There’s a feeling of inevitability about Ole losing his job

Amir

There is another key problem, especially for system coaches like Poch. They need their signings early and not desperate signings last minute. Plus Spurs fans keep telling us that Poch has a very small transfer target list. He either wants his no 1 target or noone. We are famous for not delivering no 1 targets.

Anyway, I don’t want Poch, I don’t rate him that highly, but whoever the next manager is, even the best coaching and tactics won’t be making up for strange decisions at board level.
Despite what people want to believe as it makes it easier to clear the coaches of blame, Sancho does not represent our business in recent years. Pogba, Zlatan, Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Bailly, Lindelof, Matic, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Fernandez - We didn't do badly at all getting our managers players they wanted from 2016 onwards. Sure, not every window was a massive success and not every player they wanted was signed, but no one gets everyone they want.

I'm not a fan of our board, but our coaches have been failing because of themselves before anything else.

Amir

The two are symptoms of the same disease. The right coach wouldn't take the job because they know what would happen.
Oh, they fecking would. I've spent years seeing top clubs in europe treating coaches like garbage. Sacking them, making transfer decisions over they heads, etc. And there was a period I thought 'this club would never get any top coach any more'. Guess what, they did. Big coaches want to work for the biggest clubs, work with the best players, challenge for the biggest honours. And a top coach would believe he can get it right at United even if our set up isn't perfect. Other clubs have other issues as well.

He'sRaldo

Plus I get the feeling OGS isn’t really that hungry to be a successful manager. I think he’s just happy with having the status of being the manager of his childhood club (Molde) and the club he spent 90% of his career at (United)... otherwise he’d have put himself out there much earlier in his first Molde stint.
Similar to him as a player then? Comfortable with being a sub as opposed to first choice elsewhere?

mytui

i am not surprised ole get sack, because we can't see which dicrection manchester united heading to

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Is Pochettino that guy? He is certainly an upgrade on what we currently have so i'm not against it.
I've been Ole out Poch in from day 1. But you have to get rid of half our players to run a High Intensive Press, starting with DdG. There's no getting around it - it's a long term project. All at a time when Hip is just reaching saturation point. And will the Glazers even fund that project?

I just think that wishful thinking and fantasy football attitudes got us into this mess. It won't get us out.

Oh, they fecking would. I've spent years seeing top clubs in europe treating coaches like garbage. Sacking them, making transfer decisions over they heads, etc. And there was a period I thought 'this club would never get any top coach any more'. Guess what, they did. Big coaches want to work for the biggest clubs, work with the best players, challenge for the biggest honours. And a top coach would believe he can get it right at United even if our set up isn't perfect. Other clubs have other issues as well.
But they didn't. Klopp went to Liverpool. Pep went to City. We got LVG and Jose.

McTerminator

This is the thread we need to be using.

Ole is going to lose his job and it will be due to results on the pitch. He cannot keep the jobin the modern gamewith the results he is getting now it’s as simple as that.

However, let us not forget that we knew this would happen as soon as the transfer window closed.

We should have started with a real feel good factor and players like Sancho coming in to give the team a lift (as Bale just did for Tottenham when they needed it or as Partey did for Arsenal against us). Instead we kept players who needed to leave and in some cases very publicly upset our players with further ineptitude from Woodward and Judge (Romero). Even the players we did bring in as a last minute scramble are already being accused of disinterest... it is embarrassing.

When you have players like Luke Shaw (An important first team player whether you like it or not) coming out publicly airing frustration over the transfer business, you can see clearly that the ineptitude of Woodward filters down to the team and affects their mentality.

We all know Ole loves a feel good factor and thrives off of man management and momentum and Woodward is a constant drain on any optimism surrounding the club, especially during a transfer windo

Any coach will face an uphill struggle while Woodward is still here. Nothing will change and the United we love will continue to die.

Lastly, even if Ole left tomorrow He still leaves the club in a better position than when he came in. He took us from what was, in my opinion, our lowest point this millennium and turned things around. He reminded us of what Manchester United stands for in flashes (first time since Fergie and we will always have Paris), he has taken great strides to fixing the wage structure, clearly identified the dead wood in the squad (something his predecessors failed to do), undeniably improved the squad as a whole, and most importantly he has been one of us the whole way through. Ole bleeds the club and by being our manager he has proven beyond all doubt that our issues are not a lack of caring from our manager it’s a lack of caring from our owners.

