Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Hindsight being what it is - it's a damn shame the main event for the night isn't HHH vs. Bryan for the title ... thats the hot match, and the one that people want to see... nobody really gives two shits about Orton/Batista.

If anything, I now wouldn't against HHH getting into that main event so it's a Fatal 4-Way... In fact, I wouldn't be against him beating Bryan through dodgy means, only for Vince (or even Hogan!) to call him out on the screwy finish and put Bryan into the Main Event. Bryan can then pin HHH in the Main Event - giving all 3 of his opponents legitimate gripes going forward...
I think that's what's going to happen. Before the match Bryan beat down by Orton and Batista, Bryan tries his hardest but pinned by HHH, Hogan reverses it and puts him into the main event, Bryan pins HHH.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think that's what's going to happen. Before the match Bryan beat down by Orton and Batista, Bryan tries his hardest but pinned by HHH, Hogan reverses it and puts him into the main event, Bryan pins HHH.
Yeah that sounds like a decent idea.

In fact, I definitely hope this is the route they go down - once again, deny the crowd what they want - even if it's for a brief time - and then... when it's reversed, and finally gets the pin right at the end, the place will go nuts.

... I'm genuinely rooting for more HHH... holy shit.

Zarlak

I said ages ago, I think he's played it brilliantly. It's translated into actual legitimate hate. It's not even kayfabe booing the heel, it's actual hate in some peoples cases. You can clearly see if you look at it objectively how Bryan has been the main story for the past year. HHH has played the crowd beautifully sticking his finger up to the moaning IWC along the way.

Swearengen

I'm 19, but old skool
However it goes down, there's no way Daniel Bryan does NOT leave as the champion. They inserted him into the match to keep the crowd happy, having him lose would only make them more pissed off. The fact that we're discussing the possibilities indicates they've done a solid job building this match up. However, the same can not be said about the remaining card. Overall WM is shaping up to be very underwhelming. Even if Bryan has his moment, that's about an hour out of a four hour show. The matches will be good, but the stories surrounding them are not, therefore the quality is limited.

Zarlak

However it goes down, there's no way Daniel Bryan does NOT leave as the champion. They inserted him into the match to keep the crowd happy, having him lose would only make them more pissed off. The fact that we're discussing the possibilities indicates they've done a solid job building this match up. However, the same can not be said about the remaining card. Overall WM is shaping up to be very underwhelming. Even if Bryan has his moment, that's about an hour out of a four hour show. The matches will be good, but the stories surrounding them are not, therefore the quality is limited.
:lol: I love how you guys still cling to this. Can you not just face that you were wrong and that having Bryan as the main focal point of WWE for the past year means that it was always going to be him in the Mania main event? Rather than them dedicated a whole year to giving him the most TV time for no reason? He's not Zack Ryder. I know you guys want to feel like the WWE are scared of you but they've been laughing at you for the entire time. Every promo that HHH delivers is laughing at you because you just couldn't wait.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
:lol: I love how you guys still cling to this. Can you not just face that you were wrong and that having Bryan as the main focal point of WWE for the past year means that it was always going to be him in the Mania main event? Rather than them dedicated a whole year to giving him the most TV time for no reason? He's not Zack Ryder. I know you guys want to feel like the WWE are scared of you but they've been laughing at you for the entire time. Every promo that HHH delivers is laughing at you because you just couldn't wait.

Swearengen

I'm 19, but old skool
Ah, the anti-IWC. I know better than to get involved in a discussion with you lot. And no, the Daniel Bryan thing was not planned. Do you honestly believe they knew the crowd was going to shit all over Royal Rumble (their third biggest PPV) but went ahead with it anyway? And if so, Batista would've come back as a heel, not turn into one after three weeks.

Also you say "can you not facing that you were wrong", WHAT? What has proven we were. Rather, their plan was Batista v Orton (as the dirtsheets reported) but the crowd reaction made them change it. We may complain a lot, but all you do is complain about us complaining. You also lack the ability to criticise.

Sylar

Thats like saying WWE expected Batista to be booed and not be accepted as the top face. If Batista had been accepted, theres no way Bryan would have been added because it would be stupid to do so.

