Thomas Müller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

Then they would be guilty of mis-managing the club. Nobody dismisses 80m that easily.
They have literally nothing to gain by selling him, he doesn't even want to leave and they're incredibly rich as it is.

It's like when Ronaldo was here, if he didn't want to leave no amount of money would have made us part with him.

Sir A1ex

They have literally nothing to gain by selling him, he doesn't even want to leave and they're incredibly rich as it is.

It's like when Ronaldo was here, if he didn't want to leave no amount of money would have made us part with him.
So no money would tempt them to sell?

Every player has their price, and £80m is the sort of level where they would need to ask themselves whether that price had been reached. Pretty sure they'd decide it hadn't though.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Ultimately he'd have to hand a transfer request in.

ravi2

We could bid £100M for him and still wouldn't get him at this point in the window.

Sir A1ex

According to local Media, the Bayern board made the decision to reject any offer for Thomas Müller regardless of the sum.
And that is obviously bollocks. In reality "whatever the price" can only mean "whatever the price within realistic parameters" at best. If you offered them a billion pounds they would sell. Fact.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
And that is obviously bollocks. In reality "whatever the price" can only mean "whatever the price within realistic parameters" at best. If you offered them a billion pounds they would sell. Fact.
Yeah, but no one will bid a billion pounds. Add a bit of common sense and you realise what the statement really means. Even the craziest number a club might be willing to offer in today's market still won't be enough to make the club even think about it for a second. It's quite simple really. Bayern is still a football club owned by the fans. The goal isn't to make money, it's to maximise the success on the pitch. And because we can't improve our squad with additional 100 or 150m anymore than we can now anyway, selling Müller makes no sense from a business point of view. We'd weaken the team significantly, hurt our commercial income in Germany a lot by selling a fan favourite, upset a few of our sponsors and all our fans and wouldn't even be able to find a replacement at his level despite having a shitload of money to offer. What's there to think about?

The only way out for Müller as long as he has a longterm contract at Bayern is actively pushing for the move and forcing the club's hands similar to how Ronaldo acted at United. Because without it, I'm 100% sure United wouldn't have sold Ronaldo even if Real offered 200m. There simply wasn't any reason to even think about it from the club's perspective (unless the Glazers interfered and decided to pocket some cash of course, but something like that isn't possible at Bayern).

Blackwidow

The only way out for Müller as long as he has a longterm contract at Bayern is actively pushing for the move and forcing the club's hands similar to how Ronaldo acted at United.
And that is something that will not happen.

Sir A1ex

Yeah, but no one will bid a billion pounds. Add a bit of common sense and you realise what the statement really means. Even the craziest number a club might be willing to offer in today's market still won't be enough to make the club even think about it for a second. It's quite simple really. Bayern is still a football club owned by the fans. The goal isn't to make money, it's to maximise the success on the pitch. And because we can't improve our squad with additional 100 or 150m anymore than we can now anyway, selling Müller makes no sense from a business point of view. We'd weaken the team significantly, hurt our commercial income in Germany a lot by selling a fan favourite, upset a few of our sponsors and all our fans and wouldn't even be able to find a replacement at his level despite having a shitload of money to offer. What's there to think about?

The only way out for Müller as long as he has a longterm contract at Bayern is actively pushing for the move and forcing the club's hands similar to how Ronaldo acted at United. Because without it, I'm 100% sure United wouldn't have sold Ronaldo even if Real offered 200m. There simply wasn't any reason to even think about it from the club's perspective (unless the Glazers interfered and decided to pocket some cash of course, but something like that isn't possible at Bayern).
Yeah pretty much what I was saying.

I still think they would / should feel duty bound to take a second to collectively agree to turn down £80m though.

Revan

Assumptionman

You could probably get De Bruyne and Reus for 150m. Would the team become weaker? I don't think so.

Agree with the post in general though.

Blackwidow

You could probably get De Bruyne and Reus for 150m. Would the team become weaker? I don't think so.

Agree with the post in general though.
You cannot let both play for Müller at one time - and neither Reus nor de Bruyne have shown that they have the quality for a big club. Both are big fishes in small ponds. In teams that play more on the counter.

Especially Reus is no player for the Bayern system - he has other strengths. If you stick him in a ball possession system like Bayern has - it is not that they cannot counter but the opposition does not let them, he looses a lot of his strengths. He will still be a good player - but not top. And if he would have a real big game mentality he would not have only 2 community shields to show...

Henk de Rode

The question is if Muller wants to come to United. If so, Bayern has to consider its options. They'd basicly have to sell him. I don't think Muller is the kind of guy willing to create those kind of circumstances as long as he's playing regularly in the first team. But he's no Lahm either, at some point he'll need a new challenge.

fatboy

A few reasons why it will not happen this summer. Bayern has promised their fans no more sale to us, and I think they take that promise very seriously. Secondly, Muller doesn't really want to leave just yet.

This might still happen next summer, if he doesn't have a good season. Bayern can easily get serious replacements lined up for the 80mil we're supposedly dangling.

mark_a

Think I'm going to tell my boss I'm going to sign for United, I could use a better contract here ...

Blackwidow

Think I'm going to tell my boss I'm going to sign for United, I could use a better contract here ...
Because of the news today that Bayern has made him a better contract offer? Rummenigge already told some weeks before that they will adapt his contract again.

There is no hard bargaining - Müller has contract until 2019. If you have a player that has such a big importance for the club you have an own interest. He is the face of the club and they made him to one of the captains recently because Schweinsteiger left. And there is still some others that earn more than him.

It does not need United... there is enough others...

As I just saw it on my twitter...

They were fast to organize this. The guy wore a Müller-jersey in the Thalys.

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke

You're hurting my muppet feelings by talking all this sense Balu :( sniff sniff.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Because of the news today that Bayern has made him a better contract offer? Rummenigge already told some weeks before that they will adapt his contract again.

There is no hard bargaining - Müller has contract until 2019. If you have a player that has such a big importance for the club you have an own interest. He is the face of the club and they made him to one of the captains recently because Schweinsteiger left. And there is still some others that earn more than him.

It does not need United... there is enough others...

As I just saw it on my twitter...

They were fast to organize this. The guy wore a Müller-jersey in the Thalys.
Muller looks like a 40 year old british pub drunkard in that picture. He is ready to replace Rooney as the face of our club.

Blackwidow

Muller looks like a 40 year old british pub drunkard in that picture. He is ready to replace Rooney as the face of our club.

He already is the face of a top club...
Vidal must ask himself daily where he got himself into...

NinjaFletch

Bayern have confirmed they rejected a 'very high indeed' bid from an unnamed club..

You'd have to assume that was us.

Status
Not open for further replies.