We should all be grateful to Ole for all that he has done for United as it’s manager and stop the silly rhetoric of “I hate him as our manager”. Instead please remember where we were when he came in, what he has achieved since and ask yourself, who’s fault is it that Manchester United ended up having to turn to Ole in the first place? I mean seriously, why on earth is he even in this position!? One of our legends, one of our own

When Ole loses his job, we should all acknowledge the true challenges facing any manager who takes up the poison chalice and we should remember that the Glazers and Woodward are the true enemy.

TLDR; Glazers and Woodward are bad. Ole has done good work since coming in even though results dictate he has to go. Ole does not deserve to be in this position (Who’s fault is that!?) and fans need to support him even as he loses his job.

glazed

I'm really not buying this in the slightest. Our squad is young and full of legs.

You're going to name some outliers like Matic but he is a bit part player. You could argue Pogba will need to be moved on if he can't adapt to it. Everyone else I can't see the issue.
What about DdG? He'd be straight out the door.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’d say there’s an inevitability that he’s staying.

He’s complicit in the process, only an ex-player/club legend is still being backed at this point.

passing-wind

Similar to him as a player then? Comfortable with being a sub as opposed to first choice elsewhere?
It's a good point the prior poster has made. I've also questioned how hungry Ole is too, I don't want to rudely suggest he lacks the intellectual capacity to diversify himself as a manager but him falling short in regards to his own development has to be between those two places. There's also the possibility as is in most cases with managers and that's that some are just not suited to cultivating themselves / players to win.

I think the biggest drawback is that Solskjaer is not a bad manager in any way he's just not at the level of management we need to excel as a club and team.

Dominos

What about DdG? He'd be straight out the door.
Again I'm not buying that Poch is doomed to fail here because he's only got DDG and Henderson to choose from...

There's this thing called giving players instructions on how you want them to play, and coaching.

MacarisSocks

What a bizarre game to base that on. We dominated the game and missed chances, and that was actually against a good team. If we played like that every week we certainly wouldn't be in this mess. I can think of about 20 games that make me lose hope before that one.
I can't disagree, we've had plenty of more worthy dire performances but we all have our own tipping points. For me it was Ollys reluctance to switch things around when all our possession was not getting us back in the game. Rashford was a spent force and needed replacing earlier yet he was left on the pitch quite clearly labouring for too long. I guess there's many more games we've dominated possession but failed to turn it into goals but the Seville game was where i started to question Ollys long term prospects at United.

croadyman

I think the board will hold their nerve if we lose at Everton, but he will be gone if we lose to West Brom too.
I think it really depends on how the defeat comes about,if we get blown away Jose at Anfield style then could be gone in the international break

RkkMan

I've been Ole out Poch in from day 1. But you have to get rid of half our players to run a High Intensive Press, starting with DdG. There's no getting around it - it's a long term project. All at a time when Hip is just reaching saturation point. And will the Glazers even fund that project?

I just think that wishful thinking and fantasy football attitudes got us into this mess. It won't get us out.

But they didn't. Klopp went to Liverpool. Pep went to City. We got LVG and Jose.
We never actually tried to hire Pep/Klopp when they were available though if it was well documented we made approaches at the time they were free agents and they rejected us you`d have a point but your opinion is speculation.
As for whether our squad will fit a high press with Poch the only players in question who would struggle a bit with the system are Maguire(who would probably do better with a quicker CB next to him), AWB, Pogba(who will likely be sold) and Matic(who would probably be replaced with a new DM)
De Gea/Henderson will be regulars under Poch. The former is miles better than Lloris he can`t have a problem adapting to Poch ffs
Shaw worked under Poch at Saints and Telles is the type of attacking LB Poch likes
Bruno, Martial and VDB were players Poch wanted to sign at Spurs they`ll adapt
Rashford is more than quick enough to fit a high pressing game, Greenwood is too talented not to succeed under a progressive manager like Poch he`s at a much higher level at 19 than Kane was at 19 and Poch being a manager that gives chances to youth will give Diallo, Pellistri, Mejbri and co a go
Downplay our squad all you want but there are more good players than bad this time round compared to previous years. A solid CB and DM both of which are realistic in a window especially if Pogba is sold is enough to give Poch the right foundation to work with.

Castia

Gonna be this weekend isn’t it. Can’t see us beating Everton away.

