Thomas Müller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moby

Dick
But he is not a Bale or Robben type. That is right
That was the simple point. And we are not Bayern Munich, we are still quite static in attack at times and have to pass it back because we don't have anyone who can beat his man with pace and dribbling and create an opening from individual skill. Muller will bring a lot to the team but that's one thing that would still be required at a lot of times, at least till they all gel together well and have proper movement and understanding to rely less on individual brilliance.

He might actually play Müller upfront with Rooney back in the number ten role though
:lol: He'll do that just to take the piss, the maniac.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
This transfer needs to happen to make up for the monkey transfer business we've done over the past month. How the feck can we let Chelsea and Man fecking City steal targets from us when we're bathing in all this Adidas money????? wtf

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
This is one signing I'm very confident of NOT happening. Muller would be the ultimate, but come on lets be serious here, there is more chance of hell freezing over than this happening.

If the reports are true that we have actually bid for him; then once again it seems like we are chasing our own tails. Bayern addressed their fans and made a point of saying that Muller will not be sold after the sale of Sweinsteiger to us. Not happening.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I don't think Mata cutting in is a problem for Müller, but unless both fullbacks become more attacking and provide the actual width in the team, the whole set-up could become too narrow. The beauty of Ribery and Robben was that they actually did both. Despite cutting in so often, both were capable of staying wide. I don't think that's true in the same way for Mata. Still think it'll be the best set-up, Müller might have to drift wide more often than he did at Bayern under van Gaal, but he'll manage.
That's would my issue, as Mata doesn't help us at all in maintaining width and the fullbacks have been pretty restrcited in their roles so far. We would find it hard to break down parked buses if we become too narrow, which was our problem last season too.

I just don't think Mata on the right works with Muller at 10. Muller, for me, is one of the smartest players in the game for me, so I agree that he'll drift wide more often, but I would prefer we got another wide player on the right with a bit of pace.

Mata will become redundant in case we have a 'Muller' in our team.

Lewis.no.9

Muller is never going to happen sadly. When Rooney is officially done his replacement will obviously be Kane (Especially if he has another decent season this year)

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Muller is never going to happen sadly. When Rooney is officially done his replacement will obviously be Kane (Especially if he has another decent season this year)
I must have missed that, how have you come to that conclusion?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Switch them around then, Juan will love picking out the runs from Memphis and Muller either side.
That was his initial suggestion, I just disagreed with it ;).

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Switch them around then, Juan will love picking out the runs from Memphis and Muller either side.
Would make sense, but Van Gaal won't do it. He doesn't see Mata as someone who can play behind the striker or in the number 10 role.

He prefers Herrera or Fellaini as the third midfielder or AM, in case he decides to play three in the midfield.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
That's would my issue, as Mata doesn't help us at all in maintaining width and the fullbacks have been pretty restrcited in their roles so far. We would find it hard to break down parked buses if we become too narrow, which was our problem last season too.

I just don't think Mata on the right works with Muller at 10. Muller, for me, is one of the smartest players in the game for me, so I agree that he'll drift wide more often, but I would prefer we got another wide player on the right with a bit of pace.

Mata will become redundant in case we have a 'Muller' in our team.
Mata central and Müller on the right doesn't change the problem of the team being too narrow though. If you restrict Müller's movement, which you had to in that set-up, he's significantly less effective. In theory, another winger capable of running at defenders and going 1 on 1 would of course be the ideal set-up. But you can't have it all ;).

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Mata central and Müller on the right doesn't change the problem of the team being too narrow though. If you restrict Müller's movement, which you had to in that set-up, he's significantly less effective. In theory, another winger capable of running at defenders and going 1 on 1 would of course be the ideal set-up. But you can't have it all ;).
You mean you won't let us have Robben after we sign Muller? You bastards! :mad:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
You mean you won't let us have Robben after we sign Muller? You bastards! :mad:
We have Costa now, future Ballon d'Or winner or so I've heard. Of course you can have Robben after taking Schweini and Müller from us.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
We have Costa now, future Ballon d'Or winner or so I've heard. Of course you can have Robben after taking Schweini and Müller from us.
We'll take Costa then. Thank You!

Btw, what do you think of Januzaj's ability for the role behind the striker? See a bit of Muller in him, just a tiny little bit?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Btw, what do you think of Januzaj's ability for the role behind the striker? See a bit of Muller in him, just a tiny little bit?
Nope, not yet. Might be because I haven't seen the game when he played the role though ;).

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Can you chuck neuer in as well.
Nope, United's goalkeeper problems are way too funny to follow, can't give you Neuer and solve those issues, because it would take that highly entertaining circus away from the world. The shot of the 3 banned goalkeepers in the stands was hilarious. Keep it going, please.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Nope, United's goalkeeper problems are way too funny to follow, can't give you Neuer and solve those issues, because it would take that highly entertaining circus away from the world. The shot of the 3 banned goalkeepers in the stands was hilarious. Keep it going, please.
:lol::nervous::(

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Does the rest of Europe still think Rooney is "world class"? if so, I'm sure Bayern would take him plus around £20m.

Henk de Rode

Isn't Muller too ugly for FC Hollywood anyway. Maybe he's seen Jones and considered his options.

Nucks

RT History Department
FC Bayern, SHUT UPZ AND TAKE OUR MONEY, ALL OF IT.

hnnng

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Does the rest of Europe still think Rooney is "world class"? if so, I'm sure Bayern would take him plus around £20m.
That deal falls so far out the realms of possibility.

Blackwidow

Isn't Muller too ugly for FC Hollywood anyway. Maybe he's seen Jones and considered his options.
Bayern ain't Real Madrid - and we gave you the guy that needs the most time in front of the mirror... (if you take the first two mentioned as a joke ;)

The end of that video - when it is about winning the Champions league tells a lot about Müller as it is not just lip service but the way he is.

Hamadovich86

Futile to even try going for this lad, especially not in the last few days of the transfer windows its even more impossible.

Ixion

I don't think even £80m would make Bayern pause to think they'd reject it out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.