Thomas Frank | Brentford Manager

Nicklas

Yeah, what was that all about, changing our system while getting “smashed” against this small team? Behave, Ralf.

MattJ166

It's hilarious reading the few well meaning messages at the start of this thread and then the rest after yesterday's game :lol::lol:

Can't quite work out why a manager is struggling to comprehend why a team changed their tactics after getting "Destroyed 0-0" in the first half. Seems like an odd bloke but I do like the way Brentford play so there is that

Seeing his true colours now he isn’t getting the same praise after their good start.

Still doing very well, don’t ruin it by being bitter Tommy.

It would be great if more teams destroyed us 1-3 :D
:lol: :lol:

RedCurry

He knows the exact amount of Sancho’s transfer. He didn’t say 70m or 75m. He says 72m.

I am just laughing at the thought of Tom Frank angrily googling Sancho’s transfer fee to make a little quip in post match interview. That showed us.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He knows the exact amount of Sancho’s transfer. He didn’t say 70m or 75m. He says 72m.

I am just laughing at the thought of Tom Frank angrily googling Sancho’s transfer fee to make a little quip in post match interview. That showed us.
We paid £73m I think. Doubt the fella googled it. Just remembered reading a number somewhere.

CraftySoAndSo

The Sancho comment was out of line, he might not of known about the funeral but the logical conclusion you come to if he's not in the squad is he's injured or ill. You don't automatically assume we've completely dropped him from the squad.

IRELANDUNITED

Never really cared for them, will keep an eye out for them now and smile when they lose again.

AgentSmith

Christ, that Sancho comment is seriously distasteful.

The rest are the usual bad loser style ranting that we’ve all seen Klopp or Pep engage in, but the Sancho one fully crossed the line given the circumstances. Of course I doubt Frank realised the actual reason for the absence but he should apologise for it nonetheless.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I doubt he knew about the funeral stuff regarding Sancho and it isn't about the player himself, it's about United. Do agree he could have worded it or gone about it better though.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
"I thought we played realy well and deserved more against one of the biggest clubs in the world. You just have to look at their bench and the players they were missing to see the difference in resources but I'm proud of my team".

Just say that if you really want to whinge without being a total bellend.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I doubt he knew about the funeral stuff regarding Sancho and it isn't about the player himself, it's about United. Do agree he could have worded it or gone about it better though.
Even if it wasn't funeral, it was dick move to name a player like that. He could have just said ManUtd have one of the most expensive squad instead of naming Sancho for no reason.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Even if it wasn't funeral, it was dick move to name a player like that. He could have just said ManUtd have one of the most expensive squad instead of naming Sancho for no reason.
Agree, but his side has just dropped 3 points in a game where they could have won if they made the most of their first half performance, it's understandable he's fired up. Most people say silly things when they're of high emotion.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Agree, but his side has just dropped 3 points in a game where they could have won if they made the most of their first half performance, it's understandable he's fired up. Most people say silly things when they're of high emotion.
Yeah agreed. Anyways sometimes it's good to see these interviews with emotions rather than talking like robots.

littlepeasoup

If a match of football was only 45 minutes, you'd have still drawn 0-0 you bitter cretin. :lol:

The best part is him chatting about how much we played for a player, but it's three academy lads who scored our goals.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I liked him up until now. His interview after games were interesting and very candid. What he said yesterday was incredibly bitter though. A bit pathetic from him.

KennyBurner

What happened to being a professional? What about this loss was so unexpected? They are not threatened by relegation so why was he so annoyed?

Ladron de redcafe

What actuates a manager to lose his cool this way after a deserved loss? It isn't as if Brentford and United are rivals or that this was a high stakes match. He seemed genuinely bitter, as though he'd lost a fortune betting on the match.

Odd comments by a manager.

Grande

To be honest, if I had to choose between an emotional Thomas Frank plus a stoic redcafé, or the other way around, it would be an easy choice.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He's seen United's woes and tribulations plus the first half we had, and really fancied his chances of smashing us last night. To have De Gea keep us in the game, and then his team fatigue and us take the initiative in the second half, and then capitalise, has clearly broken him, temporarily, at least.

A game slipping away with goal after goal after you thought it was only a matter of time until your side would make the breakthrough, has gotten under his skin, us also being the biggest scalp in the country, still, adds up to him spending lotto money before seeing the turnaround during the draw for it.

In other words, the bubble reality in his head was burst and he was still too far in his emotions about that to have gone on camera and not made a fool of himself.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I could understand his reaction if we fluked a winner in the 97th minute, but we completely outplayed them in the second half.

Weird comments from a weird individual.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
They had 3 or 4 very good chances, but they didn't take them. They hardly 'smashed' us. They had a good 10-15 minute spell in the first half, but couldn't sustain it.

He likely wasn't to know, but it's none of his business why Sancho wasn't in the team, nor how much he cost. Not sure why he's bringing money into it at all when 3 academy graduates won the game.

crossy1686

career ending
I could understand his reaction if we fluked a winner in the 97th minute, but we completely outplayed them in the second half.

Weird comments from a weird individual.
When you lose your cup final 1-3 these kind of comments are expected. They'll always have the "smashed United 0-0 in the first half" trophy to hold on to though