The Unpopular Opinion thread. Post yours here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Men are far more emotional than women.

Man United fans are as fickle as rival fans really paint us as, probably worse because we deny it.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Pogba isn't world class or close to it. Incredibly talented, capable of the spectacular, but he's proving to be exactly what I said he was all of last season. A youtube highlights player. Nothing more then that. He'll score a screamer occasionally, nutmeg players now and then, pull off some nice touches, but for the rest of the 80 minutes of the game, he'll do nothing. Juve got the better midfielder in with Pjanic for 25m then what we got for 90m. Sad but true. He'll come good I think and improve a lot, but despite being 23 now he still plays like he's a 19 year old.
Pjanic was on the list of players I said were better than Pogba we could have signed in the summer. You are spot on with this assessment. Anyone who has watched him for a period of time will know this. He's the same player he was at Juve just in a much less dominant team.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Rashford is not all that.
You guys are stir sh*t crazy. Rashford is only 18 (still) and has the most important gift in a football team: goals. I'll tell you who wasn't 'all that' not long ago: Firmino and Lallana. A freshen up with a new manager, some positive attacking play and look at where they are now. Imagine what Pep or Klopp could turn Rashford into.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Football isn't about the best 11 individuals. It is about 11 individuals working best as a team.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Our squad isn't that bad. Our manager is a bit shit.
Total and utter nonsense - Jose is proven as a manager, his record is incredible. He has has what.. 8 games and you are calling him shit? Seriously? The squad at Man Utd is not very good, that is the problem and has been the problem for several years now. Sorry but that's true. There are some very good players in it but only one world class talent (De Gea) imo, there is an imbalance in the squad, particularly in midfield, the defence is not great either and up front you definitely have the talent but there is a lack of form.

Jose is going to need a couple of seaons to ship out a ton of players and get his own ones in - the entire squad needs a serious overhaul. Either you let him do it, or panic again and sack another manager and the entire process starts over again.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mourinho needs to change Pogba's attitude, he's not good enough to be a number 10 and he doesn't warrant playing a very specific midfield so he doesn't have to defend. He needs a mentality change, if he could alter the way he plays to be a bit deeper and do a lot of defensive work as well as attacking work he could be one of the best midfielders in the world.
He has all the talent but feck me he can be lazy.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I didn't want Jose Mourinho managing the club I have loved for almost 50 years because I believe he's a busted flush.Maybe we should have hired him 3 years ago when SAF left but not now.
I don't believe Zlatan is up to it either.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
We're not that bad and have as good a chance as any of the top teams at winning the league this year. Hate optimism for the sake of it, I just really think this is the case.

grahamo

get rid of smalling, Rojo, Jones, Blind, Fellaini, Lingard. Bring back Schweinsteigger and Carrick but use them sparingly. Get Michael Keane back off Burnley and get Johnny Evans back. Is that unpopular enough?

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
How is that an unpopular opinion?
Well, you can read the notion in almost every thread. Just two out of many examples: Who would walk into another team's starting XI; title chances discussed based on individual players' names rather than teams' strengths or tactics.

Last edited:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
@GlastonSpur has been pretty much bang on with most of his analysis and predictions relating to United and Spurs over the last 2-3 years.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
We'll pick it up and be right in the mix for the title after the Christmas period where the likes of City and Liverpool will drop points.

JoaquinJoaquin

We'll pick it up and be right in the mix for the title after the Christmas period where the likes of City and Liverpool will drop points.
No chance. We will be battling for 4th at most this season. Next season is when I expect us to push on and challenge for the title.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
@GlastonSpur has been pretty much bang on with most of his analysis and predictions relating to United and Spurs over the last 2-3 years.
Well, thanks, it makes a change from endlessly being called deluded, most recently when I spoke against the claim that Pogba would "walk into" the Spurs team.

Libano

Men are far more emotional than women.
Only in football. That's the main function of this sport: It provides a socially acceptable avenue for men to vent their emotions. Crying, shouting, hating, joyful screaming, the whole bandwidth. Where do we get to do this in the real world without being judged in some way?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Only in football. That's the main function of this sport: It provides a socially acceptable avenue for men to vent their emotions. Crying, shouting, hating, joyful screaming, the whole bandwidth. Where do we get to do this in the real world without being judged in some way?
That's the thing, isn't that worse? Or more indicative of a truly unstable emotional person?
Not that I blame men or anything, society chooses to dictate that women are only allowed to show emotion, but that doesn't make it right.
Bottling up emotions only to let it out when your sports team wins or loses isn't healthy or stable.

