The Unpopular Opinion thread. Post yours here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
There is no need to panic. Quite the oposite, in fact. We're playing well. Belief is the key. We should have a "prep man" or whatever they call it - like the bloke that gees up the crowd before live TV shows. Someone should be out on the pitch before home matches with a mic saying "Say hello to the Manchester United fan next to you. Do we all want to give everything we can to help the team perform to their very best in this game? Well, do we? Give me a UNITED!!! Do it again!" etc., etc.
This post could go straight into that "cringe worthy moments in football" thread.

We're fackin Manchester United fans, why do we need some dick head telling us to show our team support?

DenisIrwin

This post could go straight into that "cringe worthy moments in football" thread.

We're fackin Manchester United fans, why do we need some dick head telling us to show our team support?
Because the home support isn't what it could/should be. It's like a random collection of strangers. The local pub is far more passionate in its support.

Untied

Some people seem to have confused "unpopular opinions" with "idiotic opinions"

Giggs86

Mkhi will be sold in January and become player of the year in his new team.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Don't agree with that one so guess it definitely belongs in this thread! This is Mourinho's first season, Klopp finished 8th in his and they haven't won shit yet.
If we look out of the top 4 race at the business end of the season and winning the EL is our best route to the Champion's League then I'd be fine with finishing 8th. That's the situation they were in last season.

FreeMkhi

Mkhi will be sold in January and become player of the year in his new team.
My guess is if Juve doesn't get him Arsenal will once again pounce and snatch him up. An attack of Sanchez, Mkhi, and Ozil would be absolutely frightening.

And yes he will leave in January thanks to Mourinho, no player wants to be humiliated and feel worthless without even being given any chances.

MAME DIOUF 32

Mourinho is actually done as a top level manager. The only thing he knows how to do is stop the opposition scoring. In games that don't require that he doesn't give the players anything special to work with.

Dr. StrangeHate

Mourinho is actually done as a top level manager. The only thing he knows how to do is stop the opposition scoring. In games that don't require that he doesn't give the players anything special to work with.
I remember in his last year at Madrid, the league had figured this out and didn't let Madrid play counter attack. We all know how that ended.
He just can't setup a team that can break down a "park the bus" team.
There are going to be many more days like Burnley. Flair players are going to be totally marginilized and workers like Lingard, Rashford, Young and Fellaini will keep on getting the chances.

The White Pele

"Unpopular" as in seemingly not shared by the majority of this forum:

We are on the verge of turning our fortunes around

Mourinho will still be here in 3 years time

The White Pele

I remember in his last year at Madrid, the league had figured this out and didn't let Madrid play counter attack. We all know how that ended.
He just can't setup a team that can break down a "park the bus" team.
There are going to be many more days like Burnley. Flair players are going to be totally marginilized and workers like Lingard, Rashford, Young and Fellaini will keep on getting the chances.
Today he set up a team that broke down a "park the bus" team.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
A lot of these opinions shouldn't be classified as unpopular. Regardless, here's mine (potentially the most unpopular opinion of them all):

I think we will make top 4. But Liverpool will win the league.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Judging by the reaction on here I guess me thinking that our game yesterday against Burnley was our best team performance of the season so far classifies as an unpopular opinion.

I don't think, over the course of the whole 90, we've looked as dominate as we did yesterday. From minute 1 to 90 we were all over them, and if it weren't for a MOTM performance from Heaton and some poor finishing, it could have been nasty for Burnley.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
We should have offensive and defensive coordinators like in American football.

Not really, but we should get a DOF.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Judging by the reaction on here I guess me thinking that our game yesterday against Burnley was our best team performance of the season so far classifies as an unpopular opinion.

I don't think, over the course of the whole 90, we've looked as dominate as we did yesterday. From minute 1 to 90 we were all over them, and if it weren't for a MOTM performance from Heaton and some poor finishing, it could have been nasty for Burnley.
Agree, though the opposition does have to be taken into account. If we do the same against a team who are less inclined to PTB then I'll be happy.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Agree, though the opposition does have to be taken into account. If we do the same against a team who are less inclined to PTB then I'll be happy.
Yeah, true. Right now, I don't think we're capable of dominating a team that's more inclined to attack and press us, but if we did I'd be pleasantly surprised! Still, I enjoyed our performance yesterday regardless of the fact they made it easier for us due to being very defensive.

Treble

True but Burnley are terrible away from home, that should have been one of the easiest wins all season.

M Bison

Supports
York City
A lot of these opinions shouldn't be classified as unpopular. Regardless, here's mine (potentially the most unpopular opinion of them all):

I think we will make top 4. But Liverpool will win the league.
This is one of those dilemma questions, can't make my mind up on whether I'd take this or not :confused:

Like Gary Neville said "like having a choice of 2 blokes to nick your wife"!

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
This is one of those dilemma questions, can't make my mind up on whether I'd take this or not :confused:

Like Gary Neville said "like having a choice of 2 blokes to nick your wife"!
Easy for me. If Liverpool were playing aliens for the fate of the Earth, I would support the aliens.

SirMattBugsby

In terms of playing as a unit, we're still as bad as last season. Just a wannabe (Mourinho's) Chelsea now instead of a wannabe Barcelona.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Jose is the man to bring us back to the top but he will need a couple of summers.

Status
Not open for further replies.