Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Ole'sbodyguard

There would have been nothing wrong with Owens beating cena in the feud. That would have made a top level star automatically, a heel that the WWE badly needs. Cena would have lost nothing from it either cos hes Cena. (Not sure about this whole notion of where would he go next - theres plenty of places to take him with good storytelling).

From there, he could have then got the IC title (as he did) - hes a prizefighter after all).

WWE are in a state of having Cena/ Brock / Taker at the top.
Then older guys / legends under them.
Then a whole mass of middleness with everybody else so really wins and losses truly mean nothing. They dont have stars cos they dont focus on three or four guys to elevate, they just have everybody lose to everybody and it means nothing in the end.
The thing is Owens would not automatically have become a top star simply by going over Cena straight away. If it was that simple Reigns would have beaten Lesnar at Mania and Del Rio would now be a monster heel as well.

As for who he could feud with. The only place he could logically feud with is the top of the card and after Cena that only really leaves Reigns and Lesnar. You can't have him go from going over Cena twice to the likes of Cesaro, Ambrose or Ryback. Like I said as well it also oddly makes the developmental system look stronger than the main roster as Owens has to drop the NXT title.

Bringing in someone new and have them automatically go over the guy who has been booked stronger than anyone else for the last 10 years just hot shots him to the top with no build. It's like what WWE did with the Great Khali.

All the WWE guys who have got over and for the most part stayed over in the last 10 years are guys who were built steadily through the mid card and then into the main event from Cena, Batista, Edge, Punk, Bryan and Orton. Before them it is also the way Austin, Rock, HHH, and Shawn Micheals got over. The guys overpushed straight into the main event don't stay at the top. The only two guys who managed it where Lesnar and Angle, two very unique and legit athletes and even then Angle waited a year after his debut to be the champion.

Last edited:

JoaquinJoaquin

Am I the only one who couldn't be bothered by Breeze? I just don't find that character interesting...apart from Summer Rae ofc. He's doomed to get the Adam Rose treatment.

Expected. KO/Ambrose has the capacity to be one :drool: feud.
Yeah I think he will be jobbing in a years time ala Fandango.

The WWE really is missing a trick not having Breeze do some promotional stunt for the Zoolander 2 movie coming out.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Am I the only one who couldn't be bothered by Breeze? I just don't find that character interesting...apart from Summer Rae ofc. He's doomed to get the Adam Rose treatment.

Expected. KO/Ambrose has the capacity to be one :drool: feud.
I like the Breeze character, but I have my doubts how sustainable it is, especially on a Raw/Smackdown scale.

KO/Ambrose would be great. It has to finish with some sort of streetfight/falls count anywhere match or something that goes completely out of hand.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
WWE is better off putting in a structure around the titles as in there'll be a match between the US and IC title holders and winner will get a shot at the HW belt. If they lose, they lose the US/IC title too. Only in exceptional cases, there can be a story-line direct title shot. Gives more weightage to the lesser titles.

And the rematch clause should be scrapped. There can be no rematch unless there's been a clear cheating/interference. Every title match turns into a best of 3 is just boring.

Sylar

The thing is Owens would not automatically have become a top star simply by going over Cena straight away. If it was that simple Reigns would have beaten Lesnar at Mania and Del Rio would now be a monster heel as well.

As for who he could feud with. The only place he could logically feud with is the top of the card and after Cena that only really leaves Reigns and Lesnar. You can't have him go from going over Cena twice to the likes of Cesaro, Ambrose or Ryback. Like I said as well it also oddly makes the developmental system look stronger than the main roster as Owens has to drop the NXT title.

Bringing in someone new and have them automatically go over the guy who has been booked stronger than anyone else for the last 10 years just hot shots him to the top with no build. It's like what WWE did with the Great Khali.

