g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Sylar

That whole PPV was booty. WWE probably thinking this will make Reigns a huge star, going against Authority, being screwed out, but it wont get him more cheers than he is getting. People actually cheered him losing the title to Sheamus rofl.

ugh, looks like I wont be watching properly until Road to WM time.

Sylar

Didn't the same happen to Daniel Bryan? He won it then HHH pedigeed him and Orton cashed in
Yep, and you know WWE are thinking "it worked for the B plus player, lets do the same with the new face" or something. Bleh.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
That whole PPV was booty. WWE probably thinking this will make Reigns a huge star, going against Authority, being screwed out, but it wont get him more cheers than he is getting. People actually cheered him losing the title to Sheamus rofl.

ugh, looks like I wont be watching properly until Road to WM time.
So for like a month then? :lol:

Sylar

I like how they made Shemus look like a joke... then made him champion :lol:

So for like a month then? :lol:
2 months :P Ill watch Rumble to WM and that will determine what ill do. Honestly, I think I was pretty much watching this year cos of Rollins as champion and New Day.
Gonna keep up with Breaking Ground, NXT and podcasts. Have stopped watching SD properly for a while now (managing to watch it in 15-20 minutes from skipping through).

I honestly am struggling to think of positives from the PPV. Takers entrance? The two Semi final matches?

Hal9000

Sheamus cash in probably makes sense, they needed another heel up at that level and a Ambrose turn has no backstory and Reigns was never going to turn.

It also leaves Ambrose and Owens to carry on what they were set up to do.

Think it will be Sheamus retains at TLC but dirty, Reigns wins at the Rumble, Lesnar clears house in the rumble, Reigns vs Sheamus rematch at Fastlane, Lesnar and Reigns again at Wrestlemania.

I don't see Sheamus being anywhere near the main event at a Wrestlemania that there trying to break attendance/viewer records with. Sheamus vs Brock match has been rumored for a whilst, but i doubt it'll be done at Wrestlemania.

JoaquinJoaquin

What a load of crap that was. I honestly feel like Vince is trying to turn people away sometimes.

He has effectively buried the Wyatt's, Paige, Neville and Roman (to a degree) in one night.

Bojan11

Sheamus cash in probably makes sense, they needed another heel up at that level and a Ambrose turn has no backstory and Reigns was never going to turn.

It also leaves Ambrose and Owens to carry on what they were set up to do.

Think it will be Sheamus retains at TLC but dirty, Reigns wins at the Rumble, Lesnar clears house in the rumble, Reigns vs Sheamus rematch at Fastlane, Lesnar and Reigns again at Wrestlemania.

I don't see Sheamus being anywhere near the main event at a Wrestlemania that there trying to break attendance/viewer records with. Sheamus vs Brock match has been rumored for a whilst, but i doubt it'll be done at Wrestlemania.
Sheamus will lose to Brock at royal rumble. Reigns will face Brock again. Owens vs Brock would be more interesting.

I expect they will do Cena vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania. I hope they do as that feud has been a long time coming. As much as I would have loved Sting facing Undertaker. I just feel Sting should quit as I do not want to see him get hurt again. Sting would have been perfect in the Wyatt feud, where he could have made the save.

Duffy

What a load of crap that was. I honestly feel like Vince is trying to turn people away sometimes.

He has effectively buried the Wyatt's, Paige, Neville and Roman (to a degree) in one night.
Yeah, the creative direction is atrocious right now.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If this was the plan, why the feck haven't they been putting more heat behind Sheamus in the past month? Our champion is now the guy who looked like an idiot earlier on in the very same PPV... brilliant stuff.

Also, why did the Reigns vs. Ambrose match end so suddenly? Spear out of nowhere? Didn't work for me at all.

Sylar

The main event was like 7 minutes. Felt very rushed, in fact the last three matches felt like the ending just came out of nowhere. The whole PPV was bleh, but normally hot endings can save a PPV and make you really want to watch the next stuff. This wasnt the case...

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

:rolleyes: None of the losses were surprising or unexpected. People were hoping WWE would go against the standard, but why act surprised if they did not?

Wyatt has survived the same numerous times. He's popular and can take this hit too. Notion of them beating BoD esp on a 25 year celebration for Taker, is just not going to happen. Nobody expected them to win, so will not be that bothered by this loss.

Same with Neville. He entertains and is popular, but has never won against big stars. Nothing out of ordinary for him.

