Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Thiago's likeliest destination is United. United have been making personality background checks about him. If nothing changes, he's gonna sign for us.
According to Graham Hunter.

MDFC Manager

Thiago's likeliest destination is United. United have been making personality background checks about him. If nothing changes, he's gonna sign for us.
According to Graham Hunter.
This is the thing that i really love about our transfers these days :) We might still get it wrong occasionally but its great that there is some focus on this.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Cocks out lads. I didn't listen to the video, but I'll listen to any good thing that's said on here like a true muppet would.

:drool:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:confused: I thought we'd have done this 'personality background check' way long before the talk about wages happened.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
This is the thing that i really love about our transfers these days :) We might still get it wrong occasionally but its great that there is some focus on this.
Would be better to do so right at the very beggining, we have apparently been interested for a couple years, yet we're only checking his personality traits now?

Sorry to say, I call bullshit.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I will believe it when I see it. Barca are hustlers and they do it better than anyone else

I guess it depends on what they can possibly offer him that will make him stay. Thiago's desire to leave to benefit his immediate short term future (the 13/14 season) and the release clause really puts them on the back foot. Just gotta hope our boys can persuade him we are his best option. If he wants to play 30+ league games - injury permitting - then it's United, no questions. He doesn't sound like he wants to be patient any longer, alot like how Pogba felt I guess. We reassured him he was the future, but he wanted it right away. Difference being, Pogba was a bit of a butthole, and Thiago seems like a good egg.

Godfather

I don't know what will be more satisfying, when we actually sign him. The fact we got one of the most promising youngsters out there or the fact that we more or less robbed him from Barcelona

Fergus' son

Even if he does sign, how likely is it that he'll rejoin them when the time is right?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Even if he does sign, how likely is it that he'll rejoin them when the time is right?

He doesn't seem as emotionally attached to Barca as alot of their academy graduates. His own words said something along the lines of that he'd be lying if he wants to be a success at Barca. He wants to be a success in football. I think he's very open to moving away and being a success elsewhere, but I'm just guessing based on what he has said.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Weird how in 174 pages, you're the first the mention this.

Can't tell if serious or not. I remember mentioning this way back when we were first linked with him, and quite a few others have said it as well.

Posted at the end of May:

Thiago is also more likely to want to return to Barcelona at some stage of his career again, though. If Fabregas leaves them this summer, that's his Catalan dream over for good, which means we'd be likely to have him until he retired, if we wished to.
Some posters ridiculed me for it, though. Saying something along the lines of it being a "myth" that La Masia graduates would hanker for a return if the opportunity arose. I also think that those posters are mental patients.

Fergus' son

He doesn't seem as emotionally attached to Barca as alot of their academy graduates. His own words said something along the lines of that he'd be lying if he wants to be a success at Barca. He wants to be a success in football. I think he's very open to moving away and being a success elsewhere, but I'm just guessing based on what he has said.
Really? Never knew that. Strange thing to say, I wouldnt be happy if Welbeck said something similar for example.

Dominos

He's 22 and will have forced himself out the club at a cut price (if he does sign for us), I don't think it's something we have to be majorly concerned about, even if it is a possibility... He may have burnt his bridges, and even if he does end up giving us 5 years and then we have to sell him back for a profit, it's hardly the end of the world.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I think if we do sign him he's almost certainly going to move on to a different club again. I don't think he's a guy who likes to stay at 1 club for particularly long and he has no reason to really care about our history. But who cares? 3-4 years of a potentially world class midfielder is still a good thing.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I think if we do sign him he's almost certainly going to move on to a different club again. I don't think he's a guy who likes to stay at 1 club for particularly long and he has no reason to really care about our history. But who cares? 3-4 years of a potentially world class midfielder is still a good thing.
He's been at Barca all his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.