Television The Wire

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Finally did start my second watch of this the other week after that top 100 shows since 2000 came out and the missus insisted she needed to see it. It's still great and poor Wallace still hits you right in the feels.

Will start season 2 tonight. Let's see how that change of scenery shakes things up. She'll be expecting more Baltimore action so I'm expecting a "wtf is this?" reaction. :lol:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Finally did start my second watch of this the other week after that top 100 shows since 2000 came out and the missus insisted she needed to see it. It's still great and poor Wallace still hits you right in the feels.

Will start season 2 tonight. Let's see how that change of scenery shakes things up. She'll be expecting more Baltimore action so I'm expecting a "wtf is this?" reaction. :lol:
We all know season 2 is a deal-breaker for the evaluation of others, but give her the benefit of the doubt with a rewatch before the divorce.

lsd

The Oracle

And that will be when Ziggy appears

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I am up to season 1 episode 7. I don’t know why I never got around to watching this show when it came out. I guess I was so wrapped up in the Sopranos and my kids and 20 yrs ago you tended to only watch a few shows at a time. Anyway started watching this week and it is getting better with each episode. I thought it was slightly outdated when I put on episode 1 but I just think it’s the cinematography at the time. Easy fix was turning my motion back on high def that gets annoying with new shows but make older shows look up to date. It’s like Christmas having this show to watch all the episodes.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

I don't know a single person who liked S2 on the first viewing.

laughtersassassin

I hated the shift at first for season 2.

But about half way through I loved it and by the end thought it was undoubtedly better than season 1.

Ended up being my favourite season

cafecillos

Season 2 was fantastic and, although it took me a couple of episodes to accept they'd decided to break away from almost everything and everyone in season 1, I loved it on first viewing too.

Dan_F

Not a massive fan of season 2, but it’s not bad by any stretch. Season 3 is undoubtably the best.

I’ll spoiler for the people still watching, don’t open if you haven’t watched beyond season 2.

The episode with Stringer at the end is probably one of the best single episodes of all time. On second viewing a few weeks ago I was just glued to it, even though I knew where it was leading.

Eriku

Season 2 switch to the docks was disappointing, but that went away. S2 definitely needed a rewatch for me to appreciate it, but it was still the season that made me realize the show’s greatness. The moment that did it for me was
when the spiked package hit the prison, after Avon told D to lay off the drugs

First time the show truly clicked for me.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
It's definitely pretty jarring although I was ready for it on second viewing. The missus felt it was harder to get into just from that first episode as well.

Not a massive fan of season 2, but it’s not bad by any stretch. Season 3 is undoubtably the best.

I’ll spoiler for the people still watching, don’t open if you haven’t watched beyond season 2.

The episode with Stringer at the end is probably one of the best single episodes of all time. On second viewing a few weeks ago I was just glued to it, even though I knew where it was leading.
Yeah really looking forward to this one. I think I also enjoyed 3 the most originally.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Total fecker. Really dislikeable, which I imagine is what they were going for (and totally nailed)

I've got the last season to watch yet. Need to get on that.
Yeah just started it last night. These newsroom people are the worst thing in the series.

Season 4 is so good. Forgot how funny Snoop is (when you can understand what she's saying) .... "Damn, you aint even wait to get the motherfecker in the house" .... :lol: such a dark scene and yet made me chuckle.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
These newsroom people are the worst thing in the series
I appreciate that storyline more and more these days, I’d say it’s aged quite well. Scott is probably the easiest character to despise in the entire show.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Season 4 for me, would probably rate it as the best season of any TV show out there. Flawless as far as I recall, though I'm due a rewatch.

Gazza

I've made peace with season 5 and it does have re-watchability, partly because of the ridiculous premise and the unlikeable characters. What is still jarring is McNulty losing all sense of reality so quickly and also Dominic West seemed to have problems maintaining his Bawlmer accent in this season, at least to my ears.