The Unpopular Opinion thread. Post yours here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Rooney should be sold to the Chinese for as much as we can. He's achieved all he came for, he sold his soul when he threatened to joined City and he doesn't try anymore.

MrSingh2002

Pogbas actually massively overrated and isn't improving anywhere near as much as he should be.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think this is unpopular enough. Have been thinking about this for a while, I think we should do better than Herrera. He's not so technical, his passing and vision are so so, skill passable, shooting is even worse. He's not a great tackler. When he foul people, he make it so obvious; compared to many genuine destroyer/B2B type who can do it 'clean'.
Maybe this isn't belong to this thread.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Pogba and Griezmann on the same team will not work unless United sacrifice wingers.

Jaybomb

I'm not convinced Mkhitaryan is what we need. Hes a tidy player but he was never someone I'd have down as a "United" player. Griezmann and Bale? Yeah.

But I can't say I ever looked at him at Dortmund and said "You know what, he would be a great signing for us."

Also the likes of Martial, Herrera and Shaw are vastly overrated on this forum. Solid players but wouldn't be missed if we sold them cause theres always the gaurantee we could get someone better. And in my opinion, we can do better than Shaw and Herrera who are David Moyes indentified players.

Tarrou

Rooney should be sold to the Chinese for as much as we can. He's achieved all he came for, he sold his soul when he threatened to joined City and he doesn't try anymore.
Unpopular!? The mass circle jerking on the Caf should that transpire would be down-right apocalyptic.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Other than purchasing good players, for the moment Mourinho brought nothing to the club.

Josep Dowling

Pogba is an above average midfielder who's value was made up on his marketing ability rather than what he does on the pitch. There has not been a single game this season where he has bossed the midfield.

No profanity

Other than purchasing good players, for the moment Mourinho brought nothing to the club.
It's ridiculous! We pay him all that money and he hasn't got a goal or assist to his name! Pass completion is pretty rubbish as well!

JPRouve

Scout
It's ridiculous! We pay him all that money and he hasn't got a goal or assist to his name! Pass completion is pretty rubbish as well!
You tried to make a clever point?

We have better player but aren't better collectively and that's the job of the manager while I enjoy some moments because we have good players, it's baffling to see the lack of consistency that we show. Now I'm not particularly worried, things can change quickly.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We've been as bad as we've ever been (post Fergie) since the Liverpool game.
Weve gone back to LVG hoofball and Moyes cross cross cross because our attacking play has been blunt and devoid of clear ideas.
Pogba has been almost invisible since Liverpool and his and the clubs social media love in and the shitty dancing with lingaard is totally cringe and it's hard to take when we are playing awful football. Lads ye are paid a fortune you should be embarrassed at the last few performances. If the highest paid squad in the league can't finish top four that's pretty brutal.
It's not a coincidence all these average keepers are having the game of their lives against us at OT, our finishing and chance creation is just brutal again at the minute.

gajender

Marcus Rashford is decent attacking prospect but even if he develops properly and reaches his highest ceiling as a player he still won't be good enough to lead the line for United if we Intend to regularly compete for major trophies.

So it's prudent to either invest in another striker or groom Martial for that role despite his horror show last time he was used as a striker.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Marcus Rashford is decent attacking prospect but even if he develops properly and reaches his highest ceiling as a player he still won't be good enough to lead the line for United if we Intend to regularly compete for major trophies.

So it's prudent to either invest in another striker or groom Martial for that role despite his horror show last time he was used as a striker.
Thats not an unpopular opinion.... is it?

gajender

Thats not an unpopular opinion.... is it?
Actually I think it is we have several posters who think he would do better than Zlatan even now some didn't even want a new striker last summer because it would have impeded his development. He has got two redeeming features he is quick and can finish otherwise he is fairly limited his overall game is not well rounded his touch is patchy at best his hold play leaves lot be desired. Most of supporters seem to excusing his poor form due to him playing as winger but I don't think he would fare much better as a striker either if he starts regularly but might get few goals here and there.

No profanity

You tried to make a clever point?

We have better player but aren't better collectively and that's the job of the manager while I enjoy some moments because we have good players, it's baffling to see the lack of consistency that we show. Now I'm not particularly worried, things can change quickly.
I guess my point is if Rashford or Mata converted those chances last night then this whole place is completely different. The players on the pitch that are paid a vast amount of money failed to do there job and there's 15 new threads and numerous posts slating Mourinho. I also disagree that we don't play better collectively, there has been a few matches this year where the whole team has clicked and played better then any game i can remember post Fergie. However I do agree its inconsistent which is frustrating!

