think its very low chances it gets done. You'd need half of the cabinet, and then for it to ultimately hold you need 2/3 vote in both the house and the senate. I think the main challenge is half the cabinet.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Zuckers had his say

"In 18,727 earth minutes the humanoid known as Biden Joe will be integrated into the machine in place of the defunct Trump protocol. In order to limit divergence caused by autonomous lifeforms we have initiated Order 45. I, as a humanoid male, am feeling EMOTION FOURTEEN about the predicament."

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I would pay to watch a live stream of his private rants at the moment.
Maybe that'll be what Trump TV ends up being? People who don't like him paying to watch him rant about golf handicaps.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Maybe they secretly already invoked the 25th Amendment

All they would need to do is put him in he fake oval office in the basement give him a TV with only Newsmaxx and OANN and a fake twitter app and he would be good for the next 2 weeks.

The Firestarter

All they would need to do is put him in he fake oval office in the basement give him a TV with only Newsmaxx and OANN and a fake twitter app and he would be good for the next 2 weeks.
And Hope covid Hicks bring him burgers and covfvf every 5 hours.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Senate Maj Leader Schumer has called for Trump to be removed from office :drool:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Is this just all lip service or is it actually possible?

The only good thing I've ever tasted from Ireland was a woman called Debbie and she stole my coat the next morning.
Remove the quotes and it becomes clear that both lines in your post relate to the same thing.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Really can’t see them being efficient and organised enough to get him booted under the 25th that quickly.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You have to remove him on principle. Even if he had three days left, he can't be allowed to see out his term. He is an enemy of the state.

Foxbatt

The Cabinet might but Trump is going to contest and the House would never get the 2/3rd majority.

ChaddyP

Really can’t see them being efficient and organised enough to get him booted under the 25th that quickly.
they dont need to boot him entirely.

Pence could remove him tonight if he wanted . And there's nothing trump could do about it for at least 4 days, after which congress would have up to 21 days to deliberate. They could run the clock out on him

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I think its very low chances it gets done. You'd need half of the cabinet, and then for it to ultimately hold you need 2/3 vote in both the house and the senate. I think the main challenge is half the cabinet.
This part it is redundant, considering there's only 13 days until Biden takes office: there wouldn't be enough time left for Trump to appeal the decision and have Congress decide.

Pence and 50% of cabinet is all that's needed right now.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
they dont need to boot him entirely.

Pence could remove him tonight if he wanted . And there's nothing trump could do about it for at least 4 days, after which congress would have up to 21 days to deliberate. They could run the clock out on him
Pence plus half the cabinet which is the issue, it’s full of sycophants.

ChaddyP

Yes but the discussion was about needing 2/3s of both houses to agree. Pelosi can delay a vote for 21 days. That's what I'm responding to.

MTF

So, my non-lawyer ass took a look at the law, and it seems like for purposes of this vote maybe only the heads of 15 executive departments + the VP count. If that's 16 and you need a majority, that means you'd need 9 votes. If anyone has a different interpretation please weigh in.

None of the 16 look to me to be easy 'yes' votes to me, as not many of them at this point really have any principles at all.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
You have to remove him on principle. Even if he had three days left, he can't be allowed to see out his term. He is an enemy of the state.
This. They can't afford to do nothing about what's happened and there has to be consequences for what he's done. Inciting a domestic terrorist plot targeting the US government and then supposedly delaying or refusing to deploy law enforcement that could put an end to it isn't something you sweep under the rug because the fat moron responsible is losing his job in a couple of weeks.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So, my non-lawyer ass took a look at the law, and it seems like for purposes of this vote maybe only the heads of 15 executive departments + the VP count. If that's 16 and you need a majority, that means you'd need 9 votes. If anyone has a different interpretation please weigh in.

None of the 16 look to me to be easy 'yes' votes to me, as not many of them at this point really have any principles at all.
I believe that’s right.

MTF

This part it is redundant, considering there's only 13 days until Biden takes office: there wouldn't be enough time left for Trump to appeal the decision and have Congress decide.

Pence and 50% of cabinet is all that's needed right now.
Yes but the discussion was about needing 2/3s of both houses to agree. Pelosi can delay a vote for 21 days. That's what I'm responding to.
You guys are right, I didn't read the procedure right. As long as the VP and cabinet vote to remove him, communicate that to the President pro-tempore of the Senate and Speaker of the House, and then are ready to immediately issue the same communication upon Trump potentially communicating that he is ready to return to power, then the congress votes are irrelevant here due to timing. They can just sit on the vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.