International break as well gives the club time to get things sorted.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
What a bizarre game to base that on. We dominated the game and missed chances, and that was actually against a good team. If we played like that every week we certainly wouldn't be in this mess. I can think of about 20 games that make me lose hope before that one.

What is it you think we stumbled upon that works that we need to go back to?

The only team that seemed to get us a consistent run of results was those few games post lockdown
Matic Pogba
Greenwood Bruno Rashford
Martial

That stopped working by the end of last season whereby we were getting outplayed by West Ham and Southampton at Old Trafford.. It's also mostly what we went for at the start of this season against Palace Brighton Spurs and we were awful. I don't want to ever see a double pivot as slow and cumbersome as Pogba-Matic ever again.

The diamond worked against Leipzig (personally thought the performance for most of the game was overhyped but nvm), but didn't against Arsenal. The 532 worked against PSG but we can't really consider this a long term option considering we're not going to be the plucky underdogs in the majority of games.

For me I don't have a clue what works and that's actually more worrying. What I would say is he needs to pick a logical team and try stick with it to see if it develops rather than chopping and changing every time we have an underpar game.
That front four works for a start. Those are oour best foour attacking players by a mile and also all in positions they are comfortable in. Football is actually quite simple in terms of the basics. Play your best players in their best positions.

Instead we are now trying to force Pogba into the attacking set up because Ole has FINALLY realised he's a liability in central midfield. So instead of dropping him he drops or shifts around other people and tries to play Pogba in their position. Mata still keeps playing in the front three. He isn't a winger...we've been doing this for years now. Greenwood will get you 20 goals a season. You don't drop him for someone who'll get you 2 and can't even play in that position anyway.

He starts applying different standards to different players. Last season he was seen telling Lingard if he gives the ball away once more he's off, and then subbed him off. The other day he took Fred off for playing 2 bad passes in a row. Yet Pogba can give the ball away cheaply 60 times a game and the result is that someone else gets hooked out of the team or subbed off. The same weird logic seems to apply to Matic. McTominay does his job but better. Fred does his job but better. Yet literallly every other game Matic is back in there, not doing his job at all. Why? He's given other players the chop completely for less. How do our two top scorers and best players get taken off last night and yet Matic who was our worst player on the night gets moved into a position he can't play just to avoid taking him off?

Similarly he will stick by Maguire no matter what, but drops other people for single mistakes or just purely for being younger. Literally sticking with a player who is costing you games in preference to rewarding players who do well is never going to be a great management strategy.

There is actually no incentive at this point for any of our players to want to impress the manager or work harder, or do better, because there is no reward for doing so, and apparently no llevel of bad the person ahead of you can reach that will mean the manager gives you a fair chance.

It doesn't really matter what the tactics are if you can't get the basics right in terms of having standards and applying those same standards to all of the players.

Bestietom

Despite what people want to believe as it makes it easier to clear the coaches of blame, Sancho does not represent our business in recent years. Pogba, Zlatan, Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Bailly, Lindelof, Matic, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Fernandez - We didn't do badly at all getting our managers players they wanted from 2016 onwards. Sure, not every window was a massive success and not every player they wanted was signed, but no one gets everyone they want.

I'm not a fan of our board, but our coaches have been failing because of themselves before anything else.
I agree. If players are not performing it's down to the manager and coaches to bench them, no matter who it is. There should be no favourites when it comes to selection or subbing any player. Many times we see the wrong player being substituted. A manager has to have full control and show his authority.

Last edited:

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Question is: What are those problems?

My main problem with Woodward is appointing the wrong coaches, not what happens once they get the job.

Who knows, maybe he'll get one right.
And making bad decisions in transfer windows. Overpaying for average players, taking an age and losing out on decent targets Generally turning the club into a laughing stock.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The squad is incredibly bloated and a patchwork of a few good buys with no strategy amongst them, a few talented academy players, a whole load of deadwood and a handful of panic buys. If a manager were to be appointed tomorrow and took us to the title in 3-4 years, most of these lads won’t be there to see it.
Strongly disagree. This squad is a hell of lot better than you’re implying. Hence its gone on two extremely successful runs and picked up a bunch of notable scalps during those runs. What Ole has been unable to do is maintain that level, or make the tactical tweaks needed to deal with opponents who identify and target weaknesses in our approach. But it’s just not possible to get the results we did with a squad as crap as you imply.

