Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
I do think it's unnecessary for Pep to buy Thaigo, think it could backfire too especially if he promises him a number of games. Threatening to disrupt such a winning formula to keep a new signing that you don't desperately need happy doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Commadus

He was asked about Thiago. What's so difficult to grasp?
Was he playing down the whole scenario now that we are unlikely to sign him or was it that we were never 100% after him?

The only confirmed transfer bid we have made is for Baines. All the Thiago stuff was from journalists, tweets etc. The only time Barca commented was that when they said no firm offer has been made.

So was it all bullshit?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Years from now when Thiago lead Bayern and Spain to glory and success and became world player of the year, we could all come back to this thread and enjoy the good old times. This has been an amazing month for all of us, the unfulfilled muppets dream always be the most unforgettable one.

Giggsforever

If Pep adds Thiago and do not replace Gomez, it looks like he want to play the same football as he did with Barca.

Bayern will probably win the league, but they will not stand a chance in the CL. For that you need a Messi and you also need players that are drilled in that type of football.
The Tiki Taka is also found out over the last year, you can kill it with pressure and it's not nearly as effective against good teams as against avrage sides.

Varun

Staff
If Pep adds Thiago and do not replace Gomez, it looks like he want to play the same football as he did with Barca.

Bayern will probably win the league, but they will not stand a chance in the CL. For that you need a Messi and you also need players that are drilled in that type of football.
The Tiki Taka is also found out over the last year, you can kill it with pressure and it's not nearly as effective against good teams as against avrage sides.

He's categorically stated that he's not looking to make Bayern play the way Barca did.

Commadus

If Bayern add Lewandowski, Thiago and already Goetze to their squad - they will have both quality and strength in depth.

walsh

Why do people all for this shit? Since when does he have any inside information on what Moyes thinks.
Because they see him on Sky Sports. He's making things up or at most putting 2 & 2 together and not caring what answer he gets. We all know Thiago will likely sign for Bayern so people will end up believing his story, he just does it to try and enhance his 'credibility' which equates to how many mugs will believe the next 'scoop' he tweets about.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
We haven't not got anyone yet.

I know but the excuses are already coming in was my point. It is looking increasingly likely he will go to Bayern so all of a sudden we were never really in for him. I have heard that a few times over the years. He would have been a great addition but you can't blame him for going to Bayern especially with Guardiola wanting him so much.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
I know but the excuses are already coming in was my point. It is looking increasingly likely he will go to Bayern so all of a sudden we were never really in for him. I have heard that a few times over the years. He would have been a great addition but you can't blame him for going to Bayern especially with Guardiola wanting him so much.
But there's no evidence (apart from near 400 pages of muppetry) that we were ever in for him.

JaffyJoe

Pep knows what players he has available and I assume he would have caught some of what Bayern did last year once he was announced as manager so for him to want Thiago he must be part of his plans they already have quality players for the bench. Such a deep squad it's scary. The way their midfield can dominate teams and the fact they have goals all over the team as long as the striker is competent (Manduzkic) they will win 85-90% of games the other 10% is against the very best teams and they did fine this year.

Back to us I am waiting eagerly to see what Moyes has up his sleeve I have faith.

JaffyJoe

But there's no evidence (apart from near 400 pages of muppetry) that we were ever in for him.

The papers and people in the media?? People only want to question these sources now it looks like he is going elsewhere. He ticked all the boxes and we have been in for him before it made sense as a signing. Moyes has said we are 'light' in midfield, I will be interested to see who we do bring in that we were supposedly more interested in than Thiago.

Brightonian

:lol: Balague.

He probably hadn't even heard of Moyes 'till this summer, the clueless git. Now he can see into his innermost thoughts, eh?

I like that article. Sums up quite neatly most of the things most of us already think about him going to Bayern. Yes, it is theoretically possible to fit him in, but not without seriously pissing off at least one or two players in a supremely winning formula. (I don't agree with the bit about the Bundesliga requiring big #10s, though. Bayern have often had one, but Dortmund won it two seasons in a row with Kagawa and Gotze swapping the position. However, that bit doesn't actually have much bearing on the overall point, which is right.)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Can you imagine what he'd be like if it was Benitez failing to sign Thiago?:

Well, Rafa tried his very, very best but what can you say about modern footballer$, no?

