Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Only used this formation because the team was familiar with it, then sticked with it after the huge success.

At Dortmund and Mainz, Tuchel played in a 4-1-4-1 formation, at PSG he played many different line ups. 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, 4-1-4-1, ...
Agree, he seems to be a very adaptable coach with a lot of formations and styles. He is also can be pragmatic a lot of times too. Even sometimes in Chelsea he used 4-2-2-2.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Considering how capricious the bayern board has been as of late and how tumultuous tuchel's relationships with the higher-ups can be i can’t really see this ending in a fairly tale style fashion.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Considering how capricious the bayern board has been as of late and how tumultuous tuchel's relationships with the higher-ups can be i can’t really see this ending in a fairly tale style fashion.
Oh i mean the classical fairy tales have loads of gruesome death, so...

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Oh i mean the classical fairy tales have loads of gruesome death, so...
Oh I should have clarified , more the Disney type than the brothers Grimm of the more classical types although the latter will surely provide more exhilarating drama for us lowly onlookers :D

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He wants to nick one of our coaches already. If he’s name dropping him like that in the press conference, I suspect the arrangement for Chelsea to let him go is already agreed?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Honeymoon over. Bounced from the cup and home winning streak ended.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Personally I think they should sack him. Getting knocked out at QF stage is as bad as being second in the league, a point behind the leaders at a random point of the season + in the QFs of Champions League.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's way too early to ascribe any meaningful impact to his work, be it the game against Dortmund or the game against Freiburg, but it's a funny headline nonetheless.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Embarrassing for a club like Bayern. Serious questions need to be asked. bite

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Rumours are he's planning to go skiing over Eastern.

Castia

I think he might generally get sacked in the summer if they dont win the league

Seemed crazy at the time to sack Nagelsmann but now it's looking like a complete farce at Bayern

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
2 wins
2 draws
3 defeats

Bayern deserve this for sacking Nagelsmann as much as Chelsea deserve all the shit for firing Tuchel. Hope Dortmund win the title (although they still won't).

Last edited:

Strootman's Finger

Having watched the Bayern game the other day it reminded me why I can't stand this guy. He's so irritating, constantly whining and gesticulating on the touchline, complaining about everything. He's largely overrated too, he won't last at Bayern.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
I think the Bayern board fecked this up badly. Tuchel like any new manager needs time and his players to build his team. Changing the manager so late in the season just unsettled the whole team.
Some players seem to had issues with Nagelsmann, but others like Kimmich had a great relationship with him.
If they wanted Tuchel that badly they should have agreed on a move in the summer and let Nagelsmann finish the season. Now they threw every competition out of the window and the new manager starts his first full season on a downer, genius move really.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I want Bayern to keep a manager, they might come sniffing round ten Hag next season if he's doing a good job in Glazer occupied United :nervous:

gajender

Tuchel should never have been sacked…

M’Kay
I don't rate him that highly and he is doing himself no favour at Bayern currently , but with Bayern bringing him at the Business End of the season he was hiding to nothing .

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
I think the Bayern board fecked this up badly. Tuchel like any new manager needs time and his players to build his team. Changing the manager so late in the season just unsettled the whole team.
Some players seem to had issues with Nagelsmann, but others like Kimmich had a great relationship with him.
If they wanted Tuchel that badly they should have agreed on a move in the summer and let Nagelsmann finish the season. Now they threw every competition out of the window and the new manager starts his first full season on a downer, genius move really.
Eh, no matter how much time you give him, he's still far too negative a coach to ever be the right fit for Bayern. I said he'd last two seasons max but I think it might be even less than that.

STYLOISRED

The players turned on him.
I don't believe they did. Kimmich himself alluded to the fact that the whole squad knew that the season wasn't going smoothly but they believed in Julian's ideas. And when you watch them this season, it's been more a case of them being inconsistent rather than coaching issue.

Been saying it since Chelsea, he's just not very good. Won't last the summer at this rate.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So overrated.
I've thought that too. Whilst I also think Boehly was mad getting rid when he did. But Bayern who have seemed to be a sensible club have maybe made a mistake here. Maybe Nagelsmann wasn't the right fit, but that rush in getting in another permanent manager was maybe too much.

Credit for winning the CL with Chelsea, but I still maintain that final was won after Rudiger intentionally smashed de Bruyne (and should most definitely have seen red).

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The firing line is probably Kahn -> Brazzo -> Tuchel at the moment. Unless they suffer some crazy collapse from here on I don't think Tuchel will be in immediate danger, though of course the fuse will have been shortened significantly if these problems carry over into the new season. But having said that they didn't even lose the title yet, if they win their remaining games and Dortmund slip up the atmosphere will return to room temperature.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I mean, this is clearly not Tuchel's fault. It would be hillarious if things continue to go downhill for Bayern in this fashion but I rather fear they will be much better next season than under Nagelsmann since Tuchel is likely the best coach they had since Pep

crossy1686

career ending
Been saying it since Chelsea, he's just not very good. Won't last the summer at this rate.
I haven’t really been impressed with him since his PSG days, don’t really get him to be honest. He obviously did well to win the CL but I think it was more luck that anything, the ultimate new manager bounce.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If they do the unthinkable and move on Tuchel in the summer, would Hag come under consideration and would he be tempted ?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Why? United is a bigger club and pay more than Bayern.
Supposedly Bayern are a club Hag would very much like to manage.

Also, with our ownership up in the air , coupled with a potential small budget to play with in the summer, he might be tempted.