Thomas Müller

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
We could get Lloris and give it a year we could get Kane as well. Don't go letting the post you've quoted be some kind of backup to your belief that Spurs players are ungettable because they're very gettable
Not for the likes of United they ain't. Berbatov was the last and that's ancient history. But as I say, those in the bubble refuse to see outside of it ... and that's my last comment on it in this thread, so knock yourself out from here on if you wish.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Not for the likes of United they ain't. Berbatov was the last and that's ancient history. But as I say, those in the bubble refuse to see outside of it ... and that's my last comment on it in this thread, so knock yourself out from here on if you wish.
I kinda enjoyed the deflection, don't stop :(.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Seeing as the Pedro deal seems doomed I demand we sign this feck. When is it going to happen.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Me too. He was always over the top but in a funny way (or so I thought).
His reactions were truly golden at times. Like he could never believe how no one else could see the holy greatness Bayern Munich and German football represent.

mu4c_20le

Me too. He was always over the top but in a funny way (or so I thought).
Not reallyy, at times he was bordering on delusional and he had a very snarky tone when numerous ppl disagreed with him.

MarkC

He could leave in the same way Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar could if they were adamant they didn't want to be there anymore. Unless this happens there is no chance.

I think all we are doing with the bids is trying to see if we can turn his head by showing a massive compliment to him at a time when he isn't maybe feeling as valued in Munich. Van Gaal knows him so he could be onto something.

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
He could get really vile at times. It's wasn't always funny.
That might be the reason why he's banned than. Still think he was funny most of the times. Just anchan.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
He could get really vile at times. It's wasn't always funny.
Really? Never really found him to be malicious but rather over the top and pretty delusional and extremely extremely biased in a funny way.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
We could test Bayerns resolve I know they don't have any reason to sell but just bid £60 million for the fecker it's sure to get their attention. They can either tell us to stuff it or maybe they might be open to negotiations.

Then go to athletic madrid and do the same for griezmann. They might be more inclined to sell than bayern.

Von Mistelroum

They won't sell him, they're not cash-strapped and they know that it would send the wrong message if he's allowed to leave. It's a bigger waste of time than Ramos.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
We could test Bayerns resolve I know they don't have any reason to sell but just bid £60 million for the fecker it's sure to get their attention. They can either tell us to stuff it or maybe they might be open to negotiations.

Then go to athletic madrid and do the same for griezmann. They might be more inclined to sell than bayern.
£60 million is more than Griezmann's release clause, so just convince the player and buy him, if that's what you want.

Jaapster

Seeing as the Pedro deal seems doomed I demand we sign this feck. When is it going to happen.
mm well Woody only went to spain for tapas (not to sign a player),so I suppose he could nip to Germany for a bockwurst in no way connected with signing
any world class striker

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
say we are interested in muller, and say it is possible, didnt Van Gaal say he wants pace? Muller is not fast, is adding another relatively slow player a good idea?

dont get me wrong i think Muller is a fantastic player but wouldn't he further unbalance the team and increase the pressure on Memphis, who is basically the only pace in the attack?

just a thought.

Blackwidow

other than pace - and experience in the PL
I would prefer Muller myself (I don't think either is available for what that's worth) but if hypothetically both were available I could understand (though disagree with) the logic in going for Bale
Pace is overestimated. And his pace underestimated - especially as his game reading and fast reaction help him a lot. He had nearly 32 km/h (and we are just at the start of the season) when he made this goal on Friday night.

All talking about his goal scoring - he has about as much assists as Silva had the last four seasons. He adapts to the team. In the CL treble season with Robben out and Mandzukic being new in the CL all of the important goals came from him (until the final) and he did not need much chances for it. He has more assists for the German national team since 2010 than Özil has - apart from his World Cup goals or the goals in the Qualification now when they play without real striker.

Last edited:

gulli_G

Van Gaal will retire in a few years, this maybe is his last chance to play for hm

Henk de Rode

And what about this one. You think Guardiola's decision to sub Muller when Bayern needs goals did well with Muller?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We will win the league if we sign this guy. But signing him seems a pipe dream, though. It's like all those clubs that wanted to sign Giggs and Scholes.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We will win the league if we sign this guy. But signing him seems a pipe dream, though. It's like all those clubs that wanted to sign Giggs and Scholes.
People keep coming up with that comparison...erm Basti???

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München

And what about this one. You think Guardiola's decision to sub Muller when Bayern needs goals did well with Muller?
Müller had to be present for something in the locker that involved the entire team, he came back a few minutes later.

Blackwidow

What do you mean - Müller's substitution from the field (his reaction was not about the substitution but about the match and that they gave away so many chances - he thought there was much more possible) - or out of the studio (Kahn did not like it - but he came back some minutes later).

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah. I give you that. I still can't get my head around that signing.

Feck. Didn't know that Muller is only 25. Twenty. Five.!!! Is his wiki's date for real?

Blackwidow

Yeah. I give you that. I still can't get my head around that signing.

