The Unpopular Opinion thread. Post yours here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghagua

Hull City are just as good as United this season based on the 3 games they played against us.

Philadelphian

Possibly the best post I've ever seen. It had me laughing out loud pal :lol:

I was expecting the last point to say the world will slowly descend into a thermonuclear cold war and man will be wiped out within the next 30 years.

Best part is, your points aren't as far fetched as they seem :lol:
And neither is your point about the cold war...shit.

Dong Fangzhuo

I still can't stand Mourinho and find it weird to see him in the OT dugout. His constant whinging is embarrassing and his treatment of players/man management skills are archaic. The football we play and the results we get in no way make up for this.

iKeano

I hate the new chant everyone is raving about.

I also want to take Jessie Lingards flip-flop off and slap him round the face with it.

Christmas pudding is disgusting.

The movie "Drive" was sh1t3.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Mourinho is an ego maniac and created needless problems with Mhki and now Martial. He now supports Mhki because Mhki passed the test and bowed to Mourinho's ego by claiming he was right to drop him in the press. Mourinho now takes all the credit for when Mhki plays well.

Martial is currently not bowing to Mourinho's ego so is out of favour. Once he goes crawling to Mourinho and comes out saying he was right to drop him then Martial will be back in favour and allowed to play more consistently. Jose will then take all the credit for Martial's good performances.

Last edited:

Needham

Jose has actually cracked. I mean something has irreversibly changed about his belief in people and its not coming back. Because of it, he can no longer inspire.

Philadelphian

Jose has actually cracked. I mean something has irreversibly changed about his belief in people and its not coming back. Because of it, he can no longer inspire.
I see this as well. And all 3 managers post-SAF have been unable to inspire also. So we are left with what looks like a team of mostly uninspired players desperate to win, rather than feeling like they deserve to win.

Oh and on top of the managers lacking that ability to inspire, our Captain(s) have lacked the exact same thing.

Oh and we could still need 5 new starters just to catch up in terms of ability, meaning we won't have a team that feels any connection to the club. Hopefully the new buys are so good it won't matter, but I have my doubts.

We are another season like this away from hitting that Liverpool spiral in full force.

Member 5225

Never warmed to Chris Smalling - not a great defender, poor and nervy on the ball (not sure why the hype), decent in the air I suppose but always feel he has a brain-lapse not too far away everytime he's near a ball.
Not good enough for United (esp at this age now) IMHO.

John Blund

Pogbas average performance isn't even close to justify his pricetag. He shows glimpses of class, but so did Joe Cole.

zeekey

A couple of unpopular opinions for me here.

I'd rather take my chances and stick a wheelie bin in goal than play Romero. Not sure why people trust him so much. I feel very nervous whenever there's a back pass.

Rojo is just as unreliable as he was a few months ago. I reckon we've got quite lucky in Jones coming back to cover his arse. With Smalling having gone back to being his old self, namely that class or two below Rio and Jones being a decent sprint from a hamstring tear, centre half is a position we need to strengthen drastically in the summer.

NoLookPasser

I feel the general perception amongst United fans that United play good football this season is a reflection of the fallen standards due to the previous three seasons. We indeed play better than any of the post-Fergie seasons but the football seems laboured and predictable more often than not to me.

I just came across a full match video from the 2006-07 season. We created more chances in the first 15 minutes in this particular match than we created in the entire 90 minutes against Hull on Wednesday. 1-2 touch football with quick passing, lots of movement off-the ball from the attacking players, constant overlapping from the full backs, overloading the box for crosses and every player is on the same wavelength with others in this video which is a huge level above the stuff we play this season.

CM

Going 3 at the back and signing a ball playing defender may be a better alternative to looking for a direct Michael Carrick replacement

Will Singh

Martial is our most important player and we should give him what he wants including the #9 shirt and tell Zlaten to do as your told or do one!

BringNaniBack

I feel the general perception amongst United fans that United play good football this season is a reflection of the fallen standards due to the previous three seasons. We indeed play better than any of the post-Fergie seasons but the football seems laboured and predictable more often than not to me.

I just came across a full match video from the 2006-07 season. We created more chances in the first 15 minutes in this particular match than we created in the entire 90 minutes against Hull on Wednesday. 1-2 touch football with quick passing, lots of movement off-the ball from the attacking players, constant overlapping from the full backs, overloading the box for crosses and every player is on the same wavelength with others in this video which is a huge level above the stuff we play this season.
We were so direct back then. It looked so simple but somehow it worked.

Polite Poster

Supports
Manchester City
Wow !

This is the best thread on the Caf. There are more interesting posts in this thread than the rest of the Caf added together.

BringNaniBack

Wow !