Plus we can see with the performances of players that Ole got rid of at other clubs that “dead wood” isn’t always as dead as it seems under the right manager. You see it all the time when a top manager turns things round at a new club. Players the fans had decided were absolutely useless end up becoming key players in a successful squad. That’s what great managers do, they make footballers punch above their weight. Something that arguably isn’t happening with a single player in our squad.

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
I wasn't feeling it so much when the thread was started but certainly am now. Suppose I was still pleased about the run at the end of last season and in more of a "let's wait and see what the season brings" sort of perspective even though the Spurs match was the last one before this got made.

Saying that I've not been convinced by him for a long time, not since I voted 'sack' on our poll about a year ago. Never changed it, and going into this season I wasn't exactly thinking he was the man to lead us to long term glory or anything like that so he's always been treading water to an extent in my mind. But then most managers are if I think about it, that's the nature of the job. From day one the majority are on the path to being sacked 2 or 3 years later. It's a short term gig in general and I've come to accept that not everyone will be Fergie.

Still, like I said wasn't necessarily thinking he'd be out this season when the thread was started but what a difference a couple of weeks makes. Looking more that way now.

Bestietom

Strongly disagree. This squad is a hell of lot better than you’re implying. Hence its gone on two extremely successful runs and picked up a bunch of notable scalps during those runs. What Ole has been unable to do is maintain that level, or make the tactical tweaks needed to deal with opponents who identify and target weaknesses in our approach. But it’s just not possible to get the results we did with a squad as crap as you imply.

Plus we can see with the performances of players that Ole got rid of at other clubs that “dead wood” isn’t always as dead as it seems under the right manager. You see it all the time when a top manager turns things round at a new club. Players the fans had decided were absolutely useless end up becoming key players in a successful squad. That’s what great managers do, they make footballers punch above their weight.
I agree. The manager must show more aggression as well as the players. Losing 3 semi finals last year was not just down to players, it was down to selection and substitutions .Players that don't perform consistently should be benched for a while, and making the right substitutions at the right time, can change a game.

Amir

And making bad decisions in transfer windows. Overpaying for average players, taking an age and losing out on decent targets Generally turning the club into a laughing stock.
If our coaches want average players and the club backs them, it all comes back to appointing the wrong coaches. If bad decisions are made in transfer windows, it all comes back to appointing the wrong coaches.

Missing out on players happens. Taking an age to sign players happens. I'm not saying our trasnfers are perfect, but bottom line: It's far from being our biggest issue. And the right coach who'll target the right players and alternatives would improve that as weel.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s going to happen but will once again be too late to save the season. Woodward never learns we realise that every transfer window. He will then proceed to employ the wrong man again and then feck up the next transfer window again.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Plus we can see with the performances of players that Ole got rid of at other clubs that “dead wood” isn’t always as dead as it seems under the right manager. You see it all the time when a top manager turns things round at a new club. Players the fans had decided were absolutely useless end up becoming key players in a successful squad. That’s what great managers do, they make footballers punch above their weight. Something that arguably isn’t happening with a single player in our squad.
I'm not saying that Manchester United don't have a lot of objectively decent footballers. What I am saying is that the squad still looks an unjumbled mess with little obvious design behind it. It bears all the hallmarks of a club without a director of football who have gone in nine seasons from having an all powerful manager, who became both short termist in his signings and out of touch with the wider transfer market, to a further four different, permanent managers with no obvious areas of continuity between them.

I don't see United winning a title in the next three or four years without 80% of this squad being turned over. Liverpool had a lot of objectively decent footballers when Klopp first joined. City with Pep too. Elite managers generally take clubs from top half or European level to title challengers by making fundamental overhauls to squad and shaping them in their image and style of play.

I don't see any director of football and managerial partnership who would look at United's squad and think that it would only needs a couple of ins and outs, in order to make them consistent title challengers again. I'm not even sure we could agree on five certainties a successful manager might build around. Bruno, Maguire, AWB, Pogba, Fred, Martial and DDG all have different obvious flaws that would rule them out as cornerstones for certain managers. There's only really Rashford I would bet my house on every future potentially successful manager backing.

Green_Red

Whether Ole is good enough or not - I hope Woodward feels like he put himself inbetween a rock and a hard place when Ole gets sacked.

I hope the fans and ex players go crazy at what woodward had made a legend of the club go through.

