this is really, really s#&*

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We weren't this shit under Moyes. Seriously.
Some people have really short memories. We were not only completely shit last season, we also dropped points in these sort of games.

Bwuk

We are rubbish. Honestly watching us play and you just wonder what LvG is playing at with most of the decisions.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Some people have really short memories. We were not only completely shit last season, we also dropped points in these sort of games.
It's hopeless, the melodramas of the cafe.

Wicked_Badger

This.

Under Moyes we'd have drawn or lost the game today. We're playing shit but usually picking up points which gives me hope.

There's no way that the board'll sack him. I'd say we could miss out on CL quali and he still wouldn't get sacked.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Er no, we didn't. We were generally very good away and won most of our games against the lower teams. Our problems were against the bigger teams.

Role reversal this season but let's not pretend we haven't been completely shit at times this season too.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
A) We did win today.
B) We're in fourth (the aim at the start of the season)
C) We're just two points off third.

Criticising LVG is fine but some of you guys are seriously overreacting.....

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Can someone remind me why our decision makers did not want Mourinho?
He was too arrogant, he wouldn't place faith in young stars like Januzaj and would only be successful if we were willing to spend massive amounts of money in the transfer market.

Erm....

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Without DDG we would be around Liverpools position, or lower. We are playing awful football. Better is expected at United.

SalfordRed1960

A) We did win today.

Criticising LVG is fine but some of you guys are seriously overreacting.....
This.

I can understand the annoyance of slow play and lack of creativity, but it is like a broken record for somd on here. Especially yhe BS about formations. Fergie produced absolute dross with various formations and tactics as well.

If we win it seems it is because the opposition is shit, yet the scousers scraped a 2-3 here and City drew. If teams get something from us having only 2 attempts on goal we must have been shit, and if DDG makes a couple of saves, we are lucky. It is never ending negativity.

GeneralGattuso

*sigh* really? "As bad as Moyes?" Did you miss the Fulham game? Almost makes me laugh as much as "3-5-2 doesn't work in the English League". Yeah somehow one particular formation won't work in a league. It's not really 3-5-2 that we play anyway, it's 5-3-2 as the wide players play like fullbacks not wingbacks which makes it impossible to get the ball forward - Young/Rafa are the two best players for throwing caution to the wind and pushing forward rather than looking to defend. It's not a coincidence that Young suddenly looks like a good player (he's really not) in the wingback position. He just can't/won't defend, but since teams don't seem to pick up on rushing wingbacks he gets a lot of freedom.

You can criticise LVGs plan for the team but remember Moyes had no plan for the team - he was utterly clueless. 4 at the back is more suited to the team we have than 5 but LVG is the manager and that is how he wants to play. We've had a poor run over Christmas and we are battling for 4th. The strange thing is I don't recall anyone moaning about LVGs methods when we were 3rd and looking to push on City/Chelsea rather than worrying about 4th. We have a poor run of draws and a loss and suddenly everything LVG does is wrong. I don't agree with all his decisions but I see no reason to sack him.

Mani

This for the first time in the season I felt we were shit.
Players playing out of position poor passing. No proper final ball,by the end of half time, interest in the match had gone down.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
This for the first time in the season I felt we were shit.
Players playing out of position poor passing. No proper final ball,by the end of half time, interest in the match had gone down.
I had guests at my house and had to be almost rude to keep the game on. Their moaning was worse than any you'd witness in the match day threads, and I how could I even blame them.

Viral United

Isn't it true only 2 other team win on QPR group this season?
I understand 3-5-2 is not good formation, but its look like LVG going to play this formation longer time.
If he get us 4th place, I don't have any complain.

Kakeru

Wasn't the rumour that Charlton doesn't like him and found him too arrogant.
If that's the case, Charlton was a massive fool and he greatly contributed to the mess we got in regarding the post-Fergie era. Where does he think Mourinho got that arrogance from?

soapythecat

Er no, we didn't. We were generally very good away and won most of our games against the lower teams. Our problems were against the bigger teams.

Role reversal this season but let's not pretend we haven't been completely shit at times this season too.
Agreed. We were much better on our travels last season but I guess folks bitterness towards Moyes in fact clouds their judgement on recent performances.

soapythecat

in recent games we have been completely shit....is your memory that short? Yeovil - disastrous football, Southampton - we managed to draw that last season yet didn't get a shot on target this time around, Aston Villa - we won 0-3 last season yet could only scrape a 1-1 this.
Lasr season was a disaster for this club but I fail to see how we have got better whilst spending big in the process.
We had the most misplaced passes in the league yesterday, is that the equivalent of Moyes 300 crosses v Fulham?

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Some posters here have a point. We need to play better, although all the injuries we had didn't exactly help the team build a solid chemistry, or a solid plan. LVG found a winning plan when we were missing many starters (and kudos to him for that) and now he's experimenting again with the new players he's having at his disposal. Give him time, he deserves it.

