Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Bray Wyatt's pretty cool.

I haven't been watching too much but they seem to be wasting both him and Cena on some kind of pointless unexplained fued. Just because you give a wrestler a weird hobo man gimmick, doesn't mean he can just randomly start fueds without there needing to be any logic or build up behind it.

Also, they are very much deluded enough to have Batista and Orton as a title match. They closed with an almost impressively dull Rock/Cena love in last year to the disgust of everyone, and were so aware of the fallout they officially awared it match of the year.
There is logic to Bray, his goal is to take down "the machine", John Cena epitomises what that is.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
There is logic to Bray, his goal is to take down "the machine", John Cena epitomises what that is.
Cool...but then why when he first turned up did he just randomly start beating up Kane?

Also his feud with Daniel Brian started because he just randomly started beating Brian up...and I'm sure he did the same with two or three other people.

You always had weird characters or people who wanted to bring down the machine...Undertaker had that whole phase of trying to bring down Vince McMahons machine by following the wishes of "the chosen one" (who turned out to be Vince McMahon).

The feuds back in the day used to be so much less lazy in their build up than they are now. Well, apart from when Kane feuded with Jericho because he spilt coffee on him...or that time Kane spent about a month fighting against another Kane who just randomly turned up one day and then fecked off again without ever bothering to explain themselves.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I suppose, in my opinion anyway.

The new scary guy wanted to get the old scary guy.
The Bryan stuff was about recruitment, and he always reiterated that they would take down the machine together.
The Shield, the hounds of justice, in my mind that made sense still.

Then they just kinda left a trail of bodies the rest of the way.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Batista worked as a heel on Smackdown against Dolph Ziggler... which surely means they're planning a change to the main event at Mania. I imagine Bryan will almost certainly be doing double duty...

The only problem I can see is, if it's Bryan vs. HHH, surely that'll have to be early on the card if he's going to fight in the main event too (like Owen vs. Bret at WM10)... and would HHH really want to curtain jerk Wrestlemania?!

Also, I don't think there is a wrestler where the enjoyment I get out of them as a heel/face differs as much as with Batista. He's a terrible, terrible face (both in character, and having to sell for someone) and conversly, did some great stuff as an self-centered, egotistical heel.

Minkaro

NXT Arrival is on tonight. On the network, but I imagine certain people will be broadcasting it on certain websites.

Bo Dallas vs. Adrian Neville in a ladder match for the NXT Championship
Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn
Paige vs. Emma for the NXT Women's Championship

I think the New Age Outlaws are supposed to be there too, so maybe they'll face The Ascension, in a tag champs vs. tag champs thing (non-title)? I certainly hope there's more than three matches on.

Silva

The only match I'm looking forward to is Cesaro vs. Zayn, I'd rather they gave that an hour than fill the card with pointless crap. The outlaws are boring, they've had their nostalgia, time for them to retire IMO.

Last edited:

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
The only match I'm looking forward to is Cesaro vs. Zayn, I'd rather they gave that an hour than fill the card with pointless crap. The outlaws are boring, they've had their nostalgia, time of them to retire IMO.
Paige vs Emma??

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I haven't seen enough to either to have an opinion. I like Emma's naive/clumsy thing though, she's the only female wrestler who stands out as being different.
If its as good as the original title match it shall be a classic.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
The only match I'm looking forward to is Cesaro vs. Zayn, I'd rather they gave that an hour than fill the card with pointless crap. The outlaws are boring, they've had their nostalgia, time for them to retire IMO.
Yeah, about the same, only interesting sounding thing there is Cesaro/Zayn.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
You're all shit. Bo vs Neville will be good, the divas will be good, and anything else will be good (unless it involves Corey Graves)

JP77

Aye, PPV should be awesome. All three of those matches should be quality. Got an early start in the morning so I'll probably catch it on Saturday as it'll be straight on the Network anyway.

Minkaro

I'm watching it right now. Just finished the Cesaro/Zayn match. Absolutely incredible. They have great chemistry together, would love to see a main roster feud, maybe a couple of years down the line.

MoneyMay

Angle Talks WWE Return?

Kurt AngleTake this for what it's worth, as nothing has been confirmed by WWE, TNA or Kurt Angle, but WZ received two separate correspondences from readers in attendance at today's Arnold Classic in Columbus, Ohio, and they noted Kurt Angle was telling people he will be returning to WWE in September.

Angle's current TNA deal is set to expire in September of this year, and barring any no-compete clause in his contract he would be able to return to WWE at that time. Angle has been more open in interviews lately about the idea of returning to WWE and finishing his career there, and he has even talked about who he'd like to face in WWE should he make a return.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
#hijackraw. Should be interesting in Chicago
If they are just going to chant for CM Punk through the whole thing, it pretty much ruins it for everyone.

It's both great and awful how much difference the audience can to a pro wrestling show.

I think some else said it earlier but if they don't play CM Punks music and have Barrett come out "I've got some bad news" then they are totally missing a trick. Having him come out and slag off the local sports team is utter garbage.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
If they are just going to chant for CM Punk through the whole thing, it pretty much ruins it for everyone.