Charlotte just won the title and Paige just turned heel. No point in making a change now. Yes, she could have lost with interference..but doesn't impact much at all. In fact I think sh should start improving her performance in the ring. The Diva's match was quite meh.

Reigns. Yesh, this could have gone either way. And Sheamus is in midst of getting a temporary push. Reigns is better off as underdog fighting against Authority. He'll win it in Rumble.

JP77

Couldn't watch as no Internet or tele as just moved house, went as expected though. I warned people on here not to get their hopes up and predicted that exact finish. They'd built it predictably, I think Sheamus was always set to become the authorities guy for a brief period even if Seth hadn't got inured.

Wouldn't say I'm massively excited but I stick by saying Sheamus is a very underrated worker and heel, interested to see how this goes.

JoaquinJoaquin

:rolleyes: None of the losses were surprising or unexpected. People were hoping WWE would go against the standard, but why act surprised if they did not?

Wyatt has survived the same numerous times. He's popular and can take this hit too. Notion of them beating BoD esp on a 25 year celebration for Taker, is just not going to happen. Nobody expected them to win, so will not be that bothered by this loss.

Same with Neville. He entertains and is popular, but has never won against big stars. Nothing out of ordinary for him.

Charlotte just won the title and Paige just turned heel. No point in making a change now. Yes, she could have lost with interference..but doesn't impact much at all. In fact I think sh should start improving her performance in the ring. The Diva's match was quite meh.

Reigns. Yesh, this could have gone either way. And Sheamus is in midst of getting a temporary push. Reigns is better off as underdog fighting against Authority. He'll win it in Rumble.
Wyatts - I don't necessarily expect them to win but they could of went against the grain some how, rather than losing in a whimper with one of the team members just vanishing. What is the point of even having the Wyatt's together now when they are the big game chokers? They can't take them any further as a group.

Neville - They could of had one of the other guys (who are less talented by far, I may add) take the fall. But yet they have Neville take the hit, for no reason whats so ever. It makes a mockery of the character, and pretty much tells you he will never get a proper decent push.

Paige - They have spent the 6-8 weeks turning her heel and making them horrid remarks last week, for what? Just to lose clean. They had Paige lose to Brie-feckin Bella, Becky Lynch and Natty in the weeks leading up to it, which made a mockery of taking her seriously. Where does Paige go from now? She is dead as a character.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Wyatts - I don't necessarily expect them to win but they could of went against the grain some how, rather than losing in a whimper with one of the team members just vanishing. What is the point of even having the Wyatt's together now when they are the big game chokers? They can't take them any further as a group.

Neville - They could of had one of the other guys (who are less talented by far, I may add) take the fall. But yet they have Neville take the hit, for no reason whats so ever. It makes a mockery of the character, and pretty much tells you he will never get a proper decent push.

Paige - They have spent the 6-8 weeks turning her heel and making them horrid remarks last week, for what? Just to lose clean. They had Paige lose to Brie-feckin Bella, Becky Lynch and Natty in the weeks leading up to it, which made a mockery of taking her seriously. Where does Paige go from now? She is dead as a character.
Wyatts are cool and popular. They'll eventually take over from Undertaker. They have a nice gig going and but there's lots wrong with the stable. For one, they are a stable but all others are feeders for Bray. They need to give enough credit to others in the team if it is to gain traction as a force. Bray needs to move out alone into the hhw belt feud.

Paige, yeah you are right...but none of the diva have a great character anyway. The 'heel turn' was a bit forced and everyone could see it coming from a mile away. Irrespective, I would be happy if this feud died away now. It's not as if Charlotte is suddenly a favourite diva. Paige will still be in the title mix and tbh, I feel more sorry for Becky/Sasha than Paige atm. They deserved better.

Neville...it's the best it's ever going to get for him as solo. I feel he's better off in a tag team with Sandow or someone. He's never going to win any belts despite being fantastic in ring.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The WWE fecked this whole Paige/Charlotte thing ages ago to be fair, the Flair comment on Monday was the nail in the coffin (pun not intended). Instead of getting people into the feud/match, it got people into how shitty the WWE can be sometimes, and people still didn't give a lick about the match/feud. Now the WWE are feeling uncomfortable about what they did on Monday and probably just want the feud to be over so they can move on to something people might actually want to see (aka Sasha Banks).... hence the clean finish.

