Another muppet link or not? Discuss...

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Nein.

izec

Nothing to discuss. This wont happen and i dont expect us to make a bid again, otherwise it would be idiotic.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's great and shit at the same time.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Nein. Niet. This isn't happeing. He says he's honoured, but staying.
Back to muppet central and try again please.

darioterios

Rafa is an idiot. and tht cfbayern tweet is article sensationalism at its best.

Muller gave an interview to Sport bild, doesnt even mention us by name and said;

When a request comes, automatically you deal with it. A request from a big club is an honor and a reward that [the player] is performing well. But I feel happy at Bayern, and my contract runs until 2019. There is nothing more to say on these speculations.

What money? This guy should be banned in here too.
this should be enough to close thread (thanks @RedStarUnited )

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Contract until 2019, Bayern don't want to sell... this rumor is a stillbirth. Honigstein trying to sound knowledgeable and "insidy", I guess.

Zoo

Any bid or enquiry was surely made ages ago. He's not leaving, there's no story.

saivet

So it seems like we made a big offer, it got rebuffed. Muller flattered but ultimately not interested.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I find Muller more unattainable than any of our other transfer targets. After taking Messi from Barca, I'd say Muller from Bayern would be the hardest challenge for any club.

diarm

This is bullshit. They're doing transfer window all wrong.

How the hell are we supposed to muppet about stuff when it's a new player every day? And then, as we approach peak-muppet on a player, everything just goes silent and they move onto someone else. They are going to ruin transfer muppetry for everyone and then wonder where their golden goose went.

Hal9000

Don't think Bayern would sell, unless it's for Di Maria/Ronaldo money.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
This is bullshit. They're doing transfer window all wrong.

How the hell are we supposed to muppet about stuff when it's a new player every day? And then, as we approach peak-muppet on a player, everything just goes silent and they move onto someone else. They are going to ruin transfer muppetry for everyone and then wonder where their golden goose went.
They played the Ramos' mum interviewed through a car window card too early.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Not really any point in this thread. Had been said a few days or so ago that we had made a big bid for Mueller which this is probably referring to. Was rejected and we're not going to bid again as it has been made clear he wants to stay at Bayern.

Blackwidow

Not really any point in this thread. Had been said a few days or so ago that we had made a big bid for Mueller which this is probably referring to. Was rejected and we're not going to bid again as it has been made clear he wants to stay at Bayern.
He is not for sale. He was just asked about that bid. German press some weeks ago said that United's negiotiator went to FC Bayern with an up to 160-million EUR package (wages for four/five years + transfer sum) but was immediately denied as Müller is not for sale (for no sum according to Rummenigge).

It is a not a story. Only confirmation to old media suggestions (not the sums - only that United made a new try - which Müller feels honoured about). But it is open knowledge that van Gaal would love to have him.

Not until next season. I do not know why United is trying it every year again...

Last edited:

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Don't think Bayern would sell, unless it's for Di Maria/Ronaldo money.
Not even then, I guess. Bayern don't need the cash and Müller is invaluable. If Bayern don't want to get rid of a player and the player himself doesn't want to leave outright (Kroos, Ballack, van Bommel), they won't sell.

soapythecat

This would be the equivalent of trying to take Paul Scholes from United in his peak. But then, you never know in football.
(i'm not comparing talent here, just the fact they are both local lads coming through the ranks of their clubs).

Blackwidow

Not even then, I guess. Bayern don't need the cash and Müller is invaluable. If Bayern don't want to get rid of a player and the player himself doesn't want to leave outright (Kroos, Ballack, van Bommel), they won't sell.
Schweinsteiger and Lahm are getting old. That makes Müller extremly important. Bayern finances itself with commercial partners - mainly big German and Bavarian companies. The club's brand - especially how it is featured the recent years - bases on a regional and an international factor. Yes, you can put Brazilians into Lederhosen - it just ain't the same...

That local bavarian boy with the way he is is a gem for the club. Not just the sports side - but with his personality, too.

Robbie Boy

Do not want / only angling for a new contract. Where are we on this one? It's usually one or the other around here.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Do not want / only angling for a new contract. Where are we on this one? It's usually one or the other around here.
He signed a contract only a year ago, still has 4 years on it. Can't see him signing a new one anytime soon. I guess it's actually United angling for Müller...

Robbie Boy

He signed a contract only a year ago, still has 4 years on it. Can't see him signing a new one anytime soon. I guess it's actually United angling for Müller...
I was taking the piss out of this place. Any player we are linked with it's generally a load of 'do not want' or 'he's using us for a new contracts'.

Fwiw, I would love Müller here, one of my favourite players around.

Blackwidow

I do not know how you are angling for a new contract when you are asked about a recent offer and you answer that you feel honoured about the interest of big clubs as it just shows you that you performed well but that you are for sure not leaving...

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I was taking the piss out of this place. Any player we are linked with it's generally a load of 'do not want' or 'he's using us for a new contracts'.
Oh, sorry mate. Thought you were genuinely lamenting that those are the only possibilities when it comes to United being linked with players.

Robbie Boy

I do not know how you are angling for a new contract when you are asked about a recent offer and you answer that you feel honoured about the interest of big clubs as it just shows you that you performed well but that you are for sure not leaving...
See post above yours.

Robbie Boy

Oh, sorry mate. Thought you were genuinely lamenting that those are presented as the only possibilities when it comes to United being linked with players.
Haha, my bad it probably looked that way. I just find most transfer threads repetitive with the same nonsense in them about players angling for new contracts or the 'do not want' brigade who come out in force even with linked with the likes of Ramos.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We would need to be willing to give them Di Maria for a conversation to even take place I'd imagine. Which we won't.

Enigma_87

You know who
We would need to be willing to give them Di Maria for a conversation to even take place I'd imagine. Which we won't.
I'd take the swap.

Muller is top class and I imagine he'll fit in better.

Can't see him angling for a contract as there is a lot of time on his current one and there were rumors last year as well. I'd imagine 70-80m EUR can convince them to sell. LvG and Muller have great respect and relationship so that can help.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
He's top quality but I'm not sure there's any point in wasting time bidding for him when Bayern simply don't have to nor want to sell him. Also we'd have to pay £60m-£70m again which he just isn't worth. I mean I know we're rich but there's no point in wasting money for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.