Varun

Staff
:lol: Balague.

He probably hadn't even heard of Moyes 'till this summer, the clueless git. Now he can see into his innermost thoughts, eh?

I dont blame him. Its part of his job to seem to know things that others dont, kind of an inside man. I blame those who believe trollers like him. Moyes, who has refused to even discuss Thiago or any particular player for that matter with the press has somehow told Balague not just that we were interested in him and put in an offer but also why we werent really interested. And yet people believe such tweets.

SATA

Someone should send a copy of that article to Thiago and translate the whole fecking thing to him if he's still thinking between Bayern and us

SATA

So according to this Ballague, we put in an offer for the player whom Moyes doesn't rate him enough to play in the PL and so was half-hearted in the process? Then why did we exactly bid him for? Too much time on our hands?

MDFC Manager

Was he playing down the whole scenario now that we are unlikely to sign him or was it that we were never 100% after him?

The only confirmed transfer bid we have made is for Baines. All the Thiago stuff was from journalists, tweets etc. The only time Barca commented was that when they said no firm offer has been made.

So was it all bullshit?
It could me so mate :) Our name could well have been used to get Bayern going. We normally keep very silent about transfers and a lot of agents/players use your silence to simply leak that we're interested. Might be the case here too. Or we might have been interested but backed off due to whatever reason.

acrebo

So according to this Ballague, we put in an offer for the player whom Moyes doesn't rate him enough to play in the PL and so was half-hearted in the process? Then why did we exactly bid him for? Too much time on our hands?
It's brilliant, isn't it?

I love the idea of Moyes reluctantly agreeing to buy Thiago because of his discount price in the same way you might pick up some reduced price pastries in Tesco: "meh, I don't actually want a 5-pack of custard doughnuts but seeing as they're only 50p it'd be rude not to...".

In fact, I bet Moyes would buy him, sulk about the fact he never actually wanted him and then chuck him in the reserves for a few years before offloading to Hull for £1.5m.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Why would Moyes give the go-ahead to pay the release clause if he didn't believe in him?

...This point has been made already, hasn't it?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Unless Balague has been privy to any private conversations from Moyes I can't figure out how he came to this conclusion.

I imagine someone as dialed in as him has first or second hand connections at most of the top clubs.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I imagine someone as dialed in as him has first or second hand connections at most of the top clubs.
Ballague has zero links with Manchester United.

The only people who believe shit like that tweet are those who for some reason (hatred of Moyes!) really want to believe it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ballague has zero links with Manchester United.

How do you know ? Some journalists socialize with players, agents, and other club officials. Even if they don't have direct links with a club, they can gain access to inside information through the grapevine of their various contacts.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
How do you know ? Some journalists socialize with players, agents, and other club officials. Even if they don't have direct links with a club, they can gain access to inside information through the grapevine of their various contacts.
I mean maybe with club officials they might get some info but what info do players have?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I mean maybe with club officials they might get some info but what info do players have?

Everyone affiliated with a given club may have various amounts of information. Some none, some a lot based on their observations and discussions. It all depends on how much of a back channel a journalist has.

I work with journalists from some of the bigger US newspapers and know the game. Even though politics and sport are different animals, the ground rules are still remarkably similar.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Ha ha, of course you want to believe that shit! Moyes Out!
These fecking mewling cnuts better do one soon.
What's wrong with you? Honestly. Who have ever talked about "Moyes out"?

Maybe it's time for the mods to clean up this place a little bit. To much haters, Internet warriors and clowns for our own good. Can't some posters accept other opinions then there own? Is it possible to express something else then the Top Red comments or must everybody like everything our club does?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Has anyone actually called for Moyes out (and by that I mean not in jest) ? Or is someone just being a bit preemptively paranoid ?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

My word, strolling to the league title, and still getting to the champions league semi final is "being found out". :lol:

Losing to an inspired Bayern with Messi semi injured hardly means they've been found out, and we'll see that this year.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Has anyone actually called for Moyes out (and by that I mean not in jest) ? Or is someone just being a bit preemptively paranoid ?

It's hard to believe, at this stage, that this kind of talk would exist on a "fan" forum. There are clearly some nobhead kids in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.