Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Mate, I play in the same position as him, i understand the role he has to play.
He plays as a proper number 6 for me, box to box with defensive duties as well as attacking plays.
Two assists is poor in that team.
Anyone wonder why there's no other teams in for him?
He's a good player but not top quality.
Sunday league?

Your experience is not that of a world class player playing the role properly it is completely irrelevant.

This is one of the funniest replies in terms of how out of depth it comes across as.
It’s not poor for him to not be responsible for the final ball you just don’t get what he does.

Jonesno.8

I'd still take Veratti, hadnt realised he was injured. Has won everything north or 30.70 against. Kimpembe has been immense as well.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Stats era. The guys who play the pass before pass are not rated in this era anymore.Eye test means nothing.You only need to look at Zidane and Iniesta’s numbers to understand the point.
In that case Cleverley was class!!
Do you believe that two assists is good stats for a midfielder?
He's a good players no doubt, but he's never been a game changer.

Bwuk

Wonder what they’d do with Fabinho if he goes to Liverpool.

Thiago is outstanding at #6.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Stats era. The guys who play the pass before pass are not rated in this era anymore.Eye test means nothing.You only need to look at Zidane and Iniesta’s numbers to understand the point.
It’s crazy. I like a good stat as much as the next bloke but I completely agree he’s a perfect example of stats not showing everything and most people understand that.

A much better metric would be to look at his retention and ball progression.
I agree, his pass started the move.
But a lot happened after and before the pass, and let's be honest it was just a simple slide rule pass,
:lol:
Sunday League’s Thiago has spoken

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Absolutely love him. It will hurt like hell to see him playing for Liverpool.

Champ

Sunday league?

Your experience is not that of a world class player playing the role properly it is completely irrelevant.

This is one of the funniest replies in terms of how out of depth it comes across as.
It’s not poor for him to not be responsible for the final ball you just don’t get what he does.
Semi pro level, but that's obviously beside the point here,
You've tried to belittle my valid points by belittling my footballing experience which has been thrown back in your face,
Explain to me please how two assists is good enough for a player like Thiago? How many assists does Goretzka have for example? He plays the same role.
I get what he does, trust me.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Cleverly was nowhere near as progressive a passer as Thiago, nor is he as composed and he’s not as good on the ball dribbling.

Thiago has a progressive pass distance per 90 of 447m. That is a crazy amount of ball progression for any midfielder in world football and I’d be hard pressed to find anyone with a better per 90 stat.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You've tried to belittle my valid points by belittling my footballing experience which has been thrown back in your face,
Explain to me please how two assists is good enough for a player like Thiago? How many assists does Goretzka have for example? He plays the same role.
You don't get it at all

E-mal

We will be stupid to not get him at all cost.
And people were spouting rubbish that he won't get a place in our midfield. He is better than any one we have to play in any position of our midfield.

Zoo

Okay he wants a new challenge but it will be a step down wherever he goes.

Renegade

No I don’t. Not sure what my opinion on Cleverley has to do with Thiago? Do you think their comparable? It’s not an amazing stat but i don’t expect amazing assist/goals number from a 6. Do you think Zidanes 6 goals for Madrid in 04 was good stats for an Attacking Midfielder?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: :lol:

You don’t get what he does or has to do. Trust me.

Fecking hell, “I play the same position so I know”, that’s some daft shit.

RedorDead21

Watch him play. Focus on what his role is in the team and if you can’t see how good he is in that role then feck me forget football mate or go educate yourself.

He is more than capable of playing further up to get those assists but as a composed game managing DM/CM bloody hell he’s near perfect.
You dont think people would be running past him in the PL and our fans would be saying he's not suited to playing the DM role in the PL? Just curious

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Would be a great signing, at very good value as well apparently. Doesn’t look like he wants to go anywhere except Liverpool though.

Pace Abuser

You might as well give up watching football if you think Thiago ain't all that - because he has 2 assists. He's phenomenal in controlling games and playing with everything infront of him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
@Champ you're having a mare here. He should have more assists, sure, but that doesn't negate the incredible work he does for the rest of the team. Starts the progression, beats the press and keeps possession. All at an elite level.

Instrumental in dominating PSG's midfield tonight. They couldn't get near him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Personally I think Veratti is better in that role, but they're probably the two best in the world at it.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
You say semi pro so what team?

It’s completely irrelevant because I too have been paid in my teens and 20s to play football and started out as a small CM/DM moving further forward. I wouldn’t try to use my semi pro experience to justify my opinion on Thiago however my coaching experience at professional level (mainly U18s and youth development at various clubs) I absolutely am confident you are talking out your arse here.

Two assists is fine for Thiago. His role is to play progressive passes into wide areas or to find Muller for the set up of the next final 3rd penetrative pass. If the option isn’t on then he is to retain possession shift the defensive team to one side of the pitch to create a better passing angle for the next attempted progression.

Goretzka is not the same playing style as Thiago.

If you want me to go into more detail it should probably be done on the football forum not his transfer thread.

Champ

@Champ you're having a mare here. He should have more assists, sure, but that doesn't negate the incredible work he does for the rest of the team. Starts the progression, beats the press and keeps possession. All at an elite level.
Don't think I am,
Once again, how many clubs you think are in for him?
I ain't doubting he's a good player, I know he's a good player, but he ain't a game changer, never has been never will be.
His domestic and international record show that.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Really?
In one of the highest scoring teams in Europe he has two assists, two .....that's not great.
He keeps things ticking and recycles the ball well, but doesn't offer much going forward at all.
I think that's probably why not many teams are biting Bayern's hand off for him
Did you watch the game today? His insane pass was the biggest factor in the goal. Didn't get an assist though so I suppose it doesn't count.

I agree, his pass started the move.
But a lot happened after and before the pass, and let's be honest it was just a simple slide rule pass,

He took 4 defenders out with this pass. Describing this as simple is patently absurd.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Don't think I am,
Once again, how many clubs you think are in for him?
I ain't doubting he's a good player, I know he's a good player, but he ain't a game changer, never has been never will be.
His domestic and international record show that.
Probably a couple tbh. Nothing would have happened until after this match anyway.

It depends what you mean as a game changer. Hes been involved with some of the most successful teams around? Has he just lucked out then?

Yagami

Good post resistant
2nd best CM tonight. Fortunately, Munich's forward took his chance, but the Paris forwards didn't take their chances set-up by Herrera.

Art

Art the artist
Moves stopped Thiago and LVG stopped Kroos from joining. To think we could have had a Thiago Kroos Pogba midfield..

Status
Not open for further replies.