Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

ShinjiNinja26

I’d take him in the summer if he failed to win anything this season and Chelsea were to get rid of him. Already has a connection to Rangnick and would carry on building on what Ralf’s currently doing, could make a lot of sense. Probably unlikely but with Chelsea you never know.

ForeverRed1

Now check how many games Brighton and Chelsea have played in December. They've essentially had a mini winter break this month. They were fresher and more energetic.

you didn’t watch united vs newcastle then.
And if you guys don’t want him, we’ll take him :devil:

Pavl3n

I mean, how could poor Chelsea possibly win a match in the PL against Brighton with the squad they had at their disposal yesterday?

Starting 11 (value 400-500M £):
Mendy
Rudiger, Christensen, Azpi
Pulisic, Kovacic, Jorginho, James
Mount, CHO
Lukaku

Bench (300-400M £):
Kepa
[Irrelevant point]
Chalobah
Sarr
Kante
Saul
Barkley
Ziyech
Havertz

They are literally only missing Werner due to COVID. Chillwell (knee), Thiago Silva (Hamstring) and HLC (ankle) would be missing anyway.
Yeah! You could really understand Tuchels frustration here. How could any manager get anything out of that scrap…
I had to Google who HLC is and still couldn't find out.
Do you mind sharing who that is?

Honestly modern abbreviation typing is doing my head in. Not a dig at you, but at a whole new fashion of finding shortcuts and being lazy to just type in the full word.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I had to Google who HLC is and still couldn't find out.
Do you mind sharing who that is?

Honestly modern abbreviation typing is doing my head in. Not a dig at you, but at a whole new fashion of finding shortcuts and being lazy to just type in the full word.
He means Ruben Loftus-Cheek. No idea where he got the "H" from.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
That's why it won't happen.
Yep. With the exception of Mourinho the first time not a single sacking has been undeserved.

Tuchel won't be under pressure based on Covid/injury striken results when we're still not even losing.

Gandalf

Chelsea don't win the league often enough to justifiably sack someone for not winning it.
Clubs all operate on differing philosophies and for a long time Chelsea have stuck to the idea that you get the best out of a Manager in his first couple of seasons. Tuchel got them a CL but unless he at the very least keeps them in the title race right down to the last couple of fixtures who would honestly be surprised if he was replaced? To be fair, it is a philosophy that has worked for them as they have won trophies with almost every Manager they have had but they are not sentimental and they don't seem to have any real interest in finding a guy for the long term, they like the impact refreshing the Manager brings to the squad.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Clubs all operate on differing philosophies and for a long time Chelsea have stuck to the idea that you get the best out of a Manager in his first couple of seasons. Tuchel got them a CL but unless he at the very least keeps them in the title race right down to the last couple of fixtures who would honestly be surprised if he was replaced? To be fair, it is a philosophy that has worked for them as they have won trophies with almost every Manager they have had but they are not sentimental and they don't seem to have any real interest in finding a guy for the long term, they like the impact refreshing the Manager brings to the squad.
While this is all true, Chelsea typically don't fire coaches after 12 months unless the situation has gotten out of control and things are genuinely untenable.

Gandalf

While this is all true, Chelsea typically don't fire coaches after 12 months unless the situation has gotten out of control and things are genuinely untenable.
Not saying he will go midseason but if he finishes third and is out of the title race with several games to go he may very well be given his pink slip in May, especially as he is said to be a quite abrasive personality and Chelsea on the whole don't take shit from their managers.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not saying he will go midseason but if he finishes third and is out of the title race with several games to go he may very well be given his pink slip in May, especially as he is said to be a quite abrasive personality and Chelsea on the whole don't take shit from their managers.
I mean it's definitely not out of the realms of possibility. It's Chelsea and it's Abramovich. But personally I doubt it. It's been a weird season with endless injuries and covid interruptions. As long as it doesn't get too out of control, like being in danger of missing out on top 4, Tuchel will get a 3rd season.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I think Chelsea will go pretty far in Europe again. Maybe not win it this time but get to another final or something. Even if they don’t win anything another great showing in Europe and a top 3 league finish would signal very good progress.

They have the same problem we had last season in that they aren’t consistent enough to keep up with the absolutely fierce competition.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Mourinho finished 3rd and won nothing in his first season back and kept his job, Sarri finished 3rd and we wanted to keep him.

