The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrydaly

Praying to have a guy on top of him
Terrorism or murder. Legal semantics. I have the best lawyers.

I have legal qualifications, you know. I have taught law.

(Actually that last bit's true, but...)

Nucks

RT History Department
A large part of the reason clashes like this happen is because people in the centre on both sides take offence to "their" side being criticised, and thus dismiss legitimate criticisms of extremists on either side. It's a very divisive form of ignorance even if it seemless harmless and is mostly well-intentioned.
But, one side espouses intolerance, hate, intolerance and violence against other groups. The other side is violent in a reactionary way to the other group.

I'm fine with violence against people who call for violence against others, they deserve a punch in the nose. I also do not think it is hypocritical in anyway. One side is happy to live and let live, but elements are willing to fight for the rights of others, and that is honorable.

Boycott

He's getting ripped for comparing with George Washington...........but isn't the comparison he was making that Washington owned slaves true?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
But, one side espouses intolerance, hate, intolerance and violence against other groups. The other side is violent in a reactionary way to the other group.
Do you really believe there are no reactionaries on the far right, and no people inciting violence and hatred on the far left?

Nucks

RT History Department
Do you really believe there are no reactionaries on the far right, and no people inciting violence and hatred on the far left?
Can you point out the widespread examples?

Where are the leftist groups trying to establish policy based on racism and nationalism? Where are the lefty groups calling for violence against minorities? Are there left groups calling for violence against extremist right wingers? Absolutely. Why? Because those right wing racist nationalists are calling for activities that violate the fecking constitution. Violence in response to that is justified if the government isn't going to step in and regulate these morons.

Fergies Gum

This just keeps getting more ridiculous every passing day.

Kelly will be regretting leaving his job at DHS.

MTF

He's getting ripped for comparing with George Washington...........but isn't the comparison he was making that Washington owned slaves true?
Yes, but he also died several decades before the abolition issue came to a boiling point. As such, he never had to take a firm stand on the issue under pressure. Who knows, maybe he'd have reasoned like Lee did... we'll just never know. But he shouldn't be subject to condemnation.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
an you point out the widespread examples?

Where are the leftist groups trying to establish policy based on racism and nationalism? Where are the lefty groups calling for violence against minorities? Are there left groups calling for violence against extremist right wingers? Absolutely. Why? Because those right wing racist nationalists are calling for activities that violate the fecking constitution. Violence in response to that is justified if the government isn't going to step in and regulate these morons.
Antifa?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_terrorism

Boycott

Yes, but he also died several decades before the abolition issue came to a boiling point. As such, he never had to take a firm stand on the issue under pressure. Who knows, maybe he'd have reasoned like Lee did... we'll just never know. But he shouldn't be subject to condemnation.
Thanks for the context. I'm going to read up about this in detail later.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

You see now we're having a different discussion. The question isn't whether the far left focus their attention on the same groups, nor is it whether they exist in the same numbers. We know in both cases that isn't the case.

The question is whether you believe, deep down, that there are people on the far left that incite violence and generate hatred (beyond a simple reaction to Neo-nazis)? If you do, then it stands to reason that a blanket defence of them - intentionally or otherwise - is perpetuating ignorance and division.

People don't know all the facts, but somehow he knows there were find people amongst the torch carriers and not all of them are neo-nazi's. Wtf were they doing there then?
You can guarantee that at least some of them there didn't know what the feck they stand for, or even what the movement stood for. Lots of people have very flimsy values and a poor comprehension of complex issues. It's important to remember they are complex issues after all. History should've taught us that much. It's possible some idiots and fruitloops just wanted to protect the statue without understanding its significance on any useful level.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
By the way, this was supposed to be a speech about infrastructure.

Why does he do this? Why can't he just leave things alone? He's a fecking imbecile, what has he to gain from this? Why did he even go there? :lol:
The answer is in the question!

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Why does he do this? Why can't he just leave things alone? He's a fecking imbecile, what has he to gain from this? Why did he even go there? :lol:
It had a certain dramatic reality show finale vibe to it.

Fergies Gum

There's been plenty of violence from Antifa at rallies from groups of thugs who always turn up looking for trouble and causing violence.

There's been numerous attacks towards Trump supports, solely because they were wearing a MAGA hat.

MTF

The point being missed by the moron is Lee fought to leave the Union.
I try not to emphasize it, because it might be interpreted that I'm reducing the slavery issue. But yes, to my mind all the leaders of the Confederacy were guilty of treason towards the US. I find even the name "Union" to be a misnomer. It was the United States vs rebels.

Nogbadthebad

This happened for one single reason.

He was made to say he condemned nazis yesterday.

He read out a speech written by someone else with words he did not agree with, because he was forced to. And this is the child's tantrum that has come as a result.

You want to know what trump really thinks, whether he really does support the alt-right, this here, this is his own words, this is the real trump. A racist shitestain son of a KKK member.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I try not to emphasize it, because it might be interpreted that I'm reducing the slavery issue. But yes, to my mind all the leaders of the Confederacy were guilty of treason towards the US. I find even the name "Union" to be a misnomer. It was the United States vs rebels.
Slavery was the issue the Civil war was fought over. It is the Act of Treason by taking up arms against the Union that is the crime. But do we expect an imbecile to understand that?

But thanks for your post.

Sigma

Just watched the interview of Scaramucci with Colbert. Seems like a nice guy, one of the more likeable people in the Trump administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.