Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
:lol: the flight checking thing. Where I lived in the states they would keep an eye out for the Universities jet that the coaches used on football recruiting trips by using flightaware etc. The college caught on and had the flight info made private. feckin depths people will go to

Platato

Psst!
Just read on the daily fail that Chelsea are lining up Van Ginkel. Supposedly, he was given assurances for starting lineup. This could further mean that Chelsea are out of the race for Thiago who is also looking for regular football.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm usually able to work out if it's a fake or not - they usually are. But admittedly I can't see anything wrong with that one.

With that being said, I can't see a player making that type of a blunder.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I think it's fake. The one in question is darker than any other link.

jeston

If that was real it would have been copied/RT'd tens or hundreds of times before it was deleted. If you search that exact phrase on twitter I get 4 results. So.. I call bullshit.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Ronaldo was kind of a surprise if I recall. There really wasnt a whole summer of chasing him.
He wasn't really that exciting signing either. We signed him mainly on the basis of his performance against us a few days before, I remember that it was a day before I went on holiday and he'd already been signed by the time I returned.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
He wasn't really that exciting signing either. We signed him mainly on the basis of his performance against us a few days before, I remember that it was a day before I went on holiday and he'd already been signed by the time I returned.
I thought he was a pretty exciting prospect, that was shown with his first appearance for us. From all the reports before hand and the footage available it was very clear that he was going to be special.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Just read on the daily fail that Chelsea are lining up Van Ginkel. Supposedly, he was given assurances for starting lineup. This could further mean that Chelsea are out of the race for Thiago who is also looking for regular football.
No club, anywhere, would give such an assurance to anyone, which means the rest is made up as well.
Not hard.
Unlike my cock, which throbs with anticipation.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I thought he was a pretty exciting prospect, that was shown with his first appearance for us. From all the reports before hand and the footage available it was very clear that he was going to be special.
His first appearance, the 20-minute cameo against Bolton, was great and I still remember it vividly. Rooney was a more exciting transfer a year later though and since then we've signed players like Tevez, van Persie or Anderson whose reputation was much higher at the time of the transfer than Ronaldo's. No one really anticipated him to become that good, some people knew that he could go on to big things but not to such extent.

Gazza

Ronaldo was definitely an exciting transfer. I was sitting at home listening to 5 Live and the report came in. The sense of intrigue was memorable.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Ronaldo was on our radar long before that friendly game. IIRC Fergie said that the club tied up the deal the day before the friendly match.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ronaldo was on our radar long before that friendly game. IIRC Fergie said that the club tied up the deal the day before the friendly match.
We were scouting him long before that but wanted to leave him at sporting for a season. The players on the plane back from that friendly persuaded him to sign him up earlier and we enquired and found out Liverpool amongst others were interested. We didn't mess about and got a solid big in and accepted and the rest is history.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I remember hearing about us signing Ronaldo on the radio. Remember radios? I remember being half-cut and was convinced we'd signed Fat Ronaldo, then spent a good 20 minutes trying convince my flat mate Fat Ronaldo still had game. It was a weird day, and at the time, I'd not really heard of Cristiano at all. I didn't have the internet or Sky in my flat. Only terrestrial TV.

Rooney was definitely a knob-out transfer, for me.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
His first appearance, the 20-minute cameo against Bolton, was great and I still remember it vividly. Rooney was a more exciting transfer a year later though and since then we've signed players like Tevez, van Persie or Anderson whose reputation was much higher at the time of the transfer than Ronaldo's. No one really anticipated him to become that good, some people knew that he could go on to big things but not to such extent.

I thought that first cameo was very exciting. I thought he was going to be great(didn't expect to be this good though)

Something in his name inspires that greatness I suppose. Just like Ronaldo, Ronald Regan, Ronaldinho.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
I remember hearing about us signing Ronaldo on the radio. Remember radios? I remember being half-cut and was convinced we'd signed Fat Ronaldo, then spent a good 20 minutes trying convince my flat mate Fat Ronaldo still had game. It was a weird day, and at the time, I'd not really heard of Cristiano at all. I didn't have the internet or Sky in my flat. Only terrestrial TV.

What's a radio, grandpa?

Brightonian

I don't remember being so excited for a transfer since Rooney (although last season was my first real experience of a Caf summer, and while I didn't really want Hazard I got very keen for Kagawa). It's only half to do with how good Thiago is, and how good he could become. The other half is artificial excitement created by just how long we've waited to sign a midfielder, and the fact that Thiago is probably more perfect for the position than any name that has been thrown about in the five years or so that we (the fans) have wanted one.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
And the greatest of all, Ronald McDonald

jeff_goldblum

It shouldn't have taken that long, he was top scorer at the World Cup the previous Summer and scored ~30 goals for Madrid in the 2002/3 season! True about the radio though, being a transfer muppet was a completely different game before youtube came along!

VII

:lol:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It shouldn't have taken that long, he was top scorer at the World Cup the previous Summer and scored ~30 goals for Madrid in the 2002/3 season! True about the radio though, being a transfer muppet was a completely different game before youtube came along!

Too right. He was still quality, even with a bit of podge. He'd started a bit of a second chin the year that he dismantled United in the Champions League.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Youtube is a Muppet's greatest weapon. A guy that played for my college joined some mid-table Swedish club. His youtube clip had every element that fuels muppetry: Cheesy music, poor editing, "welcome to our club..

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
This is nothing like the Ronaldo transfer, not even on the level of excitement. More like Ronaldinho.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Even though that twitter was a fake, what was the translation?

Status
Not open for further replies.