Some posters here are just lazy though. If any of you took the time to see QPR's results especially at home, they're not a bad team. They drew 2-2 with City. They even barely lost to Chelsea and Arsenal away (2-1). They do put up good performances especially against the good teams and they're solid at home. So the 2-0 win wasn't a bad result at all.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That was only QPR's third home loss of the season so definitely a good result.

Van Gaal's not helping himself, though. Playing Rooney in midfield and Di Maria up front is the type of lunatic pig-headedness that would get people sacked in a lot of other jobs. Seriously, what the feck is he thinking?

soapythecat

Some posters here have a point. We need to play better, although all the injuries we had didn't exactly help the team build a solid chemistry, or a solid plan. LVG found a winning plan when we were missing many starters (and kudos to him for that) and now he's experimenting again with the new players he's having at his disposal. Give him time, he deserves it.

Some posters here are just lazy though. If any of you took the time to see QPR's results especially at home, they're not a bad team. They drew 2-2 with City. They even barely lost to Chelsea and Arsenal away (2-1). They do put up good performances especially against the good teams and they're solid at home. So the 2-0 win wasn't a bad result at all.
This thread was started at a time in the game when we were playing so badly, it was comical. Passing was wayward, players like Rooney and Evans looked lost. DiMaria was pointless in his position. QPR were all over us and the changes needed were obvious.
Of course, to get the result there was fantastic in the end and to have it after a formation change feels even better but that first 60 minutes was woeful.
The fact the result and clean sheet comes at a ground where big teams have struggles only highLights to the potential quality in this team if they are set up to attack and play to their strengths. That is what is annoying.

buckooo1978

on the Mourinho decision who knows.... there is no viable reason why not

doesn't trust in youth? perhaps......but since Fergie left we've spent about 220 million (off top of my head) on Fellaini, Mata, Herrera, Shaw, Blind, Di Maria and Rojo while flogging Welbeck to replace him with superstar status Falcao - add a few of the other youngsters to the list of the departed

so surely that can't be the reason

only my personal opinion but part of me thinks that Fergie might have been afraid of someone eclipsing his achievements and it was almost an achievement for Fergie to pick another rabbit out of the hat in Moyes - .....you give Mourinho 220 million on top of the squad Fergie left and who knows what we would have won - i'd say we'd be in much better shape now - Mourinho is no great revolutionary tactician....just picks the right team, plays to their strengths and is a great motivator like Fergie - football is a simple game - LVG needs to realise that and play to our strengths aka 4 at the back

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If we are like this next season, then there will be reason to gripe. That would mean he has bought players to fit 3-5-2 and not a more attractive formation. At the moment I think we will have to agree that he defence is making it awkward in his mind not to go conservative in the playing style. Hopefully we will get all the players he wants to get us back to our attractive attacking style.

montpelier

3-5-2 doesn't look great, not penetrating much up top are we?

a win is a win, esp away from home

still reservations about our defence which seems to perform better statistically than it appears to on the park, DDG a factor here, probably

I can understand that people are not thrilled & overflowing with optimism when they're looking at recent games but it's a bit early-doors to descending into panic stations

vidic blood & sand

A lot of overreacting here I think.
Van Gaal didn't get time to assemble a better squad because he didn't know the strengths and weakness of the squad he'd inherit. When he realized how weak the squad was he simply opted for a few world stars and Blind. And then he tried to blend it all together with an assistant he'd never worked with before. The defense crumbled with injuries forcing him to play kids, and he opted to play 5 at the back in order to strengthen a very weak defense, and this took some getting used to. Personally I hate 3:5:2, and I think with Evans and Jones at the back he doesn't need to use this system, especially against weaker teams, but he's obviously trying to get them comfortable playing this way because he sees it as the safest way to finish in the top 4. The boring possession-but-getting-nowhere style is a safe way of playing. Defend well, score first (usually from a setpiece), score again on the counter hopefully.
This style is not Van Gaal's normal style. He usually always plays 4:3:3, but he hasn't got the type of players for this system at the moment. The defense isn't good enough, and the midfielders are not quick enough. I'm just hoping we can cling to a top 4 finish, and then watch Van Gaal seriously go to work building a proper 4:3:3 team in the summer.

Kostur

海尔的老板
3-5-2 doesn't look great, not penetrating much up top are we?

a win is a win, esp away from home

still reservations about our defence which seems to perform better statistically than it appears to on the park, DDG a factor here, probably

I can understand that people are not thrilled & overflowing with optimism when they're looking at recent games but it's a bit early-doors to descending into panic stations
Don't think it's a bit too early to be fair, biggest problem and gripe of ours is that he's consecutively making the same mistakes that are constantly spotted and mentioned by pundits, fans and so on yet he doesn't give a feck. Idiotic formation, playing players out of position, not creating chances, idiotic subs (bar yesterday really, most of the time they were woeful), lack of proper progress or visible game plan. It's getting incredibly frustrating.