All the WWE guys who have got over and for the most part stayed over in the last 10 years are guys who were built steadily through the mid card and then into the main event from Cena, Batista, Edge, Punk, Bryan and Orton. Before them it is also the way Austin, Rock, HHH, and Shawn Micheals got over. The guys overpushed straight into the main event don't stay at the top. The only two guys who managed it where Lesnar and Angle, two very unique and legit athletes and even then Angle waited a year after his debut to be the champion.
No, but comparing Owens and Khali is a huge stretch to make a point. I would have compared Owens to Brock more so, cos of popularity, ability to go in the ring, and everything else. Yes Brock worked his way in a few months through RVD, Hardys before facing Rock for the title. But with Owens, his "gimmick" is basically hes a prizefighter. By beating Cena, he essentially would have taken the prize from him, the US title.

he then becomes a fighting champion so the natural progression is him fighting the likes of Cesaro, Ambrose and others. You can easily go from him beating Cena to doing that because its storyline progression and logic playing out given his motivations. He dropped the NXT title in Japan and then lost the rematch in a ladder match which also works towards Finns favour and doesnt make Owens look stupid either if they want to tell that story.

and all the guys you mentioned, whilst the were in the midcard, they didnt go through a natural progression, they all got hot cos of a huge story / angle.
Cena = freestyler
Batista = feud with HHH
Edge = scandal with Hardy + cashing in MITB (which was shocking at the time)
Punk = pipebomb
Bryan = fans took him over the edge

WWEs problem is not making stars or having real good top guys. They wasted Cenas loss on Del Rio when Owens would pretty much be main event (whislt holding US title). Whats left for him? Well when he loses the US title either going back for it, or going after the top prize. Natural progression.

Sylar

According to several sources we have spoken to, Maddox was released due to language he used during a pre-match promo during a dark match at last night's Smackdown taping against R-Truth, specifically the phrase "cocky pr**ks."

We are told that WWE officials, upset with the language, then made the decision to issue Maddox's release.
LOOOOOOOL!

Mark_GrumpyLion

Seems like Sami Zayn is coming back soon, according to vignettes. The other one during NXT had me confused, dude with a guitar singing. No idea who it is. Overal, NXT was just very good once again.

The "Red is my least favourite colour" sign had me crack up.

phelans shorts

Seems like Sami Zayn is coming back soon, according to vignettes. The other one during NXT had me confused, dude with a guitar singing. No idea who it is. Overal, NXT was just very good once again.

I've not seen NXT yet, surprised at Sami, had heard he won't be ring ready until the new year, although in NXT terms that's one taping where he can appear and talk without doing anything so maybe he'll do a promo in London or something, I'm not expecting much new footage between then and new year.

The second sounds like 'the Drifter' Elias Sampson. He's exactly what he sounds like, plays acoustic guitar outside shows etc… as a wrestler I don't really know anything about him. I expect him to basically fill the old CJ Parker role but not as good.

Sylar

I know many people have seen this, but I always love stuff like this (and of course the crowd reaction):

Sylar

Agreed, NXT was brilliant. The whole build to Eva vs Bayley and the match had me hooked to see what they would do with the finish. They really played the crowd well imo (I avoided spoilers as well so I was wondering if they would or wouldnt put the title on Eva- the whole thing from the start of the show was done well).

Looks like the NXT Takeover in London is shaping up nicely.
Looks like we will have five matches set for it.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Agreed, NXT was brilliant. The whole build to Eva vs Bayley and the match had me hooked to see what they would do with the finish. They really played the crowd well imo (I avoided spoilers as well so I was wondering if they would or wouldnt put the title on Eva- the whole thing from the start of the show was done well).

I avoided spoilers as well, but the whole angle with the ref and Eva Marie's "fans" and ringside assistance was well played, even without any build-up.

