Thomas Frank | Brentford Manager

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wow a lot of sensitive posters on here - seems like Thomas has really got under your skin and living in your heads rent free.

The guy is passionate about his team and obviously incredibly frustrated that we didn't take our chances and United were clinical with theirs.....apart from that Fernandes one at the end :lol: The xg for the game that I have seen has it 2.87 to 2.19 in Brentford's favour and I am sure that added to his frustration. I mean let's face it United didn't totally dominate the game or completely outplay us so not sure what you expect him to say. We have some important games coming up and he is looking to galvanise the team and the fans and remind everyone of the facts - little old Brentford with a tiny budget just gave one of the biggest teams in the world a really good game and probably deserved more than a 3-1 defeat.

Also the comment on Sancho no way he was having a dig at him for missing the game due to attending a funeral - I mean how would have known that anyway, I had not seen that reported anywhere myself. It was a comment on the different world's we operate in you can have a £70 odd million player out of the team but still field Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Rashfors, Greenwood etc...

Anyway stay classy lads all the snidey comments on here about his appearance and mental state hardly befitting of the United fans who were actually at the game who were class and respectful. Well done to them for joining in the 67th minute's applause for Brentford fan who passed away recently. Have to say also the loudest away end so far.
This is such a cliche response. His attitude after the game was odd and he can say all the things you said in the first paragraph without being disrespectful. He seemed genuinely pissed off at us for changing formation and trying to beat them. It was weird.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
This is such a cliche response. His attitude after the game was odd and he can say all the things you said in the first paragraph without being disrespectful. He seemed genuinely pissed off at us for changing formation and trying to beat them. It was weird.
You're right I take that back - was just surprised at the name calling and weird comments on his appearance and mental health.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You're right I take that back - was just surprised at the name calling and weird comments on his appearance and mental health.
Nice to see somebody actually change opinion! Agreed about the insults unrelated to football.

For what it's worth I've found him to be really refreshing this season and an interesting person to listen to. Which made it all the more jarring seeing him like that yesterday.

romufc

Wow a lot of sensitive posters on here - seems like Thomas has really got under your skin and living in your heads rent free.

The guy is passionate about his team and obviously incredibly frustrated that we didn't take our chances and United were clinical with theirs.....apart from that Fernandes one at the end :lol: The xg for the game that I have seen has it 2.87 to 2.19 in Brentford's favour and I am sure that added to his frustration. I mean let's face it United didn't totally dominate the game or completely outplay us so not sure what you expect him to say. We have some important games coming up and he is looking to galvanise the team and the fans and remind everyone of the facts - little old Brentford with a tiny budget just gave one of the biggest teams in the world a really good game and probably deserved more than a 3-1 defeat.

Also the comment on Sancho no way he was having a dig at him for missing the game due to attending a funeral - I mean how would have known that anyway, I had not seen that reported anywhere myself. It was a comment on the different world's we operate in you can have a £70 odd million player out of the team but still field Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Rashfors, Greenwood etc...

Anyway stay classy lads all the snidey comments on here about his appearance and mental state hardly befitting of the United fans who were actually at the game who were class and respectful. Well done to them for joining in the 67th minute's applause for Brentford fan who passed away recently. Have to say also the loudest away end so far.
The thing is, this is not the first time we have been outplayed this season, so for Thomas Frank to come out like that is almost like he put a special performance against a really special team.

Watford have beaten us 4-1 so clearly we are rubbish really.

Brentford play really good football, he set them up well and we lost a 2-0 lead against Villa, so any team which is so fragile, will change formation.

Our away support has actually been really good over the last few years given the way we have implode and been rubbish.

Mike Smalling

Remember when Wolves absolutely smashed us early in the season, and we grabbed a late goal towards the end to win the game? Or that time last season when Brighton hit the woodwork 5 times and we won the game with a VAR penalty after the final whistle?

I can't recall the managers bitching that much after those games.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
And what exactly is "they would have thrashed us "
I can only remember 2 solid chances from 2 counter attacks which was straight to the GK (standard Dave saves).

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I can only remember 2 solid chances from 2 counter attacks which was straight to the GK (standard Dave saves).
All their attacks were counters, beyond that they didn't look like scoring at all. Im convinced Tommy is a liverpool fan.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We're also back to that point where people act as if the goalkeeper isn't part of our team. If the left-back has a great game nobody cares but it's suddenly an issue because our keeper is good at making saves.

Teja

Yeah the xG numbers are bit inflated because there was one big chance and several good follow up chances in the same phase of play to make it 1-0. That 5 min spell with a big chance + corner + corner + Shit Fred clearance + another chance was probably 1+ xG that they somehow managed to not convert.

Destroyed is a bit of an exaggeration.. didn't really play us off the park or anything, just sat back compact and tried to hit on the counter.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Bitter scum.

Yep 75 million player whom was at a family funeral and 3 goals scored by academy graduates.

Weird looking wanker.

romufc

Didn't realise football is a 45 minute game. When you are on top, take your chances, otherwise you'll be punished.

Also, its not like they created loads of chances because they "suffocated" us, 2/3 of their chances came from our dumb mistakes.

Bruno's corner hitting first man and them countering 3 v 1.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Didn't realise football is a 45 minute game. When you are on top, take your chances, otherwise you'll be punished.

