Thomas Frank | Brentford Manager

Djemba-Djemba

"I thought we played realy well and deserved more against one of the biggest clubs in the world. You just have to look at their bench and the players they were missing to see the difference in resources but I'm proud of my team".

Just say that if you really want to whinge without being a total bellend.
Yeah that kind of thing would usually be said and everyone would say fair enough. They were the better side last night for the first half and probably should have been winning by half time.

I struggle to think of a manager having such a temper tantrum after a game with no dodgy goals or penalties or sending offs.

Bizarre.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
When you lose your cup final 1-3 these kind of comments are expected. They'll always have the "smashed United 0-0 in the first half" trophy to hold on to though
They'll probably release that first half on bluray, and maybe even a bit of the second.

Credits will roll and some triumphant music will start playing at the second Fred whips the ball to Elanga.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He's seen United's woes and tribulations plus the first half we had, and really fancied his chances of smashing us last night. To have De Gea keep us in the game, and then his team fatigue and us take the initiative in the second half, and then capitalise, has clearly broken him, temporarily, at least.

A game slipping away with goal after goal after you thought it was only a matter of time until your side would make the breakthrough, has gotten under his skin, us also being the biggest scalp in the country, still, adds up to him spending lotto money before seeing the turnaround during the draw for it.

In other words, the bubble reality in his head was burst and he was still too far in his emotions about that to have gone on camera and not made a fool of himself.
Wish I could give this post a like. Exactly my feeling on it too. He obviously really fancied his chances against us before the game. Hopefully this kind of thing can spur our squad on to stop letting teams dominate us like they did in the first half.

Ole90+3

We had 68% possession in the first half. They had a few good counters and 3 shots on target, and should probably have been ahead at the break. It wasn't the battering he speaks of though
Should have probably been ahead? They should have scored at least 2 but could have been 3 or 4 if they didn’t love hitting the ball at De Gea’s legs so much.
Our possession counted for dick…if possession meant anything then LVG would still be here.

Point is, the only reason we were still in the game at HT is Brentford’s god awful finishing and De Gea being De Gea.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Bloody hell, he is overrating himself and his team now.
He will most likely choose the first half with DdG’s heroic saves as a trailer for his club’s potential Amazon documentary “BigUnited not so big when playing SmallBrentford”

Ixion

They had that manic 5 minute spell on 10 minutes and a counter attack later on. He is really talking shite to suggest only Liverpool have battered us more than that, we had the ball and did nothing with it for the majority of the half.

Corridor of Uncertainty

I didn't realise it was some sort of footballing injustice to have a good goalkeeper in brilliant form.

feck off salty bitter bastard.

romufc

Should have probably been ahead? They should have scored at least 2 but could have been 3 or 4 if they didn’t love hitting the ball at De Gea’s legs so much.
Our possession counted for dick…if possession meant anything then LVG would still be here.

Point is, the only reason we were still in the game at HT is Brentford’s god awful finishing and De Gea being De Gea.
Isn't why he is paid 375k a week?

If Strikers are paid to put the ball in the back of the net, a keeper is also paid to keep the ball out.

The poster is talking about the comments, it was not a battering like he says. Their best chances were from our corners, that is not battering a team.

Liverpool battered us, they were all over us, there is a difference.

b82REZ

Manager of team talks up the performance shocker.

Plenty of managers eulogise their teams after losses. He may have been hyperbolic but this nothing more than him trying to keep morale up. They did perform well in the first half.

They've had a worrying amount of losses and they'll certainly be looking over their shoulder now as they slide down the table.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Wow a lot of sensitive posters on here - seems like Thomas has really got under your skin and living in your heads rent free.

The guy is passionate about his team and obviously incredibly frustrated that we didn't take our chances and United were clinical with theirs.....apart from that Fernandes one at the end :lol: The xg for the game that I have seen has it 2.87 to 2.19 in Brentford's favour and I am sure that added to his frustration. I mean let's face it United didn't totally dominate the game or completely outplay us so not sure what you expect him to say. We have some important games coming up and he is looking to galvanise the team and the fans and remind everyone of the facts - little old Brentford with a tiny budget just gave one of the biggest teams in the world a really good game and probably deserved more than a 3-1 defeat.

Also the comment on Sancho no way he was having a dig at him for missing the game due to attending a funeral - I mean how would have known that anyway, I had not seen that reported anywhere myself. It was a comment on the different world's we operate in you can have a £70 odd million player out of the team but still field Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Rashfors, Greenwood etc...

