Gaming The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Finished it. All the expansions and everything on the map. Think I got the bad ending to Blood & Wine but still really enjoyed it. Such a good example of well done DLC. Overall such a brilliant game.
Is that your first time finishing it? I remember you playing it when it first came out and you got that game breaking bug. Took you long enough.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Is that your first time finishing it? I remember you playing it when it first came out and you got that game breaking bug. Took you long enough.
Although ive finished the game several times the complete edition comes with a bug that makes unable to trigger the final quest in the main story. Pisses me off that updates includes this shit after 7 years.

Irwin99

Finished it. All the expansions and everything on the map. Think I got the bad ending to Blood & Wine but still really enjoyed it. Such a good example of well done DLC. Overall such a brilliant game.
What ending did you get and who did you have waiting for Geralt at the end?

AaronRedDevil

Im starting this game again. Never played the PS5 upgrade version. excited to play it after such a long time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Played it originally in 2015 and I had to stop at the Imlerith fight I think because I moved to Australia. Finally completed it 8 years later :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What ending did you get and who did you have waiting for Geralt at the end?
I went into the storybook, killed Dettlaff, Syanna survived because of the ribbon but then stabbed her naive sister so they both died. Yen was waiting at the vineyard. I took off my swords and armour, put them on the walls and gave up the Witcher life.

Irwin99

I went into the storybook, killed Dettlaff, Syanna survived because of the ribbon but then stabbed her naive sister so they both died. Yen was waiting at the vineyard. I took off my swords and armour, put them on the walls and gave up the Witcher life.
That's probably a middle ending, i guess you could call it pretty bad but it's not the worse thing that can happen to Geralt.

If you pick the option to meet the head higher vampire I don't think you can go into the storybook but you get to meet the big guy himself and he is terrifying. I think that also sets you on the path to the worst ending

saik

:eek: Getting your moneys worth there dude!
Oh, I think I need to clarify, I finished everything apart from than the expansions. So, main story along with the side quests and all the contracts are done.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
A small thing that I really love about this game is the narrated intro that gives a summary of the tale and progress so far.

Immediately places you back in the game. Fantastic detail that is, something I’ve never seen in a game before.

Jacob

Is the PS5 upgraded version good enough to justify a third playthrough?

Irwin99

How's so? Is there anything else beyond improved graphics?
Well there are little things like a pretty good new side quest, the witcher armor from the TV show, some other new armor and MUCH reduced fall damage which cut your game overs significantly. Other than that, i guess you are just playing an even prettier Witcher 3, but it still is the optimal experience of the game and I certainly had fun playing it again for a third playthrough.

Volumiza

In a way, I’m glad I’ve never played this properly, means I can hit everything fresh on the best version of the game. It does look gorgeous post update. Takes it steady getting going but I’ve suddenly got so many quests in my ‘to do’ list.

Getting more used to the combat too.

Got nowt planned for today other than watching the match and playing this, living the dream!

Is it normal to become really fond of Roach?:)

Bobade

In a way, I’m glad I’ve never played this properly, means I can hit everything fresh on the best version of the game. It does look gorgeous post update. Takes it steady getting going but I’ve suddenly got so many quests in my ‘to do’ list.

Getting more used to the combat too.

Got nowt planned for today other than watching the match and playing this, living the dream!

Is it normal to become really fond of Roach?:)
I would say no. The little shit can't jump, nor can he come up against any kind of tiny fence or piece of difficult terrain without neighing and getting stuck for 30 seconds. His redeeming quality is always being there for you.

I am fully on the train on this game now. It is a bit of a slow starter but its absolutely fantastic once you're into the world. I've made it to Skellige and returned back to Novigrad to complete some more side quests. I think it's one of the most well done and immersive cities I've seen on a game , I love the place.

Combat does get better as you go through the game as well, and come up against some more difficult enemies, groups etc. Timing becomes more of a thing, and I've become a fan of signing, after not bothering with it much early on.

Volumiza

I would say no. The little shit can't jump, nor can he come up against any kind of tiny fence or piece of difficult terrain without neighing and getting stuck for 30 seconds. His redeeming quality is always being there for you.

I am fully on the train on this game now. It is a bit of a slow starter but its absolutely fantastic once you're into the world. I've made it to Skellige and returned back to Novigrad to complete some more side quests. I think it's one of the most well done and immersive cities I've seen on a game , I love the place.

Combat does get better as you go through the game as well, and come up against some more difficult enemies, groups etc. Timing becomes more of a thing, and I've become a fan of signing, after not bothering with it much early on.
Being there for me is enough :) I just like the way he trots out of the undergrowth towards you, like my dog coming for a nuzzle.

