Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir A1ex

Tell me about it. Doesn't any fecker work these days? Moyes has been fecking about in Disneyland for at least a month and this Woodward is clearly a poor man's Gill. I want transfers and I want them now, before I go on holiday.
My worry is that Moyes, Woodward and Thiago are all secretly Caf members, and they've got sucked into this thread like the rest of us and are failing to get any work done.

The question is, who is who?

Baxter

Back from to see the Thiago meter is hovering on "ON". Deal done for me now!

Everest Red

Reddest ever
How could I forget Big Dave? I assuming Mazinho is negotiating directly with De Gea.
Now there is a picture in there somewhere: parade in Catalunya; Moyes, Alcantara, and Woodward on a beach; De Gea and Mazinho in a room with lawyers studying Spanish tax codes..

Everest Red

Reddest ever
My worry is that Moyes, Woodward and Thiago are all secretly Caf members, and they've got sucked into this thread like the rest of us and are failing to get any work done.

The question is, who is who?
Cider is Woodward, Silent Witness is Moyes, and Vato(the cheeky bastard) is Thiago.

Platato

Psst!
I thought we'd established that he was freelance?

If he works at he club, what's with being so loose-lipped? It's really our style...
Probably because it's safe to do so. He's not really being so loose in my opinion. In my mind, that's probably the furthest he can go with those tweets.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
How could I forget Big Dave? I assuming Mazinho is negotiating directly with De Gea.

Excellent - we can then get the deal done in doughnuts; sort out some sponsorship with Krispy Kreme and the deal pays for itself.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Phew. I knew I wasn't looking at it upside down, and thought I might have had a brain aneurysm.

Now I just feel like a cnut, though.

:lol:

I get it wrong so often that it's probably a sign of some impending brain disaster, but I can't be bothered to look up Wikipedia. :D

The Neviller

:lol:

I get it wrong so often that it's probably a sign of some impending brain disaster, but I can't be bothered to look up Wikipedia. :D
Don't bother, I stopped smoking and within two weeks had taken three strokes, a heart attack and had peripheral neuropathy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Story inside the paper - funny that. Trying to milk a story dry that is almost empty already.

Lads I think we are on the home stretch. 1 last final muppet push and he's ours :devil:

simon_xazza

To be honest the times article sounds about right from the information we have had, ignoring tweets from unreliable sources etc..?

Will Absolute

It's dragging on a bit. The most obvious explanation is that Thiago is reluctant to cut the umbilical cord, and still hoping for an improved offer from Barca with some assurances about playing time.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Barcelona don't want to lose him, they'll do their utmost to prevent him leaving. This may drag a couple more weeks.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
To be honest the times article sounds about right from the information we have had, ignoring tweets from unreliable sources etc..?
The sad thing is, they're getting paid to do what we are doing in this thread. Only they dress it up as if they know something and use words like "it is known that he would prefer" and "he has been told that he will..." It's all guff and speculation on their part.

Phil

It's dragging on a bit. The most obvious explanation is that Thiago is reluctant to cut the umbilical cord, and still hoping for an improved offer from Barca with some assurances about playing time.
Yeah, that's the most obvious explanation.

Will Absolute

Barcelona don't want to lose him, they'll do their utmost to prevent him leaving. This may drag a couple more weeks.
From what we know, Barca have no power to obstruct the move. The delay has to originate in the Thiago camp. My guess is he's hoping against hope that 'something will turn up'.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Hoofball! Spanish press bitterly attack Manchester United and David Moyes over Thiago move
Toys are flying out of Catalan prams right now as the media closest to Barcelona start to deal with the possibility that Thiago is actually leaving the club and moving to Manchester United. When it was an idea, everything was still rosy and Thiago and Manchester United were treated respectfully. They obviously assumed that the move wouldn't actually happen, with Barcelona somehow encouraging their boy to stay with the club.
We said several times it would all change if the deal actually happened and it's changed already, with a quite bitter attack from Catalan newspaper Sport today, and their journalist Emilio Pérez de Rozas. An article was put out at 4am in Spain this morning, now we could assume the journalist was a bit tired and emotional and let his feelings get in the way but we'll give Emilio the benefit of the doubt, he could have been in Brazil with the Spanish national squad which would have made the time closer to midnight.
Sport have changed their tune from saying that Manchester United are a great club to join to describing the club as not such a good destination now Sir Alex Ferguson has gone and a new man taken over. Just two days ago the same newspaper were raving about David Moyes and said he wanted to make Thiago his new Arteta and understood the role of the Spaniard.
We covered that article from Sport and said at the time:
'Sport say that Moyes has played a huge role in the effort to convince Mazinho and Thiago, and will be a big part of the reason he joins, if the deal is completed. The newspaper concede, in this one article (they'll probably change their minds if the move happens), that Thiago isn't moving for money, although Manchester United are offering more than Barcelona would. They say it's the promise of a prominent role and the explanation Moyes has put across about Thiago being his new Arteta. They label the chance to be the protagonist of Manchester United's midfield 'priceless'.'
From that Sport have turned on a sixpence, or at least Emilio Pérez de Rozas has done it for them. He says that Thiago has a choice, either playing football 'vertically' with balls flying over his head - at Manchester United, or 'tiqui-taca' at Emilio's beloved Barcelona.
'Catalonia, England, Barça-ManUnited, Vilanova-Moyes, Iniesta / Xavi or balls flying overhead, tiki-taca or football vertically, fast, direct.'
Emilio may not have heard of Paul Scholes but Xavi and Iniesta certainly have and wouldn't put him into those categories or be so rude about Manchester United's style of play. The bitterness is so evident it's laughable.
In just two days, one newspaper have gone from praising Manchester United, their style, and the new manager, to almost describing them as akin to Stoke City. Sport were correct, it is priceless. Perhaps it also shows that a move is edging ever closer, Emilio thinks Thiago should just be shown the door now, he's had enough. Manchester United will be ready and waiting.
Other newspapers in Spain are also beginning to question Thiago's motives and reckon money has played a big part in his decision, rather than any wish for more playing time. If the transfer is confirmed then it's likely to get worse.
Some of the Spanish press turning on Thiago and United. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.