Anyway stay classy lads all the snidey comments on here about his appearance and mental state hardly befitting of the United fans who were actually at the game who were class and respectful. Well done to them for joining in the 67th minute's applause for Brentford fan who passed away recently. Have to say also the loudest away end so far.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

They'd an Xg of 1.15 so should have went in 1-0 up the break. It's not like they were missing penalties, open nets or had goals VAR'd out . We had loads of the ball and a decent control of a game. Liverpool was a battering, this was far from it.

Crimson King

Wow a lot of sensitive posters on here - seems like Thomas has really got under your skin and living in your heads rent free.

The guy is passionate about his team and obviously incredibly frustrated that we didn't take our chances and United were clinical with theirs.....apart from that Fernandes one at the end :lol: The xg for the game that I have seen has it 2.87 to 2.19 in Brentford's favour and I am sure that added to his frustration. I mean let's face it United didn't totally dominate the game or completely outplay us so not sure what you expect him to say. We have some important games coming up and he is looking to galvanise the team and the fans and remind everyone of the facts - little old Brentford with a tiny budget just gave one of the biggest teams in the world a really good game and probably deserved more than a 3-1 defeat.

Also the comment on Sancho no way he was having a dig at him for missing the game due to attending a funeral - I mean how would have known that anyway, I had not seen that reported anywhere myself. It was a comment on the different world's we operate in you can have a £70 odd million player out of the team but still field Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Rashfors, Greenwood etc...

Anyway stay classy lads all the snidey comments on here about his appearance and mental state hardly befitting of the United fans who were actually at the game who were class and respectful. Well done to them for joining in the 67th minute's applause for Brentford fan who passed away recently. Have to say also the loudest away end so far.
It was still a totally unnecessary thing to say. I'm sure he didn't know about the funeral, but that doesn't excuse dragging a struggling young player unnecessarily into the limelight even more than has been done so already.

I've watched Brighton completely outplay teams with far more resources than them this season, and more often than not come away without any points to show for it. Don't think I've seen Potter be so snide in his post match interviews though.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Why are some acting as if goalkeepers making a save is a new phenomena? Should of, could of, would of. They didn't score and you don't deserve anything just because you created a chance.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

So your manager is allowed to be a cnut but we aren’t?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Nobody knew he hated United until it came through pretty clear last night. I like Brentford and hope you stay up. I reckon you will be fine. Super interested to see what else they dig up on the market this summer.

SER19

In the cold light of day his little meltdown was embarrassing. Snide comment after snide comment, but naturally no David v goliath tears when they faced city.

They had 32% possession in first half and 2 good chances on counter. Were more aggressive than we were but that doesn't win games. They lost 3 1 with a late consolation and fernandes missed a sitter and the guy is acting like hes managing American Samoa to a last gasp world cup final loss to Brazil.

If he's going to be a moany bitch about difference in club size then be consistent

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
So your manager is allowed to be a cnut but we aren’t?
Pure "whataboutery" at it's absolute best - point to where Thomas Frank criticises people's appearance or questions their mental health? You don't like what he said fair enough - it wasn't meant for United fan's on an internet forum anyway - no need to be snidey about the way he looks or suggest he is unhinged though is there?

I have no issue with you disagreeing with what he has said at all - fill your boots....

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Pure "whataboutery" at it's absolute best - point to where Thomas Frank criticises people's appearance or questions their mental health? You don't like what he said fair enough - it wasn't meant for United fan's on an internet forum anyway - no need to be snidey about the way he looks or suggest he is unhinged though is there?

I have no issue with you disagreeing with what he has said at all - fill your boots....
I get where you're coming from, but at the end of the day, he behaved like a twat and gets called out for it

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Then he hasn't seen our games over the last few seasons. A lot of teams destroy us, it's nothing special.
We get battered every week. We get battered every week. You're nothing special. We get battered every week.

Kaos

If Dalot scored his worldie (which was an inch away) and Bruno didn't go for that silly audacious chip at the end it would have been 5-1. This bitter cretin needs to pipe down.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
In the cold light of day his little meltdown was embarrassing. Snide comment after snide comment, but naturally no David v goliath tears when they faced city.

They had 32% possession in first half and 2 good chances on counter. Were more aggressive than we were but that doesn't win games. They lost 3 1 with a late consolation and fernandes missed a sitter and the guy is acting like hes managing American Samoa to a last gasp world cup final loss to Brazil.

