Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christie

An actual bayern fan just posted that he's been shit for bayern over years and nobody bothered to even reply to the only real contribution to a thread of people that watch him 3 times a year and say mourinho is out of his mind not signing this world class centre mid
The biggest shocker is why Pep isn't after him. We all know Pep wants a midfielder since he was after Jorginho. Why can't Thiago fit the bill? He certainly knows Thiago inside out.

Canagel

The biggest shocker is why Pep isn't after him. We all know Pep wants a midfielder since he was after Jorginho. Why can't Thiago fit the bill? He certainly knows Thiago inside out.
Pep was after Jorginho to take Fernandinhos place as holding midfielder. Thiago plays further forward but City already has Silva and KDB there so probably that's why.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Because Thiago wasn't very good under Guardiola.

MadMike

Pep was after Jorginho to take Fernandinhos place as holding midfielder. Thiago plays further forward but City already has Silva and KDB there so probably that's why.
In fact that’s two Silvas, Gundogan, KDB as well as Delph and young Foden. All vying for the two CM spots ahead of Fernandinho/Jorginho.

City are beyond stacked in that position.

Cheekiey

If Thiago is Better as an 8, then push Pogba forward into a free role 10 and have Thiago, Matic, Fred sit behind him

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd rather give Pereira the chance TBH. Thiago is fantastic but he's heavily injury prone, and i'm really not sure he'd want to play in our system anyway.

He's always played in possession style teams that are great with the ball, i'm not so sure he'd enjoy the running :lol:

Andersons Dietician

I'd rather give Pereira the chance TBH. Thiago is fantastic but he's heavily injury prone, and i'm really not sure he'd want to play in our system anyway.

He's always played in possession style teams that are great with the ball, i'm not so sure he'd enjoy the running :lol:
As a team aren’t we like the lowest for distance covered. We don’t really work that hard just due to how we play. Possession teams tend to cover a lot of distance just from the constant movement to get in a position for the next pass, so you would think he’d be fine, but again where would he play, seems to be the big issue and if he’s available I’m quite surprised Pep isn’t in for him but I suppose he has Silva, KDB and I’m guessing plans to change Mahrez and B. Silva to also play those roles.

MetoTTT

If Thiago is Better as an 8, then push Pogba forward into a free role 10 and have Thiago, Matic, Fred sit behind him
Pogba isn't and never be a "a free role 10". He's a 8 and with the right attitude and motivation could be a class act in a regular basis.

Kazi

Supposedly a reliable source.

Surely not?

Where would he play? Who would he replace or how would he fit in with our midfield? Why are Bayern looking to sell him?
He’s miles better than any of our midfielders. We’d build the team around him.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Not a priority. We have a glut of CMs. Matic, Pogba, Fred, Herrera, Fellaini, and now we're trying to push Pereira into the squad. RM/RW, CB, LB is where the focus is at.

ReallyUSA

Don't have room for him unless we are letting go Herrera and Matic is taking a backseat

Hanky panky

He's miles better than Fellaini but not miles better than Pogba. Actually i would choose Pogba ahead of Thiago any day of the week.

Revan

Assumptionman
Getting him to replace Herrera would be great. A midfield three of him, Pogba and Matic would be the best in the league.

Fred is a total unknown quality at this stage so I would actually want us to get an another midfielder providing that he is better than what we have (Thiago is around Pogba's level and miles better than all of our other midfielders).

MadMike

He hasn’t managed to make a big impact on any team in his career. Neither Barca nor Bayern nor Spain. Pogba was a crucial piece for all the teams he was in.

I don’t think you’ll find many (or any) who will agree with you.

Last edited:

MadMike

Getting him to replace Herrera would be great. A midfield three of him, Pogba and Matic would be the best in the league.

Fred is a total unknown quality at this stage so I would actually want us to get an another midfielder providing that he is better than what we have (Thiago is around Pogba's level and miles better than all of our other midfielders).
The main problem with this is that the midfield is not a problem area for us now. The RW is. The fullbacks are. You could argue we could do with a better CB too (Mourinho seems to think so). So throwing 70+ million on a CM now makes little sense in terms of getting an improved team for your money investment. You get more bang for your buck improving the positions of weakness.

There’s other issues like the fact that he is a bit injury prone which makes him a risk. Or the fact that we signed Fred, renewed Fellaini and have young Pereira showing real promise with a similar play style. So his arrival could cause problems for the rest of the midfield.

Devil may care

I don't get this Pogba vs Thiago pissing contest, they offer different things, Pogba is a maverick, he is the player that will come up with something outrageous and inventive in the final 3rd, but often gets bored when having to keep it simple, where as Thiago is a metronomic passer that can set the teams tempo with consistent incisive passing, they'd compliment each other if they had a robust DM like Casemiro or Kante with them, maybe Fred could play that role as he has excellent ground coverage.

Infra-red

We're not even getting a RW or a LB. I doubt we'll concern ourselves with signing players for areas of the pitch where we're actually well-stocked like midfield.

Revan

Assumptionman
The main problem with this is that the midfield is not a problem area for us now. The RW is. The fullbacks are. You could argue we could do with a better CB too (Mourinho seems to think so). So throwing 70+ million on a CM now makes little sense in terms of getting an improved team for your money investment. You get more bang for your buck improving the positions of weakness.

There’s other issues like the fact that he is a bit injury prone which makes him a risk. Or the fact that we signed Fred, renewed Fellaini and have young Pereira showing real promise with a similar play style. So his arrival could cause problems for the rest of the midfield.
The RW is a priority (as should be the left back position) but if there aren't players available there isn't much we can do. I don't know why we didn't try to get Mahrez who would have fit us, and why we didn't sign Shaqiri who was cheap and could have been a decent squad player (similar in quality to Lingard and Mata but offers something different).

If a player of Thiago's quality is available then we should sign him IMO. He'll compliment Pogba very well and can be the playmaker that we are missing. Pogba is a brilliant player but he will never dictate games and Thiago is actually good at it.

RedNed77

We're not even getting a RW or a LB. I doubt we'll concern ourselves with signing players for areas of the pitch where we're actually well-stocked like midfield.
You'd think so, but this is us we're talking about. All we ever sign is number 10's then try and shoehorn all of them in as left wingers.

Cait Sith

Does not start for Spain in his absolute prime years despite Iniesta having basically retired in China.

Bayern openly want to sell.

Barca who know him do not go for him.

Pep who knows him does not go for him.

Doesn't have any memorable CL performance that I can think of except against Arsenal a couple of yours ago.

Injury prone.

Hmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.