Feck. Didn't know that Muller is only 25. Twenty. Five.!!! Is his wiki's date for real?
He did not even start into his professional career early. He was nearly 20 when van Gaal came to Bayern. He just delivered from the start. It was not just that van Gaal gave him a help - he was top scorer in his first season.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What about Schweinsteiger? His case is not in the least comparable to Müller´s and says nothing about the chances of United getting the latter.

Schweinsteiger enters the last chapter of his career and was very vocal about his wish of playing abroad once in his career. His former club repected that wish taken the contract situation and his many years of service into account. It was more out of respect that the club agreed to let him go. The emotional loss clearly outweighed the one on the pitch in this case.

Müller on the other hand might not even have entered his prime at this point, is an absolute key player, consistent top performer and the most valuable marketing figure of the club. His departure would have an immense impact on every level.

As a whole the Müller deal is way harder to pull off than the one of Schweinsteiger, because the club would be way more reluctant to let the former go. Its kinda like saying Schalke had a chance of signing Ronaldo when Raul joined them for two seasons (thats rather harsh to United, but you get the point).

The difference between Scholes, Giggs and Schweinsteiger is that the first two appearantly had no great desire to play outside of United and on the continent at one point in their careers. Would be interesting to see how United would have reacted if those two expressed that wish in the last years of their careers.

Unlikely lad

You have as big a chance to sign Müller as you had to sign Basti 6 years ago ;).
Didn't Bastian say he contemplated joining us in 2010 though?

For what it's worth, I don't even think it's comparable; Bayern are a much better team now, and United were a much better team then. No chance of this happening.

ravi2

Offer €120 million and see what Bayern say. It's not like we can't afford it.

From earlier reports, haven't we already bid around £100 for müller and Bale respectively?
I always thought we had more chance at Bale then müller but perhaps LVG knows something we doesnt.

Blackwidow

Didn't Bastian say he contemplated joining us in 2010 though?

For what it's worth, I don't even think it's comparable; Bayern are a much better team now, and United were a much better team then. No chance of this happening.
That was at a time that Bayern after a lot of international dry years has smelled success in the European competitions again. And he saw that something was developing in Munich. That is why he stayed in Munich.

You saw the interview with Hargreaves yesterday. They are friends since Bastian was 16 and went into the boarding house.

From an old interview:
"I recall once being the only person at the training ground, and I spent ages watching Owen Hargreaves all on his own, playing a ball against a wooden bench and trapping the rebound. He’d already signed pro forms back then.

"And I was desperate to get hold of a pair of boots like the pros wore, and I basically begged him to give me his!"

When asked whether Hargreaves gave him what he wanted, Schweinsteiger replied: "Yes, he gave in at some point. We’d known each other for a long time, we’d both lodged in the club hostel.
From earlier reports, haven't we already bid around £100 for müller and Bale respectively?
I always thought we had more chance at Bale then müller but perhaps LVG knows something we doesnt.
I do not know if LVG really thinks he has slight chances. Maybe he underestimated how much Bayern values Müller today. But Müller matches exactly in his concept. You need Rooney to function - you need extra goals and some creativity - and there is Depay who seems to be slightly a copy of Robben on the left. Atleast his goals yesterday showed it. It is interesting to look at Robben's shots and goals and what Müller does at the same time - he seldom is not involved in the process. Robben gets often doubled - and Müller does runs to make it easier for him.

Last edited:

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
I didn't know we have so many Bayern fans on the CAF
Well, this board is pretty fecking awesome for talking CL. I wouldn't dare chime in on PL things, as I don't really have much of a clue other than what I read on here. But I've skimmed through a few other boards and this seems to be the one with people posting that actually have a clue about European football. I do actually come here to get information and double check on stuff that I've read elsewhere.

Also, there are quite a lot of posters from other countries with different clubs they support, so you have some good variety in opinions here, too. It's not just Manchester United at least for the CL threads.

(looking at my post count, however, you'll quickly realise I lurk more than anything else.. haha)

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
They can afford it too, they're also super rich and don't need the money. They don't want to sell the player and there's nothing we can offer them.
Also, 120€ million is a ridiculous amount of money. No player is worth that. Or even 100€ million. I'm not buying into the whole philosophy about merchandise making up for it, either. Players should not be bought because they sell jerseys, they should be bought because they are worth that much money on the field. And right now I don't see any player anywhere on the globe worth that amount of money based on his merits on the pitch alone.

If Bayern won't sell for 100€ million, it's my honest opinion that United should look elsewhere and take an alternative for probably far less money. Especially reading this forum I get the feeling that some people really prefer just buying finished products rather than investing half the money and a season or two to build up a young player into a super star. You did so well with Christiano Ronaldo, I'm sure you can find another gem in smaller leagues. Like the dutch league, they never cease to amaze me. :)

gulli_G

We need to make statement, buy him just for that, let world football know we are buying a better player than bale for more money than him.

Need to act like a big boy if we want to tell Madrid where to go in future. If their galactic mentality did one thing, it that made the world take note by buying figo from barca, the equivalent of Muller if he came. That made a statement, whilst we're at it we should target other players in the same vein. Because we can, we should splash the Glazers cash and make a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.