If he's going to be a moany bitch about difference in club size then be consistent
Well tbh mate City were far better than United at controlling the game and while we gave a decent defensive performance we offered nothing going forward. Last night we had plenty of chances to take something from the game but didn't. I know it's natural for fans to feel victimised when it's about their own team but you are stretching for something that isn't there - it's simply not an ABU situation, in the example you give City were far far better than United. I am not City fan boy by the way to clarify, I don't like them at all and Pep even less.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'd say Brentford were even more unlucky, or at least on par, to lose against Chelsea. The outburst just seems like it's exactly that, an outburst. Cool, it happens in the heat of things but he still comes across very bitter and a sore loser.

Last edited:

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
I get where you're coming from, but at the end of the day, he behaved like a twat and gets called out for it
Well I am not sure I agree he behaved like a twat :) but then again he is my manager and a very likeable chap if you ever get the pleasure of meeting him :D

What I would say, like most Brentford fans, he must have been feeling incredibly frustrated at what felt like an opportunity lost and was therefore looking to galvanise that feeling into something for everyone to rally around. Yes his comments were a little over the top but we need to take any advantages we can when we can.

saivet

When I saw his quotes, I honestly thought they were made up. Understand he was frustrated given the first half but those comments are extremely bitter as his comments would make you think we celebrated as if we won the league or got a number of questionable refereeing decisions.

Glorio

Well I am not sure I agree he behaved like a twat :) but then again he is my manager and a very likeable chap if you ever get the pleasure of meeting him :D

What I would say, like most Brentford fans, he must have been feeling incredibly frustrated at what felt like an opportunity lost and was therefore looking to galvanise that feeling into something for everyone to rally around. Yes his comments were a little over the top but we need to take any advantages we can when we can.
He behaved like an idiot though.

SER19

Well tbh mate City were far better than United at controlling the game and while we gave a decent defensive performance we offered nothing going forward. Last night we had plenty of chances to take something from the game but didn't. I know it's natural for fans to feel victimised when it's about their own team but you are stretching for something that isn't there - it's simply not an ABU situation, in the example you give City were far far better than United. I am not City fan boy by the way to clarify, I don't like them at all and Pep even less.

That's hardly the point is it? He either has an issue with money gulf or he doesn't and if that gulf makes it so that can't even compete like versus city, isn't that worse? There's no consistency to his point. He was having a strop, nothing more. Poor loser.

justsomebloke

A little over the top, yes. It's not often you hear managers claim there is no doubt whatsoever their team deserved to win after allowing 3 goals against in a single half, probably because most managers prefer to not look like fools. :) Also, there might have been some other reasons than luck behind Brentford not scoring in the first half. Such as Brentford's finishing.

I like him generally though, and of course he tries to take some positives away from this (and also there are quite a lot of positives to take). But if you say stuff like this, you will get ridiculed, and rightly so.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Any opposition manager who acts like he did gets the same treatment on here, Rodgers, Klopp, Mourinho, Wenger, Bentiez etc ... the list goes on and on, it was an indirect attack at the club we support and you're on a forum dedicated to said team. Solskjaer was often the point of ridicule on many other boards across the internet for his appearance, that's just how football fans are. He made a prat of himself being a sore loser, people are gonna take the piss on the internet through any verbal way available to them.

Maybe if he hadn't decided to reference a player who was absent for a funeral, people wouldn't have taken so poorly to his comments. If he didn't know the reason, then just don't comment and he could save himself the embarrassment. I don't buy that it was a commentary on the financial disparity between the clubs at all, it was an unnecessary swipe that's ended up making him look like a tool.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Any opposition manager who acts like he did gets the same treatment on here, Rodgers, Klopp, Mourinho, Wenger, Bentiez etc ... the list goes on and on, it was an indirect attack at the club we support and you're on a forum dedicated to said team. Solskjaer was often the point of ridicule on many other boards across the internet for his appearance, that's just how football fans are. He made a prat of himself being a sore loser, people are gonna take the piss on the internet through any verbal way available to them.

Maybe if he hadn't decided to reference a player who was absent for a funeral, people wouldn't have taken so poorly to his comments. If he didn't know the reason, then just don't comment and he could save himself the embarrassment. I don't buy that it was a commentary on the financial disparity between the clubs at all, it was an unnecessary swipe that's ended up making him look like a tool.
Then it's clear and obvious you don't know the man at all but like you say you are just protecting your own.