WWE lucked out but are going with it because it makes sense. This was hardly a big master plan that you are defending. But I believe there came a point that WWE realised they had to do this otherwise every show and possibly segment would have loud DB chants.

Zarlak

Ah, the anti-IWC. I know better than to get involved in a discussion with you lot. And no, the Daniel Bryan thing was not planned. Do you honestly believe they knew the crowd was going to shit all over Royal Rumble (their third biggest PPV) but went ahead with it anyway? And if so, Batista would've come back as a heel, not turn into one after three weeks.

Also you say "can you not facing that you were wrong", WHAT? What has proven we were. Rather, their plan was Batista v Orton (as the dirtsheets reported) but the crowd reaction made them change it. We may complain a lot, but all you do is complain about us complaining. You also lack the ability to criticise.
The fact that you claim Daniel Bryan has been buried when he's been the exact opposite for a year. You were wrong. You think that anything less than WWE champion is buried. If you lose a match to anyone you're buried.

The dirtsheets were reporting 6 months ago that Bryan was going to win at Mania. You forget these things when you mention dirt sheets. The dirt sheets are like Ballague. They mention every possible outcome over the course of a year and then when they're inevitably right they can point to one and dust the others under the carpet.

The dirtsheets were reporting before the Royal Rumble even happened that Batista was going to win, and that Bryan would be inserted into a triple threat match at Mania. Have you forgotten about those?

No I don't believe that the crowd was going to shit over the Royal Rumble as much as they did, but that's irrelevant as the plan was to have Bryan win at Mania anyway. It was always a long term plan. It's been talked about for almost a year but you guys can only focus on what's happened since the Rumble.

We lack the ability to criticise because you won't see what's right in front of you and it gets old after a while.

Zarlak

Thats like saying WWE expected Batista to be booed and not be accepted as the top face. If Batista had been accepted, theres no way Bryan would have been added because it would be stupid to do so.

WWE lucked out but are going with it because it makes sense. This was hardly a big master plan that you are defending. But I believe there came a point that WWE realised they had to do this otherwise every show and possibly segment would have loud DB chants.
If this was the case, then Bryan being added into the WM event in a triple threat wouldn't have been discussed in the dirtsheets from the moment that Batistas return was announced. But it was. Before the Rumble happened.

Rather than focus on the last couple of months, try focusing on the last year where Bryan has been the focal part of the story with more TV time than anyone else, building the ultimate underdog story for a long time. That doesn't happen to people getting buried.

They were hinting it way way way before Batista came back when Cena was injured and they discussed giving Bryan the 'corporate makeover.' They've been teasing making Bryan the guy in the business for a long time but it never gets acknowledged because apparantly only the Rumble is relevant because the crowd bood Batista.

Good ol' JR the most knowledgeable guy in the entire industry even told the IWC to be patient and wait because WWE knew what they were doing, but I guess the IWC are smarter than him?

Swearengen

I'm 19, but old skool

Spot on.

The fact that you claim Daniel Bryan has been buried when he's been the exact opposite for a year. You were wrong. You think that anything less than WWE champion is buried. If you lose a match to anyone you're buried.

The dirtsheets were reporting 6 months ago that Bryan was going to win at Mania. You forget these things when you mention dirt sheets. The dirt sheets are like Ballague. They mention every possible outcome over the course of a year and then when they're inevitably right they can point to one and dust the others under the carpet.

The dirtsheets were reporting before the Royal Rumble even happened that Batista was going to win, and that Bryan would be inserted into a triple threat match at Mania. Have you forgotten about those?

No I don't believe that the crowd was going to shit over the Royal Rumble as much as they did, but that's irrelevant as the plan was to have Bryan win at Mania anyway. It was always a long term plan. It's been talked about for almost a year but you guys can only focus on what's happened since the Rumble.

We lack the ability to criticise because you won't see what's right in front of you and it gets old after a while.
Who said he was being buried? I sure didn't. But clearly Bryan was never meant to be the star. After WM28 the FANS supported him by chanting "yes" and it turned into something bigger. Bryan was even pulled from the title storyline when Cena and Orton unified the belts. Then he had business with the Wyatts. From the looks of things, he was never supposed to be in the main event. A solid performer with a good spot, yes. But not THE guy.