It's both great and awful how much difference the audience can to a pro wrestling show.

I think some else said it earlier but if they don't play CM Punks music and have Barrett come out "I've got some bad news" then they are totally missing a trick. Having him come out and slag off the local sports team is utter garbage.
That Barret coming out to Punk's music is epic. They should go to their archives and look at how the Rock managed to turn the crowd's boos in his favour.

Silva

Watched arrival. Zayn/Cesaro was brilliant again. The women's match was boring and overhyped IMO. The ladder match was lackluster.

Also, Meltzer claims Punk might be back tomorrow. Which really is a completely redundant thing to say because if he does come back, it'd be tomorrow.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Meltzer always likes to use words like "might", "could" and "maybe" ... he's a genius at covering for himself.

JSArsenal

Watched arrival. Zayn/Cesaro was brilliant again. The women's match was boring and overhyped IMO. The ladder match was lackluster.

Also, Meltzer claims Punk might be back tomorrow. Which really is a completely redundant thing to say because if he does come back, it'd be tomorrow.
Who is Meltzer and how would he know?

IF punk does come back, I suppose the main event could be Punk vs Orton vs Batista but I highly doubt that he is coming back.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
That Barret coming out to Punk's music is epic. They should go to their archives and look at how the Rock managed to turn the crowd's boos in his favour.
This would be both hilarious and also likely result in the arena being burnt down.

MJJ

This! They missed an opportunity with the 30th entry for RR but should deffo. do this. Even if Punk is coming back, have Barret do it first.

Ole'sbodyguard

Who is Meltzer and how would he know?

IF punk does come back, I suppose the main event could be Punk vs Orton vs Batista but I highly doubt that he is coming back.
Dave Meltzer runs the Wrestling Observer. I suppose he's a wrestling journalist and he has said from the start Punk would be back for Mania(i.e. that his leaving was agreed).

Meltzer has been wrong plenty of times in the past but he's probably the most reputable source in an area which is full of bullshit. He's been featuring on Stone Cold's podcast when he does the phone questions from fans.

JSArsenal

Dave Meltzer runs the Wrestling Observer. I suppose he's a wrestling journalist and he has said from the start Punk would be back for Mania(i.e. that his leaving was agreed).

Meltzer has been wrong plenty of times in the past but he's probably the most reputable source in an area which is full of bullshit. He's been featuring on Stone Cold's podcast when he does the phone questions from fans.
Feels like the summer transfer window, guess we'll have to wait and see what really happens on Monday Night. To add on to the Barrett thing, let people feel that Punk is really returning, main event Orton-Batista stare off. Cult of personality starts to play....., "I'm afraid I've got some bad news." Raw ends.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Reports Punk will return in Chicago tomorrow night, that would be awesome, imagine the pop in a random situation but imagine for a second, Bryan finally gets his "fair one-on-one" title shot on Raw tomorrow night, the authority is all over the show after a ref bump, people getting involved left right and center ala Foley V Rock, Punk jumps from the crowd, hits a GTS on Orton, Bryan pins for the win - sets up Punk vs HHH, Bryan, Orton, Batista Triple Threat perfectly for Mania...writes itself and imagine that pop.

Never gonna happen.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Imagine Punk came back and screwed Bryan. Smark explosion.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
If Punk returns tonight (and I'm still not majorly convinced) and magically inserts himself into the title match, then I can't say I'll be overly impressed.

The Chicago crowd would obviously love it, but it doesn't really make sense from a story perspective, nor is it what the majority want to see (which is Bryan winning it).

I'm still convinced Wrestlemania has to go off the air with the crowd chanting YES along with Bryan, thats an image to remember.

If anything - should Punk come back tonight - it should be to interfere in a match between Bryan and Kane, or even Triple H, which had a title shot stip attached to it.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
If Punk returns tonight (and I'm still not majorly convinced) and magically inserts himself into the title match, then I can't say I'll be overly impressed.

The Chicago crowd would obviously love it, but it doesn't really make sense from a story perspective, nor is it what the majority want to see (which is Bryan winning it).

I'm still convinced Wrestlemania has to go off the air with the crowd chanting YES along with Bryan, thats an image to remember.

If anything - should Punk come back tonight - it should be to interfere in a match between Bryan and Kane, or even Triple H, which had a title shot stip attached to it.
Well, he did kinda get screwed by the authority in the royal rumble, so getting a title shot could make sense. It's a shame that Bryan wont get that wrestlemania moment, and I can't see Trips putting him over either.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Punk doesn't deserve to main even WM this year anyway, he's been shit with ages. Not that Batista does either. Tbf, Orton has been very good, didn't think he'd be good enough to be one of the focal points, but he's nailing it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Punk doesn't deserve to main even WM this year anyway, he's been shit with ages. Not that Batista does either. Tbf, Orton has been very good, didn't think he'd be good enough to be one of the focal points, but he's nailing it.
He has. It's annoying that he'll get a God-like reaction tonight despite this and his character is stale too.

He'll come back and do his rebellious "I don't like authority figures" shtick that he's been doing since the pipebomb promo.