It's the perfect time for the retaliation at Woodward and the Glazers. I reckon Woodward would keep eyes on whether the fans are allowed back to stadiums to decide when to sack Ole and hire the next manager like Pochettino to keep the glory hunter fans steady and happy before they get back in to the stadium.
I don't think we can rationally blame Woodward for what we're seeing on the pitch. We have sufficient players to be playing a better brand of football than we are.

Does that mean we just lay the blame directly at Ole? No, not 100%, but he is the manager, he owns the decision making process and if he is making incorrect decisions based on feedback from below par coaches or based on loyalties to particular players then he must be the one to suffer the consequences, which he arguably already is.

We simply can't break down teams that sit deep, and nearly every team will do it because we are a one dimensional counter attacking team. If you stop us from counter attacking, you stop us from scoring. Its a problem we've had since pre-Ole, he simply hasn't addressed it, we need either a new manager in that will or a new coach that understands how to because this is starting to make us look ridiculous. The value of our squad and we can't break teams down. Its madness.

I'm an Ole supporter and really don't want to see his tenure at the club end like this purely because of having watched the guys whole career for is. But this is looking inevitable. He needs to find some results fast or he will be gone before the start of December, he has to be.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm not saying that Manchester United don't have a lot of objectively decent footballers. What I am saying is that the squad still looks an unjumbled mess with little obvious design behind it. It bears all the hallmarks of a club without a director of football who have gone in nine seasons from having an all powerful manager, who became both short termist in his signings and out of touch with the wider transfer market, to a further four different, permanent managers with no obvious areas of continuity between them.

I don't see United winning a title in the next three or four years without 80% of this squad being turned over. Liverpool had a lot of objectively decent footballers when Klopp first joined. City with Pep too. Elite managers generally take clubs from top half or European level to title challengers by making fundamental overhauls to squad and shaping them in their image and style of play.

I don't see any director of football and managerial partnership who would look at United's squad and think that it would only needs a couple of ins and outs, in order to make them consistent title challengers again. I'm not even sure we could agree on five certainties a successful manager might build around. Bruno, Maguire, AWB, Pogba, Fred, Martial and DDG all have different obvious flaws that would rule them out as cornerstones for certain managers. There's only really Rashford I would bet my house on every future potentially successful manager backing.
Good managers make sense of jumbled squad. That’s part of being a good manager. Looks at Conte when he took over from Mourinho. Or Pocchetino at Spurs and Southampton. Or Ancelotti at Everton etc etc etc Whenever a top quality manager gets his teeth into a team, the long term worries about their dire squad seem to disappear, often with very few new signings.

Doesn’t always happen instantly but can happen very quickly without the need for a total overhaul, or a long term DoF. Especially in a squad with as many potential gems as ours. Certainly far quicker than we’ve seen with Ole.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Good managers make sense of jumbled squad. That’s part of being a good manager. Looks at Conte when he took over from Mourinho. Or Pocchetino at Spurs and Southampton. Or Ancelotti at Everton etc etc etc Whenever a top quality manager gets his teeth into a team, the long term worries about their dire squad seem to disappear, often with very few new signings.

Doesn’t always happen instantly but can happen very quickly without the need for a total overhaul, or a long term DoF. Especially in a squad with as many potential gems as ours. Certainly far quicker than we’ve seen with Ole.
Pochettino at Spurs didn't achieve anything that would be deemed a success at United. He would have been sacked long before he got the CL final. He also entirely overhauled the squad to achieve that. Isn't that exactly part of what people have been championing about Poch after his interview on Monday?

Ancelotti has barely been there long enough for any sort of success to be derived. What's pretty clear from Everton's start to the season is that Ancelotti's signings are paramount to them succeeding. They've been crap in recent matches with some of them missing. Everton were also pretty crap in the league last year without them.

Conte, I agree with, but his relationship with Chelsea deteriorated when the club wouldn't back him, and he's continually making the same exact noises at Inter.

I genuinely believe it is a bit delusional to think we are just the right manager and one or two signings away from the title. We still haven't started the process of a longer term squad building plan with a clear vision and principles behind it.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
That front four works for a start. Those are oour best foour attacking players by a mile and also all in positions they are comfortable in. Football is actually quite simple in terms of the basics. Play your best players in their best positions.