As I recall it, the dirtsheets reported that WWE considered Bryan in the main event at WM AFTER the Royal Rumble fiasco. I don't think it was a long term plan. If so, then WWE would've known Batista would get a shit reaction, which they did not. I do strongly believe the crowd forced their hands.

Lacking ability to criticise is worse than criticising too much. And it's not right in front of us. If it was, we wouldn't be talking about it. Not everything that company does is perfect. We as fans have the right to both praise and complain. If you watch a movie, the same principle applies. At the end of the day, if someone's not happy with the product, he should complain. We got Bryan in the main event didn't we (that's the question, haha)?

Zarlak

He wasn't pulled from the storyline at all. He was just momentarily put to one side before coming right back in again. The business with the Wyatts, you mean at a time when the Wyatts were flirting with the authority? It as still an angle that allowed Bryan to be against the authority.

You say he never looked like THE guy yet 6 months ago Triple H and Stephanie were stood in a ring with him doing a promo about making him the face of the company.

And no the dirt sheets talked about Bryan in a triple threat before the RR.

And no! You didn't get Bryan in the main event. :lol: You complained for a solid year straight and then when it finally happened you took the credit. If your pull was that big, you'd have gotten Bryan in the main event a year ago. Instead WWE stuck to their guns and put him in at the time that people have been saying for god knows how long that it's the only time that makes sense, Wrestlemania. Complaining for a hundred PPVs and then when it finally happens claiming it was your pulling power just doesn't tally.

Swearengen

I'm 19, but old skool
You're just spinning every decision into their favour :lol: You don't have to like the IWC, but Jesus mate, not everything they do is long term planning (this is the company that pushes and depushes wrestlers on a weekly basis and wants us to forget about storylines left and right?) or on purpose. You mean the segments where they made Bryan look weak time after time? Yeah, I remember those segments.

Thing is, we'll never know for sure what would've happened had the crowd not hijacked the RR. For me, personally, it's quite clear Bryan would be nowhere near the main event.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
As usual the truth of the matter probably lies somewhere in the middle.
Exactly, they have just been covering all bases by bringing back Batista, they had Punk walk out after asking for his release multiple times and needed a contingency plan. They probably could have gone either way and given that it was apparent that Batista was not going to work from the get go, they were validated in going with Daniel Bryan.

Zarlak

You can't tell someone their opinion is wrong and then just replace it with yours.

PS. By partaking in these discussion you are the IWC, well played.
Of course you can. If you tell me that Mexico is a planet, I can tell you that you're wrong. You're entitled to think it, but it's still wrong.

PS. IWC stands for 'independent wrestling circuit' and it used to be used to describe the hipsters who follow the indies, only like the guys who spent ages in the indies i.e Bryan, Ambrose, Cesaro and rim them so hard because they were good in the indies like how a nerd tells you he liked Greenday before they were well known, and shun the mainstream because it's cool to do so, but somewhere along the way that became 'internet wrestling' I'd guess probably because it allowed them to say that everybody was a part of them, so it could no longer be used to laugh at them.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Of course you can. If you tell me that Mexico is a planet, I can tell you that you're wrong. You're entitled to think it, but it's still wrong.

PS. IWC stands for 'independent wrestling circuit' and it used to be used to describe the hipsters who follow the indies, only like the guys who spent ages in the indies i.e Bryan, Ambrose, Cesaro and rim them so hard because they were good in the indies like how a nerd tells you he liked Greenday before they were well known, and shun the mainstream because it's cool to do so, but somewhere along the way that became 'internet wrestling' I'd guess probably because it allowed them to say that everybody was a part of them, so it could no longer be used to laugh at them.
I'm not getting into the IWC thing, but it means Internet now, so deal with it. Nerd!

The Mexico thing is a fact, a provable fact. Prove to me that this was a great plan from WWE outside of "It's common sense ffs".

Zarlak

I'm not getting into the IWC thing, but it means Internet now, so deal with it. Nerd!

The Mexico thing is a fact, a provable fact. Prove to me that this was a great plan from WWE outside of "It's common sense ffs".
I take your point, so I'll say 'my opinion is that your opinion is wrong, based on the fact that all this shit makes sense, and your one thing does not outweight all this other stuff.'

But when the most knowledgable guy in the business talks about it, it tends to give it some credence.