JPRouve

Scout
I guess my point is if Rashford or Mata converted those chances last night then this whole place is completely different. The players on the pitch that are paid a vast amount of money failed to do there job and there's 15 new threads and numerous posts slating Mourinho. I also disagree that we don't play better collectively, there has been a few matches this year where the whole team has clicked and played better then any game i can remember post Fergie. However I do agree its inconsistent which is frustrating!
And my point is that we are not good collectively and the fans cling on ifs and buts. Our hope is always based on an individual moment of genius from one of our player.

No profanity

And my point is that we are not good collectively and the fans cling on ifs and buts. Our hope is always based on an individual moment of genius from one of our player.
A premier league player like Juan Mata scoring a goal he should and probably would score 9 times out of 10 is not an individual moment of genius.

Zoo

Martial would be a regular starter if Raiola was his agent.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
There is absolutely nothing that - as a player - makes Herrera any different from Henderson. Both have a good engine but limited technical abilities. Neither are good enough in midfield for a team that strives to be the best, although they probably are good enough if you just want top 4.

Well actually scratch that. At least Henderson can shoot.

JPRouve

Scout
A premier league player like Juan Mata scoring a goal he should and probably would score 9 times out of 10 is not an individual moment of genius.
We are going to go in cycle here. We are still not better collectively, we improved the roster drastically and benefit from it while our collective level is at the same level if not worse. You can continue to mention individual performances but we are still not good collectively.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Herrera is poor. Would be one of the first out the door if I was manager.

unimaginative_name

Man City now probably has their front 3/4 set for years as Pep is giving all 4 young supremely gifted forwards lots of chances to show their class, he is giving them lots of encouragement. Exactly the opposite is happening at United. Mourinho is kicking Martial out while playing Rashford on the wing, misusing two excellent talents who can match Man City's ones.

Overall, since 2009, after SAF called Man City "the noisy neighbors", City have been going forward and we backwards. If Pep can get time to set his philosophy on the club, we may well see a long period of domination by City and years of obscurity at our club. Signing Mr. Mourinho was the defining moment that ensured we are heading the opposite way to City. He was the worst manager a club could sign when they need to get their rocking ship steady.

Plainly speaking, it's heartbreaking.

Last edited:

mark_a

Pogbas actually massively overrated and isn't improving anywhere near as much as he should be.
This. He looks lost, lazy, nonchalent.

For all the social-media arseing about, he's rapidly using up patience. Can you believe he "unveiled" new goal celebrations with Lingard? You what? The time to do that is when you score you pr*ck. I hope Jose has torn him a new one for that. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Or do we live in an era where people are more entertained by someone messing about on instagram than scoring a goal?

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There is absolutely nothing that - as a player - makes Herrera any different from Henderson. Both have a good engine but limited technical abilities. Neither are good enough in midfield for a team that strives to be the best, although they probably are good enough if you just want top 4.

Well actually scratch that. At least Henderson can shoot.
Henderson's shooting is below par in my opinion. I think Hererra's role in your midfield is closer to what Can/Wijnaldum does for us than what Henderson does, which is closer to Carrick's role.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
That's a dream scenario not an unpopular opinion.

predator

Youth NITK
Mourinho will drive away Martial from United and we will end up regretting that for the following decade as he will become one of the best players in the world.

Mourinho will not win a single title at United and his title with Chelsea will end up to be the last major title in his career.

United will be waiting longer than Arsenal for its next PL title but not as long as Liverpool.

We will develop into a team where it is considered a successful season if we can top 4 and CL footy but there will be no titel expections anymore. In the next 20 years we will not be mentioned in the same vein anymore as clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona Bayern Munchen or Juventus but more with clubs like Tottenham and Ac.Milan.
Possibly the best post I've ever seen. It had me laughing out loud pal :lol:

I was expecting the last point to say the world will slowly descend into a thermonuclear cold war and man will be wiped out within the next 30 years.

Best part is, your points aren't as far fetched as they seem :lol:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Pogba being better in a 3 man-midfield is a myth.

He's had some very good games in a 3-man midfield and equally some very bad. Same applies for 2-man. We need to look for the right player to partner him in midfield and I'm sure he'll come good. He definitely has the quality to become one of the greatest midfielders.

MS4

I think Ibra isnt good enough regardless his statistics. We would not struggle to get/be in top4 if we hadnt drawn so much.

Yes, it seems like he saved our ass sometimes but only because he did not score earlier or more.

valencia-jones-rojo-shaw
miki-herrera-carrick-pogba
.........ibra---martial........

Ibra alone is either too slow or offside.

Last edited:

Drz

Rashford is shite on the wing like totally worthless out there.
I atleast believe Martial is by far the best candidate for the left wing spot. Rashford is a striker. Mhiki and Mata are 10s that can do a job on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.