It's just that there are absolutely no signs at the moment that things will change for us. Even if we manage to scrap the fourth it will hardly be down to us but rather down to other teams underperforming, although you can see that SOTON still manage to keep up their good form, dippers seem to be gaining pace and Sturridge is coming back and Arsenal are still in the race especially when Sanchez is on fire.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
All these players have their own fanbois on this board. We will probably end up hating each others over who we want on the pitch. Btw I want Mata instead of that idiot Fellaini.

Dan_F

I was really annoyed for hours after the match and I couldn't work out why, because at least we'd won. It's just really starting to piss me off that the one manager I thought wouldn't bow down to egos, is trying to shoehorn players into the team.
The 352 is obviously designed to play two strikers because he didn't want to drop any of them. The defence excuse isn't good enough, because he obviously bought Rojo in to play on the left side of a three. It was always his plan to play this formation after he used it in the World Cup.
Infact I might not be against this formation so much if we used players in the right position. A midfield three of Carrick, Herrera and Di Maria would be my choice. But no, we play Rooney in there to accommodate him, so Van Gaal doesn't have to drop RvP or Falcao. Personally I can't see those two ever playing well together, so there's some big decisions ahead. I just hope Van Gaal does what he traditionally does and drops whoever is upsetting the balance, no matter who it is.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I was really annoyed for hours after the match and I couldn't work out why, because at least we'd won. It's just really starting to piss me off that the one manager I thought wouldn't bow down to egos, is trying to shoehorn players into the team.
The 352 is obviously designed to play two strikers because he didn't want to drop any of them. The defence excuse isn't good enough, because he obviously bought Rojo in to play on the left side of a there. It was always his plan to play this formation after he used it in the World Cup.
Infact I might not be against this formation so much if we used players in the right position. A midfield three of Carrick, Herrera and Di Maria would be my choice. But no, we play Rooney in there to accommodate him, so Van Gaal doesn't have to drop RvP or Falcao. Personally I can't see those two ever playing well together, so there's some big decisions ahead. I just hope Van Gaal does what he traditionally does and drops whoever is upsetting the balance, no matter who it is.
There wouldn't be half the outrage if LVG was honest from the start and said he intended to make us play in a system like Holland's.

Bojan11

Not really. Under Moyes, we beat the awful teams away from home with ease most of the time. It was our home form and the big games were his problem.

buckooo1978

If we are like this next season, then there will be reason to gripe. That would mean he has bought players to fit 3-5-2 and not a more attractive formation. At the moment I think we will have to agree that he defence is making it awkward in his mind not to go conservative in the playing style. Hopefully we will get all the players he wants to get us back to our attractive attacking style.
you raise a good point about the players suitable for a 3-5-2 which is obviously going to require more investment - more than we think

there is an issue with the 3-5-2 at the minute in that our CBs aren't what you would call ball playing CBs like Hummels so we could end up investing there

there's the other issues associated with it like;

• slow passing build up so teams have a chance to organised defensively
  • almost all existing players look uncomfortable with it
  • Rooney and Mata haven't exactly been productive in terms of defense splitting passes - someone like David Silva is light years ahead - do we need someone like him?
  • players like Fellaini, Valencia, Jones, Fletcher and Smalling don't have the technical ability to play this style
  • players like Januzaj are wasted and he will leave if he doesn't get the opportunities he deserves after last season
  • we've one pacey forward in Wilson
  • our best passing midfield is 33/34
  • lack of variation in our attack - no width
  • a formation which has visibly wasted the talents of RVP and Falcao (so slow to build up that they have no space and about 5 defenders around them), Di Maria and Rooney (out of position for these two)
  • Falcao, Rooney, RVP and Di Maria have built reputations on being amongst the best in the world playing in systems like 4-3-3, 4-4-2 and 4-4-2 diamond so change the system seems daft to be kind
  • we're realistically going to spend another 100 million plus to bring in players more suitable taking a hit on some of he players we have
  • spend 30 million on Shaw - who isn't a wingback and will most likely sit on the bench behind Young (who in fairness has been great)
  • what about the Manchester United philosophy of fast attacking play?
  • boring for fans to watch
  • there's probably more
when you consider everything I can't think of a more unsuitable formation than 3-5-2 for our team.....

people rave about the Dutch at the World Cup (Spain aside when they were great against a Spain side who didnt get out of the group) but they were so reliant on Robben, were well organised but very predictable - watch the game against Costa Rica and it will remind you of our recent games where we've created very very little

i know a new manager comes in and tries to make a team his own but this isn't always a good thing (Guardiola at Bayern)