Theme Music at Old Trafford Pre-Game

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
It was played when the players were in the tunnel just before the rocky them iirc. It was played long before they introduced rocky, so probably decided to drop rocky and go with this is the one to save clustering up the players walk out music too much.
Yeah you're right I think. Can't really remember.

One thing about This is the One is that it has a proper event vibe to it (and obviously it's the Roses). By no means shit like the OP says, still prefer Rocky theme though :lol:

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Yeah you're right I think. Can't really remember.

One thing about This is the One is that it has a proper event vibe to it (and obviously it's the Roses). By no means shit like the OP says, still prefer Rocky theme though :lol:
Didn't the rocky theme lead onto this is the one at one point ?

Zoo

They used to play the Stone Roses then Rocky once the teams started walking out. It was good that way and I don’t know why it was changed.

hp88

There’s actually another piece of music that is played after ‘This is the One’ as the players are lining up and shaking hands etc... not sure what it is called though.
It's this, played at every ground. Pretty sure this is what replaced the fanfare music.

Cheekiey

Nothing will top Rocky imo, gave a me buzz similar to how the Champions League theme tune does

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I think it's Stone Roses - This is the One.

How long until we change it? It's utter wank (Sorry to any fans). It doesn't stimulate anything, it's just weird to listen to as the players walk out.
Looks like you are on your own on this one :lol:

G Nev changed it to this when he became captain. He's so busy it's annoying! :lol:
Is that true? Never knew that - I remember he got Ian Brown to sing it live at his testimonial

I have a vague memory that we used to play 'Simply the best' at some point but I may have imagined that

Tapori

I'm sorry guys, but it must be said;
Chelsea have the most joyous and fun Stadium intro music of all time.

Though picturing this as the soundtrack to that Chelsea team's off-field shenanigans involving John Terry is probably a bridge too far

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Looks like you are on your own on this one :lol:

Is that true? Never knew that - I remember he got Ian Brown to sing it live at his testimonial

I have a vague memory that we used to play 'Simply the best' at some point but I may have imagined that
Yep, can't remember where I read or heard it but it's definitely true. You can tell as it's obviously the type of song Neville would go for.

stevoc

They should definitely bring back the Rocky tune when the players walk out.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Not much of a fan of the Stone Roses but that is a great song.

The Old Trafford entrance music should be the start of Come on you Reds.

The busby babes, they always make me cry,
Thinking about the teams of years gone by,
Charlton, Edwards, Law and Georgie Best,
We’re United, you can keep the rest.

Them lyrics are so befitting of the club and it’s history.

OLLY ORANGE

Quality song leave it alone.
If you are not sure what the song is I'd have a look at your self. May be seek some good music advice.
Please keep the Coldplay brigade away from the OT turntables.

Silverman

I'm sorry guys, but it must be said;
Chelsea have the most joyous and fun Stadium intro music of all time.

Though picturing this as the soundtrack to that Chelsea team's off-field shenanigans involving John Terry is probably a bridge too far
Everton use this too.
West Brom too. Not a bad song but I would prefer a song that no other club uses.

Silverman

Do we not walk out to the trumpets anymore? Not gonna lie, not a big fan of the Stone Roses song but I understand that it's a good idea due to it being related to Manchester. Also cannot stand GGMU. Too cheesy.

Acole9

Outstanding
Do we not walk out to the trumpets anymore? Not gonna lie, not a big fan of the Stone Roses song but I understand that it's a good idea due to it being related to Manchester. Also cannot stand GGMU. Too cheesy.
I've never liked that song, normally played when the half time whistle is blown, regardless of the score urgh.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The climax of that song from where Squire's guitar takes over always gave me goosebumps long before it was used at OT. It's also a reminder that The Stone Roses are better than Oasis, so it has that going for it.

Thecarrickfan_2016

I hate the Glory Glory Man United song that we play at the end of games, What's the point, I don't get it.

Coops73

I think it's Stone Roses - This is the One.

How long until we change it? It's utter wank (Sorry to any fans). It doesn't stimulate anything, it's just weird to listen to as the players walk out.
Are you Noel Gallagher?