Instead we are now trying to force Pogba into the attacking set up because Ole has FINALLY realised he's a liability in central midfield. So instead of dropping him he drops or shifts around other people and tries to play Pogba in their position. Mata still keeps playing in the front three. He isn't a winger...we've been doing this for years now. Greenwood will get you 20 goals a season. You don't drop him for someone who'll get you 2 and can't even play in that position anyway.

He starts applying different standards to different players. Last season he was seen telling Lingard if he gives the ball away once more he's off, and then subbed him off. The other day he took Fred off for playing 2 bad passes in a row. Yet Pogba can give the ball away cheaply 60 times a game and the result is that someone else gets hooked out of the team or subbed off. The same weird logic seems to apply to Matic. McTominay does his job but better. Fred does his job but better. Yet literallly every other game Matic is back in there, not doing his job at all. Why? He's given other players the chop completely for less. How do our two top scorers and best players get taken off last night and yet Matic who was our worst player on the night gets moved into a position he can't play just to avoid taking him off?

Similarly he will stick by Maguire no matter what, but drops other people for single mistakes or just purely for being younger. Literally sticking with a player who is costing you games in preference to rewarding players who do well is never going to be a great management strategy.

There is actually no incentive at this point for any of our players to want to impress the manager or work harder, or do better, because there is no reward for doing so, and apparently no llevel of bad the person ahead of you can reach that will mean the manager gives you a fair chance.

It doesn't really matter what the tactics are if you can't get the basics right in terms of having standards and applying those same standards to all of the players.
This.

Ole plays favourites and it's damaging the club now and even more so in the long term.

Shark

@NotShark
Those saying last night that there's no real noise regarding Woodward sacking Ole spoke a tad too soon.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Those saying last night that there's no real noise regarding Woodward sacking Ole spoke a tad too soon.
But every article is still based on rumours and have "United board is reluctant to fire Ole". Amazing how our board looks at managers. You must burn whole house before they fire you

glazed

Again I'm not buying that Poch is doomed to fail here because he's only got DDG and Henderson to choose from...
As both Klopp and Pep showed us, you can't high press unless you have a sweeper keeper. Neither fit the bill.

glazed

We never actually tried to hire Pep/Klopp when they were available though if it was well documented we made approaches at the time they were free agents and they rejected us you`d have a point but your opinion is speculation.

De Gea/Henderson will be regulars under Poch.
It's well documented that Ed tried to hire Klopp. And SAF tried to get Pep as his successor.

As to the idea that De Gea can work in a high press, I just think you're wrong. He absolutely went to pieces when Spain played it in in 2018 because he is isn't that kind of keeper.

Ralph1386

He's a bizarre signing because we have Bruno who plays his position, and we clearly don't have a plan for him aside from rotation.
His best position is number 8 not number 10. Therefore Bruno does not play in his position because Bruno mostly plays as a number 10 for us.

At Ajax VDB was mostly a box to box number 8 midfielder.

I don’t know if Ole even scouted him before deciding he was a number 10. He was great in Istanbul yesterday as a midfielder.

RkkMan

It's well documented that Ed tried to hire Klopp. And SAF tried to get Pep as his successor.

As to the idea that De Gea can work in a high press, I just think you're wrong. He absolutely went to pieces when Spain played it in in 2018 because he is isn't that kind of keeper.
Pep was the only manager we contacted when he was a free agent in 2012 but we never followed up on him just contact. He didn`t reject us.
We tried to hire Klopp in 2014 after sacking Moyes but he was still under contract at BVB and was not in a hurry to leave at the time. We never made an approach when he was a free agent in 2015 if we did your argument would be relevant.
De Gea has been a top GK under Fergie, Moyes, LVG, Jose and Ole(for a part) if he can adapt to all those managers he can adapt to Poch

red4ever 79

He's definetely going, too much noise and traction now. Results are garbage, performances are garbage. No gameplan, no system. Dead man walking. Just a case of when not if.

glazed

There's such a thing as instructing players on how you want them to play and coaching.
Yeah that worked well for Spain in 2018. DdG still can't show his face there.

Pep was the only manager we contacted when he was a free agent in 2012 but we never followed up on him just contact. He didn`t reject us.
We tried to hire Klopp in 2014 after sacking Moyes but he was still under contract at BVB
These things aren't black and white. They involve mutual chemistry and closed door communications. If either had wanted the job, it would have happened.