Same as you, I’m invested now, had 3 failed attempts at playing prior but it’s got me now.

Meller

Moved in with the girlfriend recently which led to me having my own gaming room! But my TV was better (waaaaay better) so ended up in the living room, leaving me with an old piece of crap to game on and I can't afford a new one right now. Has put me orf gaming except FIFA which is sad since it mostly annoys me.

Have GoT to finish, sadly on my crap TV but I just can't stand only playing FIFA. After that I'm thinking that I should do another playthrough of this, as I've only played it once and loved it. Should I be able to download the PS5 version if I bought the game way back (digital) or do I have to buy it again?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Roach also likes to spawn in the stupidest places possible. You call her near a road and she’ll pop up stuck in a gated field.

Volumiza

Roach also likes to spawn in the stupidest places possible. You call her near a road and she’ll pop up stuck in a gated field.
Is Roach a she? Have I been misgendering? Dangerous game currently.

Edit: tbh, Roach does seem to get into a self induced pickle quite often. Quite endearing really.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is Roach a she? Have I been misgendering? Dangerous game currently.

Edit: tbh, Roach does seem to get into a self induced pickle quite often. Quite endearing really.
I think he calls all his horses Roach. At least from what I could tell my Geralt was referring to her as a she.

saik

I’ll have a closer listen.

On a side note, I’m sure I saw some rabbits shagging. Certain I didn’t imagine it:)
Just a bit of 'foreshadowing', if you'd call it that. :lol:

It appears you haven't even got to Novigrad yet. Man I love that place. As someone above said, it's one of the most well done cities in a game. Just love roaming around in that city.

Meller

Started this today after completing GoT and damn the gameplay feels clunky. The world is great though and it's so much fun to explore. Is there any point in lingering in the first area or should I just rush through it? Been a while since I played it.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Started this today after completing GoT and damn the gameplay feels clunky. The world is great though and it's so much fun to explore. Is there any point in lingering in the first area or should I just rush through it? Been a while since I played it.
GoT?

Anyway i think there is 1 sidequest that fails when you leave white orchard, but its no biggie. Game is full of great sidequests.

saik

Depends on the difficulty you are playing on I guess. If you are playing on any hard difficulty, its a good idea to get all the places of power in that area. On normal or easy difficulties it really doesn't matter at all.

And as the other person said, a couple of side quests might fail but no biggie.

kidbob

Finished this on the second hardest difficulty before but never did the DLC. Just taken the week off work and my partner and child are away for the week so going to finish all of it on Deathmarch. I can't wait. Such an amazing game. The combat and gameplay is a bit clunky but my god the World is amazing. Can't wait for the DLC. Gwent is the best in game thing ever!

Meller

GoT?

Anyway i think there is 1 sidequest that fails when you leave white orchard, but its no biggie. Game is full of great sidequests.
Alright doesn't sound like I have to linger for too long then.
Think it's Ghost of Tsushima.
Correct.
Depends on the difficulty you are playing on I guess. If you are playing on any hard difficulty, its a good idea to get all the places of power in that area. On normal or easy difficulties it really doesn't matter at all.

And as the other person said, a couple of side quests might fail but no biggie.
Playing on normal difficulty so I guess I should try and get out of there as soon as possible then!

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
The gameplay is mediocre at best (terrible generally) and almost every aspect is broken. If I've said it before, I'll say it again (especially after the mess that is Cyberpunk, and no that's not just the "bugs") CD projekt red are almost Rockstar levels of inept when it comes to bad game design but sticking to their guns and never learning.

But the world, the story, the atmosphere...It's one of those unique games that will click with you at some point and you'll love the experience by the end.

saik

The gameplay is mediocre at best (terrible generally) and almost every aspect is broken. If I've said it before, I'll say it again (especially after the mess that is Cyberpunk, and no that's not just the "bugs") CD projekt red are almost Rockstar levels of inept when it comes to bad game design but sticking to their guns and never learning.

But the world, the story, the atmosphere...It's one of those unique games that will click with you at some point and you'll love the experience by the end.
And Gwent. At some point in the game, I did nothing but find and play with merchants to collect all the cards. :lol:

Bobade

And Gwent. At some point in the game, I did nothing but find and play with merchants to collect all the cards. :lol:
This is another thing. Initially I thought Gwent was rubbish, and couldn't actually work out how to play it (I now know it is pretty simple...) . Now I'm seeking out people to play with when I have important quests to be dealing with.

Meller

Agree with this (haven't played Cyperpunk). GoT in comparison has such slick gameplay. The Witcher however is on a whole different level when it comes to side quests, story (GoT had a great main story to be fair) and just exploring the world. Can't wait to get home today and continue playing and I still haven't left White Orchard!