Gaming The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Been at this non stop for a few weeks now. Not been racing through the story, been clearing witcher contracts and side quests, exploring all the question marks and treasure hunts. Not even had one single game of gwent past the tutorial and now collecting the cards for when the story has finished.

I know I’m dead late to the party but this has now crept past Skyrim / OG Doom and turned into my favourite ever game, it’s just so good. Been crazily busy and stressed at work lately but this has been escapism at its very best.

I pity the next game I play.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Finished the PS5 main game, it's truly great stuff really isn't it? One of the best games ever, and in my opinion the best and most "real" feeling game world ever produced. The City of Novigrad alone is brilliant, run around those streets for hours .

this play through I ended up doing the Radovid assassination quest which I never did last time, plus I got the Ciri as Empress ending, which I feel actually might be the best ending in the game? (had Witcher one last time)

Also Romanced Yen this time which again, from what I remember if my first part through, does feel like the "right /most authentic" romance... Feel like you got a lot more scenes with them as a result.

Now... To Toussaint!!

Siorac

Finished the PS5 main game, it's truly great stuff really isn't it? One of the best games ever, and in my opinion the best and most "real" feeling game world ever produced. The City of Novigrad alone is brilliant, run around those streets for hours .

this play through I ended up doing the Radovid assassination quest which I never did last time, plus I got the Ciri as Empress ending, which I feel actually might be the best ending in the game? (had Witcher one last time)
Whether the Empress ending or the Witcher ending is the best depends on how you view Ciri as a character and how do you feel about law & order vs independence and sovereignty.

I you might say a strong unified Nilfgaard under a worthy ruler is capable of unifying the continent and bringing peace to the lives of ordinary people - if they mercilessly stomp out all independence movements such as Roche's.

It could be argued that Ciri has grown into a conscientious, responsible woman who wants to help as many people as possible with the powers she has - and what better way to do that than as the Empress of the most powerful empire? She might feel it's her duty, her mission in life. On the other hand, you could also argue that a carefree life as a Witcher would make her truly happy.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Whether the Empress ending or the Witcher ending is the best depends on how you view Ciri as a character and how do you feel about law & order vs independence and sovereignty.

I you might say a strong unified Nilfgaard under a worthy ruler is capable of unifying the continent and bringing peace to the lives of ordinary people - if they mercilessly stomp out all independence movements such as Roche's.

It could be argued that Ciri has grown into a conscientious, responsible woman who wants to help as many people as possible with the powers she has - and what better way to do that than as the Empress of the most powerful empire? She might feel it's her duty, her mission in life. On the other hand, you could also argue that a carefree life as a Witcher would make her truly happy.
Think she can be a good/just/compassionate ruler and probably won't be hell bent on war/can sort a truce with Skellige... Also, she just feels too important to be trapsing after Jenny O Woods in Bumblefeck Square

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Coming towards the end of my 4th play through of the main game. Feels lovely on the PS5. Looking forward to the DLCs as I’ve only played them once.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Is Blood and Wine the greatest DLC of all time? Surely it must be... I mean they could easily have sold the feckin' thing as a stand alone game.

AaronRedDevil

Cant believe they both cost €15 at the time. I wouldn't even complain if it was 40. They are both brilliant but Toussant was a great place to explore.

amolbhatia50k

Is Blood and Wine the greatest DLC of all time? Surely it must be... I mean they could easily have sold the feckin' thing as a stand alone game.
Definitely. And Gwent the best ‘activity’ of all time.

I’m on my 4th playthrough and it’s still a mesmeric experience, even more so at 60fps etc I’ve always loved Gwent this but this time I went all in and build a top deck. Just finished the high stakes competition which was so good - if you have the cards it becomes really tight in the final stages. I’m currently playing HOS which is superb. B&W up next.

amolbhatia50k

On another note I’m loving the Netflix series armor (forgotten wolven)

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Thinking of starting a new playthrough. I never finished Blood and Wine (gave away my PS4 just as I started it).
Hearts of Stone was amazing for me. Hell, the entire game is amazing ffs.

saik

Thinking of starting a new playthrough. I never finished Blood and Wine (gave away my PS4 just as I started it).
Hearts of Stone was amazing for me. Hell, the entire game is amazing ffs.
Honestly you should. Blood and Wine is like a new game altogether. They could have even released it as a standalone game. That's how much content it had.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Definitely. And Gwent the best ‘activity’ of all time.

I’m on my 4th playthrough and it’s still a mesmeric experience, even more so at 60fps etc I’ve always loved Gwent this but this time I went all in and build a top deck. Just finished the high stakes competition which was so good - if you have the cards it becomes really tight in the final stages. I’m currently playing HOS which is superb. B&W up next.
One of my favourite things about Gwent is how much Geralt clearly feckin' LOVES Gwent. The way he asks some characters if they want to play in B&W is great.