JSArsenal

What is going on with the Shield?

A few weeks ago it looked like they were set to break up.

I turn my back for a minute and now they're good guys taking on Kane and the New Age Outlaws?

Why the NAO?

When did they resolve their differences?

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
What is going on with the Shield?

A few weeks ago it looked like they were set to break up.

I turn my back for a minute and now they're good guys taking on Kane and the New Age Outlaws?

Why the NAO?

When did they resolve their differences?
I believe the had a 'summit' on an episode of SmackDown. Can't quite remember how the thing with Kane started, think they took umbrage with his attitude towards them (that they're replaceable lackeys for The Authority).

JSArsenal

I believe the had a 'summit' on an episode of SmackDown. Can't quite remember how the thing with Kane started, think they took umbrage with his attitude towards them (that they're replaceable lackeys for The Authority).
Well that explains it, I haven't watched that show in years.

Question is this the first time that the Wrestlemania main event hasn't been "finalized" (in storyline that is) before the ppv itself?

Think about it, its supposed to be Batista vs Orton + 1 but we don't "know" who that plus one is going to be.

98% likely its Bryan but it could be Triple H or it could be a fatal four way. I'm trying to remember the last time they did something like this. Now there isn't only doubt as to who is walking out as champion but there's doubt as to how exactly the main event is going to go down.

Zarlak

Well that explains it, I haven't watched that show in years.

Question is this the first time that the Wrestlemania main event hasn't been "finalized" (in storyline that is) before the ppv itself?

Think about it, its supposed to be Batista vs Orton + 1 but we don't "know" who that plus one is going to be.

98% likely its Bryan but it could be Triple H or it could be a fatal four way. I'm trying to remember the last time they did something like this. Now there isn't only doubt as to who is walking out as champion but there's doubt as to how exactly the main event is going to go down.
Bret Hart.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Something definitely went screwy at The Rumble. It was a decent PPV which had an ending tagged on that meant it went down as a disaster.

All of the shows since have been a complete mess and none of the matches going into the WWE's main event of the year have had any build at all barring a match to decide who participates in the main event, to coming about of which made little sense. They advertised the hell out of Batista coming back, booked him to win the Rumble, then have since made him an irrelevant sideshow. The shield were breaking up and were being put in the spotlight for some reason, now they're not really doing anything other than make up the numbers. If this was all planned to turn out the way it has on purpose then it's hardly what I'd call genius. In fact, some people probably need to be sacked for it.

I can believe Bryan was always planned to be one of the big players at Mania because the idea that WWE have been burying him makes no sense. Every time I've watched for nearly the entire past year, he's been one of the main focuses of whatever's going on. There's no way it's all gone according to plan though. Everything's been so poorly built up over the past couple of months it's almost as if the writers are being replaced every single week or have gone on strike.

I reckon Punk leaving must have screwed a lot of the plans up.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Also, I've no ideawhat an IWC is. It sounds like an even shitter version of The Insane Clown Posse

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Am I the only one who thinks that this Punk thing is a work now?

I can see him coming back at WM and helping Bryan winning the match somehow.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think it is real. He has a new twitter account, I think. https://twitter.com/PhilBrooksMMA
I know it looks fake but he was seen wearing a t shirt that said phil brooks mma recently too. Sadly I think he wont be back to wwe soon. I hope that account is fake and he does come back. For me he is the best since Austin. He seems to have an astute understanding of what fans want and he is always changing his character to stay fresh
Err it's clearly fake.

Just read the biography ffs!

Zarlak

I think it is real. He has a new twitter account, I think. https://twitter.com/PhilBrooksMMA
I know it looks fake but he was seen wearing a t shirt that said phil brooks mma recently too. Sadly I think he wont be back to wwe soon. I hope that account is fake and he does come back. For me he is the best since Austin. He seems to have an astute understanding of what fans want and he is always changing his character to stay fresh

Wat.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I think Zarlak means that since the "pipebomb" he's been the same guy. He's not always changing his character. He's had a few characters though, thats fair to say.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I've got in pissed and I'm drinking cheap vodka and I have every intention of watching some classic promos, returns and matches to push me through to the end of this bottle of vodka. Any suggestions to guide me through?