This is the best thread on the Caf. There are more interesting posts in this thread than the rest of the Caf added together.
Because everyone is actually honest rather than holding back their true feelings anger and hate :lol:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Going 3 at the back and signing a ball playing defender may be a better alternative to looking for a direct Michael Carrick replacement
De Gea
Bailly Pogba Rojo
Valencia Herrera Fellaini Darmian
Mkhi Ibra Martial

Fingeredmouse

I think this is partly true, but we were very good back the and were, soon, to become the best English side for nigh on 30 years.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
If Klopp or Conte had United's current squad to work with, they would be on top of the league. Mourinho is almost certainly not the best manager in the world anymore.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Exactly, those players weren't magiciens. They just knew where there team mates are and where they would move, than you can move the ball around quickly and open up a defence.

TheBiggest

Mourinho came into United with a long-term plan. The whole poking of Martial is to test his long-term resolve. We will win more league titles than any other club over the next 10-years because we will be the only ones who stick by our manager.

The fact that we are 6th so far this season doesn't bother me one bit. We are clearly progressing massively over the past few years and will only get better.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Never warmed to Chris Smalling - not a great defender, poor and nervy on the ball (not sure why the hype), decent in the air I suppose but always feel he has a brain-lapse not too far away everytime he's near a ball.
Not good enough for United (esp at this age now) IMHO.
If this is unpopular, caf needs a reality check

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
TBF he was very good last season, whatever you may think the reason. Seems like it was just a decent defender going through a purple patch though.
He's pretty much average. He looked good last season because of the playing style.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mourinho came into United with a long-term plan. The whole poking of Martial is to test his long-term resolve. We will win more league titles than any other club over the next 10-years because we will be the only ones who stick by our manager.

The fact that we are 6th so far this season doesn't bother me one bit. We are clearly progressing massively over the past few years and will only get better.
I think the same buddy although I think it would not even have to be long term as we will be challenging or win leagues in the next couple of seasons. The improvements are immense although he needs time to replace players that clearly are not up to it and other ones who are doing a job but eventually will be upgraded.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Zaha and Barkley would be stars under Fergie.

Rooney and Ronaldo were both very petulant and inconsistent as youngsters and were given slack because they were so good. Martial should get said slack because of his immense talent.

By slack I mean consistent playing time.

Bwuk

I think Andy Robertson would be worth a look at in the summer as a left back option. Always impresses me when I see Hull.

Harry Maguire at Hull is another, if Hull go down he will definately stay in the premier league. He has looked great whenever I see him.

An Irish Red

I think Rashford is grossly overrated and I seriously doubt that he'll end up a world class player. I don't think he's any more talented than Welbeck was.

Additionally, I rate Zlatan and all but I can't help but think the situation is similar to the one with van Nistelrooy. Great player but a Saha would suit us better sort of thing.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
Zaha and Barkley would be stars under Fergie.

Rooney and Ronaldo were both very petulant and inconsistent as youngsters and were given slack because they were so good. Martial should get said slack because of his immense talent.

By slack I mean consistent playing time.
This isn't an unpopular opinion, it's a wrong opinion. Zaha when younger wasn't anywhere near as good as Rooney or Ronaldo at the same age. You've basically compared two of the brightest young talents in world football in the last 15 years and compared them to Zaha? Sure he could've been a little bit better than he is now but he wouldn't have been a 'star' at all. And nowhere near the level of Rooney or Ronaldo.

NK86

If Klopp or Conte had United's current squad to work with, they would be on top of the league. Mourinho is almost certainly not the best manager in the world anymore.
If Conte or Klopp had to contend with Europe as well then they would be struggling (in case of Liverpool even more because of their style of play).

Conte has done well but Hazard is having a amazing season and an injury to him could still massively derail Chelsea's season. Conte has not had his team playing great football but his defensive set up is brilliant with Hazard, Costa and to a certain extent Pedro have come up with moments of brilliance quite regularly to prop up Chelsea to the top.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
This isn't an unpopular opinion, it's a wrong opinion. Zaha when younger wasn't anywhere near as good as Rooney or Ronaldo at the same age. You've basically compared two of the brightest young talents in world football in the last 15 years and compared them to Zaha? Sure he could've been a little bit better than he is now but he wouldn't have been a 'star' at all. And nowhere near the level of Rooney or Ronaldo.
I didn't mean to compare them to Rooney and Ronaldo. Two separate points and I stand by both.

United Pro

Mourinho is getting it tactically wrong again in not playing Martial out wide as he's easily our best LW (especially against teams that park the bus and make it packed centrally). He made the same mistake for a period near the start of the season and it's again costing us valuable points.

Jig1234

Ibrahimovic is not good enough he needs dropped him for Rashford to get pace up front to hopefully increase teams goals.

Pogba/Herrera/Carrick are actually trash combination.

Fellaini has played better 90min matches than a lot of them.

We play Better without Ibra/Pogba

Frank Grimes

All this talk of the importance of bringing through youth is a load of crap. Don't remember anyone complaining when we reached 3 European finals in 4 seasons that we didn't have any youngsters breaking through though. (rooney and ronaldo were both signings remember)

Status
Not open for further replies.