The UEFA Euro Fantasy Draft

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
CEIC, what bollocks, less players from that, please.
:lol:

@Balu This should be all the encouragement you need to keep it in. These damn Newbies coming up here thinking they can take over our drafts :p
I´d fancy to reduce CEIC from 3 to 2.
3 players for each team means we need 48 players from those 5 CEIC tournaments. It's quite a lot actually. I'm thinking of adding the first few 60's tournaments to that group instead of reducing the numer from 3 to 2. UEFA changed the name for the 1968 tournament. If we add 1960 and 1964 to the CEICs, it should be hard, but doable. Can we agree on that?

Skills

Snitch
Let's make this a CEIC draft a.k.a. who can talk the most shit. Rumour has @aldoraine18 is the odds on favourite.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
It's nice to see some fresh people. I remember being in the newbies and it was a nightmare sometimes trying to find people to play them. I think this is the quickest I've ever seen one get (almost) filled up.
Will be fun, this. I like the prospect of having a few players i've never heard of. Sound good, @Baloo

Skizzo

3 players for each team means we need 48 players from those 5 CEIC tournaments. It's quite a lot actually. I'm thinking of adding the first few 60's tournaments to that group instead of reducing the numer from 3 to 2. UEFA changed the name for the 1968 tournament. If we add 1960 and 1964 to the CEICs, it should be hard, but doable. Can we agree on that?
Should be able to make that work. I'm struggling to fill out a huge shortlist of players from CEIC, so the '60 and '64 tournaments added to that pool would certainly help.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
We have 16 already. That was quick. @Edgar Allan Pillow Time to make a decision, manager or not? I'm sure if you step back, your place will be filled in no time.

Also, if everyone agrees to start earlier, I don't mind. If only one of the managers wants to have the Easter holidays draft free, we'll wait.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Should be able to make that work. I'm struggling to fill out a huge shortlist of players from CEIC, so the '60 and '64 tournaments added to that pool would certainly help.
Yeah, it adds different teams as well, the CEIC teams were mostly the same. That should be enough though. I updated the op.

MJJ

Skizzo

We have 16 already. That was quick. @Edgar Allan Pillow Time to make a decision, manager or not? I'm sure if you step back, your place will be filled in no time.

Also, if everyone agrees to start earlier, I don't mind. If only one of the managers wants to have the Easter holidays draft free, we'll wait.
Maybe start early if everyone is willing, but Easter weekend there's no time limit in case people are away for the weekend? I'm fine either way. Still plenty of research to do :nervous:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
You could just make the pool CEIC + Euro, but have no restrictions.

So, sensitive souls who are allergic to players it's possible to talk "shit" about don't have to soil their teams with such abominations.

Skills

Snitch
Hell of a CV. I'm currently waiting to see if @NM is going to shaft me and join Theon. Otherwise I'd start looking for my tape player.
I was underrating myself a bit. I also invented the formation called the 'rectangle'. Most devastating system since total football.

Skizzo

I was underrating myself a bit. I also invented the formation called the 'rectangle'. Most devastating system since total football.
Ahh, that masterpiece. I remember seeing it posted...control the sidelines and the ball never goes out of play. Can really wear down the opposition.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
The final list (part 1):

1. @Chesterlestreet
2. @Theon
3. @Skizzo
4. @Joga Bonito
5. @The Stain
6. @Edgar Allan Pillow @MJJ
7. @Šjor Bepo
8. @Raees

If you want to start before the Easter Weekend, let me know. If all 16 managers agree to start now, we'll kick it off. If not we'll wait till next Wednesday as I mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

/edit:
The drafting starts next week, Wednesday, April 8th at noon.

Also read the rules in the op carefully and ask questions if something isn't clear before you make a pick. Changes to the rules can be made until the drafting starts, so make sure you check if something changed before you make your first pick. If you don't want to do it in public, send me a message.

Last edited:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
The final list (part 2):

9. @PedroMendez

10. @ctp
11. @Big red123
12. @Paolo Di Canio
13. @The Red Viper
14. @Aldo
15. @Stobzilla
16. @harms

If you want to start before the Easter Weekend, let me know. If all 16 managers agree to start now, we'll kick it off. If not we'll wait till next Wednesday as I mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

/edit:
The drafting starts next week, Wednesday, April 8th at noon.

Also read the rules in the op carefully and ask questions if something isn't clear before you make a pick. Changes to the rules can be made until the drafting starts, so make sure you check if something changed before you make your first pick. If you don't want to do it in public, send me a message.

Last edited:

The Stain

@Balu i think there's a limit to how many you can tag in each post and i think you went over it. I can start whenever, aah research :nervous:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
@Balu i think there's a limit to how many you can tag in each post and i think you went over it.
It's 10 as far as I know. That's why I made two posts :D. Unless they changed it again. Originally it was 5 but it was increased to 10 a while ago. Did you get an alert?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Cool to start now:

1. Stobzilla
2. ctp
3. Paolo Di Canio
4. The Stain

add to this if you want to start now, or kill it by saying you don't want to. If we make it to 16, we can start.

Skills

Snitch
skizzo is treating you like sloppy seconds, will you stand for that.
I will turn down his offer anyway and hate on his team throughout the draft. He had his chance he fecked it up.

The Stain

It's ok. Newbies need to have some sort of disadvantage. Can start whenever. Any AM's looking for a job?