this is really, really s#&*

Empire

We have had 66% of the ball, although QPR have had more than twice as many shots.

Hed Zitin

Starting to think someone has given me some bad acid because this is just unbelievable football. What on earth has possessed him to choose these decisions?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Apart from that, it's been largely the same shite, just under a different manager, albeit a more likeable one.
I found Moyes a lot more likeable. I felt sorry or him.

LVG is just an arrogant egotist who's full of bullshit, so far. I find him massively dislikable.

and I say so far, it's been over six months now. Most had given up on Moyes by this point.

Roboc7

QPR look most likely winners, draw might be best we can hope for after another 45 mins of that. Rooney isn't. Good enough passer to play in midfield, falcao looks washed up, di Maria has no idea to play that role, mata looks lost and should be playing higher up the pitch, other than de gea we look very ordinary.

RORY65

I'm not in favour of us changing managers again any time soon but we are awful to watch. The results aren't really an issue for me but my hope was that Van Gaal in his time here would help build a team and style to take forward for years to come. At the moment all he's done is spend ridiculous amounts of money to build an even more imbalanced squad that plays a really boring, incoherent brand of football.

I think it possibly is worse than Moyes, we had games under him where we worse than anything this season but also there were more games where we played well and were good to watch. I was also pretty sympathetic to Moyes' arguments that the squad needed investment, we won the league under Ferguson despite less than half of the time playing well, but it's harder to sympathise with a manager who has spent £150 million as well as having more than 3 months with Mata and yet still we look about 5 or 6 quality players away from having a side that can truly compete.

I'm not as bothered about top 4 as most, we spent years in it and bought poorly yet we were able to get several big names when we missed out, as we're so far off being able to compete with the best in Europe anyway. My real hope for the rest of the season is that we start to play more like an effective, exciting side (regardless of results) so that we finally actually have something to build on for next season but that looks hugely unlikely at the moment.

Revan

Assumptionman
You could at least see what Moyes was trying to do. This is just a mad man with a huge ego who is on a crusade to show the world how brilliant and intelligent he is.
While I didn't saw what Moyes was trying to do, I agree with your second point.

The closest I have seen is Zeman at Roma who played De Rossi as a center forward (before deciding to bench him when he complained for the style of play), Taddei as a right back and a few other weird switches. And similarily to Van Gaal, never taking responsibility for what is happening.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
It looks like it'll be a fight for top four now. If we only scrape fourth after spending so much, when Woodward said in the summer that the aim was top three, do people think the board will be happy with Van Gaal?

Revan

Assumptionman
It looks like it'll be a fight for top four now. If we only scrape fourth after spending so much, when Woodward said in the summer that the aim was top three, do people think the board will be happy with Van Gaal?
With each day passing it looks that there won't be a fight. At-least, not from us.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Honestly, I don't see us winning anything under him. If he gets top four, I'd give him next season till January to assess how well he's done and see if we're genuinely in the title race and in the European mix. If we're not by then and are still playing the tumescent football we see today, get rid of him and get someone else in. Bollocks to the philosophy. We didn't need one before, we sure as hell don't need one now.

If we don't make top four this season, I want him out. Plain and simple.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
The way we are going we would be lucky to get top 4. Southampton have only 2 away games against top half teams for the rest of the seaon and Arsenal always, always gets 4th.

Empire

Don't worry, it's "part of the process".......
Well it probably is, dominating the ball and creating a lot of chances whilst limiting your opponents chances are what he wants to do, he's just struggling to get the team to consistently create chances and limit the opposition's chances.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Honestly, I don't see us winning anything under him. If he gets top four, I'd give him next season till January to see how well he's done and see if we're genuinely in the title race and in the European mix. If we're not, get rid of him and get someone else in.

If we don't make top four this season, I want him out.
I would want him out much before that. If he is unwilling to mend his ways than it is better to part ways to stop the rot.

We need to do everything to get top 4.

sizzling sausages

Scout
Honestly, I don't see us winning anything under him. If he gets top four, I'd give him next season till January to assess how well he's done and see if we're genuinely in the title race and in the European mix. If we're not by then and are still playing the tumescent football we see today, get rid of him and get someone else in. Bollocks to the philosophy. We didn't need one before, we sure as hell don't need one now.

If we don't make top four this season, I want him out. Plain and simple.
Agree with the bold. If he gets top four though, I'd give him all of next season under the proviso that we improve position wise and finish a lot closer to whoever wins the league.

sizzling sausages

Scout
The way we are going we would be lucky to get top 4. Southampton have only 2 away games against top half teams for the rest of the seaon and Arsenal always, always gets 4th.
Southampton are missing two key players for a few weeks now so I'm hoping they go on another poor run now.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
I'm beginning to doubt him, you look at other top managers in the game Mourinho/Pep, Sir Alex before.

All would do better with this crop of players, the formation and as OP pointed out, Rooney in midfield/Di Maria as a striker, Phil Jones taking corners and his substitutions, you can't even work out what he's trying to do.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
I would want him out much before that. If he is unwilling to mend his ways than it is better to part ways to stop the rot.

We need to do everything to get top 4.
Well to be fair it's a moot point, because the club won't act that way. We saw it with Moyes last season. Until it was mathematically impossible for us to finish top four, only then was he sacked. Same would apply for Van Gaal, I should think.

JoaquinJoaquin

If I was Van Gaal I'd be spending money this window because he might not get another after this.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
That was absolutely diabolical. Moyes-after-losing-the-dressing-room bad.

Hugely disappointed in LVG at the moment.

HabeasC

It is crazy that, as soon as we changed formation, we became much better.

Surely, Van Gaal has to change it now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We won but it seems as though LVG's tactics have created difficulties and set us back rather than move us forward. Our football of late actually reminds me of the moyes era - with a bunch of shackles around the players necks. Rather than expressing themselves the players are struggling to get the basics of the game right.

The weird bit is that this wasn't case until the last 7-8 games. Before that I thought we were showing progress as a footballing unit. Di Maria as a striker, the 3 man defense, rooney and mata in midifeld, being persisted with despite it clearly making us a bit shit, is disappointing from LVG.

So right now I'm a little concern about his tactis and "philosophy" rather than excited which was the case awhile back.

Enigma_87

You know who

Definitely.

Otherwise at least we did the job today - one of the rare away wins.

adamwest

We looked good after the switch around. If I can see it, and i'm as pissed as a fart, then old Louis must be able to.

Sylar

Had an extra person up front to press their defence and hold the ball, had more options for our midfield, and meant our defence had to go forward rather than sideways.

Pretty simple really.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
it's been nearly two years and nearly 250m since i've felt we'd go to places like loftus road and get a comfortable three points. that needs to be sorted asap.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
we wouldn't get out of our group playing like this.