Libano

That's the thing, isn't that worse? Or more indicative of a truly unstable emotional person?
Not that I blame men or anything, society chooses to dictate that women are only allowed to show emotion, but that doesn't make it right.
Bottling up emotions only to let it out when your sports team wins or loses isn't healthy or stable.
You just described the average football fan to perfection. Living life by means of surrogate emotion. "Your" team's success gives you the feeling of personal accomplishment by proxy. It's sad but for many hardcore fans it's the only way to experience certain emotions. They practically live life through their chosen team, much like an ambitious parent lives success through their prodigy offspring. Once you move past that state and truly start building a stable emotional life of your own, winning and losing will become less relevant and the beauty of the game itself is what remains interesting.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
You just described the average football fan to perfection. Living life by means of surrogate emotion. "Your" team's success gives you the feeling of personal accomplishment by proxy. It's sad but for many hardcore fans it's the only way to experience certain emotions. They practically live life through their chosen team, much like an ambitious parent lives success through their prodigy offspring. Once you move past that state and truly start building a stable emotional life of your own, winning and losing will become less relevant and the beauty of the game itself is what remains interesting.
Good post, and I agree completely. Still only proves men are less emotionally stable ;)

Masterman

Delle alli is vastly over rated, isn't a great passer and is mediocre in terms of football intelligence
It's quite sad really, Dele Alli is less talented than Scott Parker and yet he's now the great English hope and new Gerrard. Shows how far the English national team has sank talent wise.

The BlackGaijin

Mkhitaryan is not match fit like Jose suggested and there is no conspiracy behind the scenes like most here think and hope there is.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
It's quite sad really, Dele Alli is less talented than Scott Parker and yet he's now the great English hope and new Gerrard. Shows how far the English national team has sank talent wise.
It's the manager that makes them look great. Look how Klopp has made some scouse players look good.
We were conned into buying Sneiderlin because he looked good under that manager.

The BlackGaijin

It's the manager that makes them look great. Look how Klopp has made some scouse players look good.
We were conned into buying Sneiderlin because he looked good under that manager.
Thats why Kane sucked in the Championship and sucks for England. Poch has a system that makes avarage players look world class. I pity the poor bastards who will end spunking 100m or more on Kane or Alli

matecro007

I would rather buy quality random player for 25mil euros , than overpriced hyped big name ballerina who is milking the club for more money.

Libano

I would rather buy quality random player for 25mil euros , than overpriced hyped big name ballerina who is milking the club for more money.
that's the holy grail of football transfers. these players are really hard to find. in the age of statistics that we live in hidden gems don't stay hidden for long.

FreeMkhi

England does not have a single player that could make the starting XI of Germany, France, Spain (maybe not even the squad).

Henrikh Mkhitaryan is the best footballer on United and possibly by a long shot.

Jose Mourinho's tactics are outdated and we will not improve under him.

Libano

England does not have a single player that could make the starting XI of Germany, France, Spain (maybe not even the squad).

Henrikh Mkhitaryan is the best footballer on United and possibly by a long shot.

Sagna could probably be replaced by an English player.
And no, Mkhitaryan isn't the best United player. De Gea is.

SirScholes

Haha never thought of it that way, but yes it's very sad

saivet

Do Germany even have any half decent full backs? And who even is there no.9?

Libano

Do Germany even have any half decent full backs? And who even is there no.9?
Current fullbacks are Kimmich who is an absolute world beater in the making, and Hector who is really mobile and useful in Germany's attacking play but I think an in-form Luke Shaw is a better player.

Their 9's are Müller and Götze. Not ideal in that position but I'd easily rate them higher than Sturridge.

Needham

Players coming from Germany to Utd are cursed -Schweinsteiger, Kagawa, Hargreaves, Mickyhardtospell. It won't nor has it ever worked out for them here.

Lentwood

Memphis Depay is twice as talented as Lingard and is also currently a better option as a winger than Marcus Rashford

He should get a run in the side on one flank with Martial on the other

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Memphis Depay is twice as talented as Lingard and is also currently a better option as a winger than Marcus Rashford

I wouldnt neccesarily agree but I think he's looked promising in some few cameo's this season, he deserves at least a chance from the start in a cup game or EL.

SirScholes

Twice as talent as both of them but doesn't apply himself even half as well as they do.

I'd like to see him work but would be a massive gamble for Jose to take at this stage, he is trying to manage a United team low on confidence, he needs players that will give him a performance or at least as safe a bet as he can get

Status
Not open for further replies.