Mark_GrumpyLion

For you UK lads: Post WM Revenge tour dates have been revealed:

Saturday, 16 April, 7:30 p.m.: Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England
Sunday, 17 April, 5 p.m.: Nottingham Capital FM Arena, Nottingham, England
Monday, 18 April, 7 p.m.: Monday Night Raw at O2 Arena, London, England
Tuesday, 19 April, 7 p.m.: SmackDown taping at O2 Arena, London, England
Tuesday, 19 April, 7:30 p.m.: Manchester Arena, Manchester, England
Wednesday, 20 April, 7:30 p.m.: Newcastle Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle, England
Wednesday, 20 April, 7:30 p.m.: The SSE Arena, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Thursday, 21 April, 7:30 p.m.: 3Arena, Dublin, Ireland
Friday, 22 April, 7:30 p.m.: Sheffield Arena, Sheffield, England
Saturday, 23 April, 7:30 p.m.: The SSE Hydro, Glasgow, Scotland

Hal9000

I've not seen NXT yet, surprised at Sami, had heard he won't be ring ready until the new year, although in NXT terms that's one taping where he can appear and talk without doing anything so maybe he'll do a promo in London or something, I'm not expecting much new footage between then and new year.

The second sounds like 'the Drifter' Elias Sampson. He's exactly what he sounds like, plays acoustic guitar outside shows etc… as a wrestler I don't really know anything about him. I expect him to basically fill the old CJ Parker role but not as good.
He's been back at the performance centre for about a month and a half, he's now advertised for the UK tour, so maybe that's where he'll clear some ring rust because putting himself in a story line return at the takeover.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

'kin racists

Sylar

Probably doing you lot a favour with the stuff they're putting out ...

Last edited:

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Watched bits of LU here and there but gonna watch it all the way through from Episode 1. Looking forward to it.

Hal9000

Not sure why we only have 5, as all takeovers, bar the first, so far have had 6. Maybe we'll get a surprise Zayn match.

The Law of Denis

So lets go through the active wwe roster

Reigns: The worst booked baby face in years, instead of allowing his talent to organically grow, they shove him down the fans throats to terrible and uninteresting results.

Sheamus: A fantastic wrestler who has been made to look like an idiot since winning the Money in the Bank, making him look like a very non threatening champion.

Ambrose: The spokesperson of the Shield and lunatic who never actually does anything crazy and who has never won a relevant singles feud.

Barret: Got asked to stop his BNB deal when it was going over, was given a bone by winning the King of the Ring and then reduced to jobber status.

Rusev: The monster heel, rode a tank to wrestlemania, lost to cena and then engaged in the worst angle in years vs Ziggler.

Del Rio: Resign a former world champion and a very good wrestler coming off a hot year, give him a god-awful "mexiamerica" gimmick.

Wyatts: Tried to convert Bryan; failed. Tried to convert Cena, failed. Tried to convert Ambrose/Reigns, failed. Tried to convert Brothers of Destruction, failed.

Ownes: Actually booked relatively decently, could have reached god-tier by beating Cena but lost instead.

Sting: Comes back to put Triple H over and randomly lose to Rollins.

Divas Revolution: Call up NXT divas, have feuds not even 1/1000th as good.

Cesaro: argh.

What the ever loving feck are they doing in there.

Last edited:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
So lets go through the active wwe roster

Reigns: The worst booked baby face in years, instead of allowing his talent to allegorically grow, they shove him down the fans throats to terrible and uninteresting results.
Sorry but :lol:

Think you meant 'organically' mate :D

JoaquinJoaquin

Won't be going. Went to the Newcastle house show 2 weeks ago and the lineup was dire, I know injuries didn't help but they clearly didn't give a crap.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Read about this the other day. Once I saw it posted on here earlier my first thought was "it's just a matter of time before Phelan is on here with his ITK act". And what do you know :lol:
He did say so though...

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Yeah, must have been pretty hard to have guessed as there was only every wrestling site on the internet reporting the same thing :lol:
Your just a jabronie mark without a life that doesn't know its a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot, mark.

phelans shorts

Yeah, must have been pretty hard to have guessed as there was only every wrestling site on the internet reporting the same thing :lol:
Everywhere was reporting WWE sold the story and the heat was for getting engaged. I corrected that. I got a load of comments calling me out for being wrong. Turns out, I wasn't. Unsurprisingly.