Also, its not like they created loads of chances because they "suffocated" us, 2/3 of their chances came from our dumb mistakes.

Bruno's corner hitting first man and them countering 3 v 1.
It's a game of one half

crossy1686

career ending
I do wish the "living rent free in your head" phrase would die forever.
I like it, but the poster who used it used it incorrectly. If the event happened less than 24 hours ago it's hardly living in your head, it just fecking happened and will be forgotten about pretty fast. However, that little prick of a ref who sent Nani off against Madrid will forever live rent free in my head.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I like it, but the poster who used it used it incorrectly. If the event happened less than 24 hours ago it's hardly living in your head, it just fecking happened and will be forgotten about pretty fast. However, that little prick of a ref who sent Nani off against Madrid will forever live rent free in my head.
That's mostly the reason why I want it to die, because 99% of the time I see it, it's used when people are reacting to something that just happened. I can't remember seeing it used in reference to an untimely unprovoked gripe, as it should be.

Red_toad

Destroyed us in the first half? Didn’t we have like 70% possession and they got their chances on the counter. Hardly destroying anyone in my opinion.

ShinjiNinja26

Really? :lol:

Seems like it’s the other way round pal, your manager came off bitter and salty as feck in that post match interview. Banging on about “destroying” us first half and how little Brentford made big Man Utd change system. He even brought up Jadon Sancho and his transfer fee when he wasn’t even in the squad last night. The whole thing stinks of throwing his toys out the pram because he got slapped up 2nd half. Just take the L on the chin and move on.

Baxter

‘Rent free’ is up there with ‘ X get battered everywhere they go’ in terms of the absolute worst thing some football fans witter on about.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Seems like it’s the other way round pal, your manager came off bitter and salty as feck in that post match interview. Banging on about “destroying” us first half and how little Brentford made big Man Utd change system. He even brought up Jadon Sancho and his transfer fee when he wasn’t even in the squad last night. The whole thing stinks of throwing his toys out the pram because he got slapped up 2nd half. Just take the L on the chin and move on.
The poster already said he takes back that comment.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford

I have already retracted that comment...

He brought up the Jadon Sancho fee and fact he was missing to highlight where we are as a club vs the likes of United we could only dream of spending £70 odd million on a player who struggles to get into the team even under normal circumstances.

I totally get how his words my have wound you up but like I said previously it's words to galvanise the team and the support as we move into the business end of the season. At the end of the day we aren't here in the PL to be liked, take a battering from the big teams, get nice little pat on the head, say thank you and be on our way....

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I can understand the edgy comments and the Liverpool troll sentiment but the Sancho dig was unnecessary, especially as he had to attend a funeral and it shows his own insecurity in dealing with a loss.

Frank Grimes

I love the way he says we were thrashed in the first half then complains about the fact we changed our tactics. Whining about another team having the audacity to try their best to win a game is certainly a new one. I don't think it will catch on.
Then out of absolutely nowhere he brings up Jadon Sancho for some inexplicable reason. What a silly cnut.

"They didn't even play their 72m player and we thrashed them in the first half but then they went and tried their best but we thrashed them them in the first half and we would have beat them if it wasn't for that Tongan volcano erupting last week." was basically the gist of his ramblings.

Ludens the Red

I have already retracted that comment...

He brought up the Jadon Sancho fee and fact he was missing to highlight where we are as a club vs the likes of United we could only dream of spending £70 odd million on a player who struggles to get into the team even under normal circumstances.

I totally get how his words my have wound you up but like I said previously it's words to galvanise the team and the support as we move into the business end of the season. At the end of the day we aren't here in the PL to be liked, take a battering from the big teams, get nice little pat on the head, say thank you and be on our way....
As someone who has a lot of time for Brentford I don’t think his post match interview was anything to do with galvanising you guys and more the fact he just took the loss really badly and thought he’d take pot shots at United. It probably didn’t wind up any United fan, if anything he just embarrassed himself with ramblings and most United fans just reacted with “who’s this fecking idiot”.

This guy has a short memory because we get destroyed every week.
Was thinking that :lol: Literally every game no matter the opposition, they will have a 15-30 minute spell in the game of just battering us. From when Norwich and Newcastle are doing it I think it loses its credibility.

Djemba-Djemba

As someone who has a lot of time for Brentford I don’t think his post match interview was anything to do with galvanising you guys and more the fact he just took the loss really badly and thought he’d take pot shots at United. It probably didn’t wind up any United fan, if anything he just embarrassed himself with ramblings and most United fans just reacted with “who’s this fecking idiot”.

Was thinking that :lol: Literally every game no matter the opposition, they will have a 15-30 minute spell in the game of just battering us. From when Norwich and Newcastle are doing it I think it loses its credibility.
Genuinely been like this for about 18 months at least. Every single game, it's really nothing for him to boast about.

Acole9

Outstanding
I would like to retract my post yesterday calling him a good character. What he said about Sancho was unnecessary, just comes across as a bitter prick.

CallyRed

"Son, let me tell you about the time my little Brentford absolutely destroyed one of the biggest clubs in the world"

"What was the score dad?"

"Well we lost 3-1 but their keeper made 2 saves"

Kaos

I've gone from quite liking Brentford to hoping they nosedive all the way to relegation just to humble this bellend.

Rajma

He’s so full of himself you can see it. Completely rattled. :lol: Totally uncalled as well.