Theo Walcott Out For World Cup

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Let's all feel sorry for the millionaire footballer with a bad leg eh.
It's not that he's injured, this happens all the time. It's that he's going to miss playing for his country at the world cup. Pretty big deal, I feel for him a tad i'll admit.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Do people on this forum still see Walcott as a speed merchant but nothing else? That's so 2007.
If that's directed at me, no I don't. My point was that the Walcott only eclipses Daniel in pace. I think Sturridge is the better player and comfortably when both are played in their correct positions.

Anyway, this is a big blow for England. It'll see us end up with Sturridge, Sterling, Townsend or Milner none of whom are better options on the right.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Do people on this forum still see Walcott as a speed merchant but nothing else? That's so 2007.
Putting it more harshly than I would but I don't see the rest of his game as strong enough for him to perform at the top level if he noticeably lost pace.

alastair

ignorant
If that's directed at me, no I don't. My point was that the Walcott only eclipses Daniel in pace. I think Sturridge is the better player and comfortably when both are played in their correct positions.

Anyway, this is a big blow for England. It'll see us end up with Sturridge, Sterling, Townsend or Milner none of whom are better options on the right.

It wasn't aimed principally at you, but I just feel he's under-rated massively.

The guy is one goal off being our top scorer since the start of 2012-13. He's been injured a lot in that time too. His movement is superb, his finishing is dynamite generally and he is so vital to our team because of his incision and speed.

He was at one stage in his career hopeless with the ball at his feet. No longer - one of the first names on the team sheet for currently the best team in England.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
The dreaded ACL rupture, every athlete's big fear. Tough break for the soon to be 25 year old, where pace has been his best asset. They're more routine these days and players seem to make a smoother recovery but there will still be fears about how stable that knee will be for him going forward. Wonder who Wenger will hunt for as a replacement as they surely can't expect to go for the title without a transfer

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It looked like a cruciate at the time but his banter with the fans suggested it wasn't that serious. How long have Arsenal ruled him out for?

alastair

ignorant
I will be absolutely apoplectic if we don't sign a forward player in this window now.

There is no reason whatsoever why we can't match Costa's release clause or go big on Draxler.

Brophs

The One and Only
His missus is having a kid, isn't she? Ready made excuse to sit on the couch and let her do everything. Crafty like a fox in the box.

Brophs

The One and Only
I will be absolutely apoplectic if we don't sign a forward player in this window now.

There is no reason whatsoever why we can't match Costa's release clause or go big on Draxler.
Draxler's not a forward, is he?

Brophs

The One and Only
Can play on the left and is vaguely an attacking midfielder who can fill a 'forward' position. Jesus, can't you see I'm panicking here?
Ashley Young sounds like what you're looking for.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
real blow for both Arsenal and England. Can't believe it's that bad, he certainly didn't look too concerned, and even the papers today reckoned 4 weeks.

Huge blow for Arsenal, as in a squad full of neat and tidy short passing midfielders, he's the real penetration in that squad.
Ridiculous timing too, with him, Giroud and even Bendtner out.

Looks like it's Theo-lite Townsend now for the right wing.

He's destined to have a real weird career isn't he, went to a world cup he shouldn't have, didn't go to one he should have, and now this. Quite sad.

Brophs

The One and Only
In my more mental moments, I'm thinking Ben Arfa's worth a shot. He'd probably book his train ticket himself.
And then he'd run aimlessly around the ticket for 15-20 seconds and then boot the ticket wildly out of the train station.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!

You got your Ozil you bastard. It's our turn for some sort of fancy named player!

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Don't care about the World cup but terrible news for us.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
reading back on the thread, can't believe people are acting like he deserves such a terrible injury just for a gentle joke with the scumbags screaming all manner of filth at him.
Either kids, probably 16/17 with no life experience, or just plain nasty bastads.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
It's kids. The amount of opinions based on twitter on here nowadays is mildly shocking.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's kids. The amount of opinions based on twitter on here nowadays is mildly shocking.

it's the pathetic double standards, where people can scream all manner of scumminess all game, yet react with fury if the player even looks at them. Pathetic bold behaviour in a mob, when they wouldn't dream of saying anything out on their own.

Skywarden

Isn't Costa under a third party agreement? You have to sort that out before a transfer is possible.

Also, tough luck. Injuries aren't fun and they can ruin crucial momentum going into the second half of the season.

Goooose

So because he reacted to a bunch of idiots ,he deserves 6 months out with a bad injury !!!
Fans give it out all the time, but when a footballer gives it back he is a twat, utter bollocks.

Feel sorry for the lad.

feckin hell. It was supposed to be a bit of a joke, but a few people have taken it way too seriously.