Duffy

I think one thing was clear last night and that was that the crowd were getting what they were told, not what they wanted. Boos and cheers going against what the commentators were telling us happened on numerous occasions throughout the evening. The sooner they start giving people what they want the better cause where they are going at the moment is not working well

phelans shorts

Slightly baffled at everyone tagging me saying how great the women's match was when elsewhere the closest to praise (including from Charlotte fans) I've seen is "was like a bad indie match with a crowd that didn't care, where nothing worked and it was a total mess".

Oh well.

It's interesting that they actually followed through with the seeming political assassination of Roman Reigns. Whoever really didn't want him to be a star has completed their job, he's done for.

Duffy

Slightly baffled at everyone tagging me saying how great the women's match was when elsewhere the closest to praise (including from Charlotte fans) I've seen is "was like a bad indie match with a crowd that didn't care, where nothing worked and it was a total mess".

Oh well.

It's interesting that they actually followed through with the seeming political assassination of Roman Reigns. Whoever really didn't want him to be a star has completed their job, he's done for.
1 person (me) tagged you saying that someone should try telling you that Charlotte was wrestling well? This over exaggeration fits well with the persona.

Sylar

1 person (me) tagged you saying that someone should try telling you that Charlotte was wrestling well? This over exaggeration fits well with the persona.
Stop spoiling the gimmick, damn you! Youre exposing it...

Duffy

Remember last year when Team Authority lost at Survivor Series to put them out of power forever. Yeah...

bleezy

The commentary was beyond bad yesterday. Really, really terrible stuff.

Hal9000

Cesaro going for a shoulder surgery? Sad, if true. He could have built up some momentum.

And anyone know what happened to Darren Young and why PTP broke up?
Don't think they've broken up, as they've been doing live shows. Darren Young has been tweeting about personal issues, so maybe that's why he's not been on TV.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Watching the 4th episode of Breaking Ground now. Albert really reminds me of Kevin from The Office.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Sheamus is a great heel.

MoneyMay

Hilarious ending to Survivor Series. They've learned absolutely nothing. Instead of allowing him to grow organically, Reigns is being forced on us. He has been curated poorly. How many times has Ambrose been white hot since 2014? No matter the reaction, they refuse to pull the trigger on him. They're incapable of capitalising on over wrestlers. Daniel Bryan overcame multiple injuries to get to the top. It took hard work to get to the position, he is the embodiment of an underdog. And even then, the original plan was to never have him win the WWE title. It was a special moment. Reigns is the opposite of that. Same gear... Same entrance... Almost the same theme music. Still yet to pinned as a singles competitor. Still awful on the mic. Which isn't entirely his fault, but given his average offense and mic skills, he shouldn't be at the top at the moment. I'm not even going to get into the stupidity of having him at the top fighting Bryan, Cesaro, Ambrose, who are IWC darlings.

The frustrating thing is that 6 months of hard work from Reigns is destroyed. He was starting to get over, but Vince screwed that up prematurely which isn't surprising because it seems like he wants us to forget what happened in the past, when he should be doing the opposite. Bray Wyatt's "Anyone but you, Roman" is something to think about.

JoaquinJoaquin

Hilarious ending to Survivor Series. They've learned absolutely nothing. Instead of allowing him to grow organically, Reigns is being forced on us. He has been curated poorly. How many times has Ambrose been white hot since 2014? No matter the reaction, they refuse to pull the trigger on him. They're incapable of capitalising on over wrestlers. Daniel Bryan overcame multiple injuries to get to the top. It took hard work to get to the position, he is the embodiment of an underdog. And even then, the original plan was to never have him win the WWE title. It was a special moment. Reigns is the opposite of that. Same gear... Same entrance... Almost the same theme music. Still yet to pinned as a singles competitor. Still awful on the mic. Which isn't entirely his fault, but given his average offense and mic skills, he shouldn't be at the top at the moment. I'm not even going to get into the stupidity of having him at the top fighting Bryan, Cesaro, Ambrose, who are IWC darlings.

The frustrating thing is that 6 months of hard work from Reigns is destroyed. He was starting to get over, but Vince screwed that up prematurely which isn't surprising because it seems like he wants us to forget what happened in the past, when he should be doing the opposite. Bray Wyatt's "Anyone but you, Roman" is something to think about.
If you thought SS was poor, check out last nights Raw. Absolute crap on a stick. I think I might be done until the Royal Rumble now. I will watch the first season of Lucha Underground in the meantime, still not seen it.