Roman may be ruthless but he's not stupid, he doesn't just unleash his inner 5 year old and fire eject because he's pissed we haven't won the league like the media makes out he does.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Why do Liverpool need an overhaul of their backline in the summer?
VvD is getting on and since his Pickford mutilation he has not come back the same player. On merit he doesn't deserve to be first choice and if his form continues he will be dropped for the £40m+ beast waiting for consecutive games. Old man Matip won't last long, he never does so it will be Gomez if he's finally over his injuries. Both Konate and Gomez are the future and need bedding in together quickly. The odd games they play together it shows how awful they are at the moment without the necessary bedding in.

Robbo could still be great but Tsimikas genuinely excites me. He has more to his offensive game than Robbo. If all three are the future next season they'll need a bit of time together which could cost us a league challenge in Klopp's final season.

Gandalf

Mourinho finished 3rd and won nothing in his first season back and kept his job, Sarri finished 3rd and we wanted to keep him.

Roman may be ruthless but he's not stupid, he doesn't just unleash his inner 5 year old and fire eject because he's pissed we haven't won the league like the media makes out he does.
Not saying that he does but Chelsea can be pretty ruthless. If Tuchel does not have a good end to the season and ETH declares he is ready to move on from Ajax for example I could certainly see Roman being decisive in moving on to the next hot name and it is a trait that has served him well, particularly if the alternative is seeing ETH at United or City for the next 5 years. In the case of Tuchel he grabbed him almost as soon as became available and dumped Frank even though many thought Frank would get the rest of the season to turn things around. We have suffered from the opposite problem of giving too much time to managers so it is hard to fault the ruthless side to Chelsea.

Zoo

It's a complete myth he plays cautiously.

Most games we waste months worth of chances.
Not as free flowing as Liverpool or City though and that’s who you’re up against for the title. Just think it’s difficult with this system, Conte managed it but had Eden Hazard. Most of the time I watch Chelsea if Mason Mount doesn’t do anything then you look laboured.

Amir

I think Chelsea will go pretty far in Europe again. Maybe not win it this time but get to another final or something. Even if they don’t win anything another great showing in Europe and a top 3 league finish would signal very good progress.
While I don't think he will be sacked in such a situation, it probably wouldn't be for them making "progress". That's maybe United's sort of thinking, not Chelsea's.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Players are so entitled nowadays. Not great for Tuchel if players are coming out with things like this.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Hmmm. Not quite sure on this on face value. Romano looking for clicks. Interview was done three weeks ago but he's just now posting this after a Chelsea slip up.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hmmm. Not quite sure on this on face value. Romano looking for clicks. Interview was done three weeks ago but he's just now posting this after a Chelsea slip up.
No the part of interview dropped today I think. Romano just saw it and decided to omit some things, capitalise the word no for some reason and rearrange the sentences to make it more dramatic, so it could send the fambase into a frenzy and collect the engagement and new followers.

I still don't like what he said but I was a bit more meh about it when I read the full quote.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
it is a philosophy that has worked for them as they have won trophies with almost every Manager they have had
They have not really won many PL titles in the last decade. They have been a bit lucky in winning the CL and not very competitive the years they didn't win.
The rest is cups and EL, which should not matter too much for a club of that size.
I don't really think this is an enormously successful philosophy.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Does Lukaku actually refer to him as Tuchel in the interview?
no, he doesnt even mention Chelsea in the interview, either, as Romano claims. Which makes Romano's wording in his tweets bizarre. Its a month old i think, too

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
No the part of interview dropped today I think. Romano just saw it and decided to omit some things, capitalise the word no for some reason and rearrange the sentences to make it more dramatic, so it could send the fambase into a frenzy and collect the engagement and new followers.

I still don't like what he said but I was a bit more meh about it when I read the full quote.
spot on, romano has almost certainly sensationalized it imo. When you read the interview as a whole, its meh. There's nothing headline grabbing in it, really.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
This is cliche in football but id still like to see what TT can do after a few more transfer windows. I think if backed right, he could build a seriously good side. There's clearly players in this squad that i think TT would let go no issues, and want replaced

Appears from the outside that Rudiger is off, possibly Azpi, too. Christensen i think could wind up staying. I think Kounde will be brought in whether they stay or go. I'd love Ac, Rudi and Azpi to stay but they will follow the money at this stage of their careers.

Could be a big January and even bigger summer tbh

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I like Tuchel. We have had an absolute disaster with injuries and whilst we have a bog squad, the stand ins have been nowhere near the quality of the first 11.

Liverpool have been lucky as they would be in the same position as us whereby the stand-in players wouldn’t perform the same as players injured.

Unfortunately, somehow Man City have players who come in and perform regularly and it highlights the level Pep is at where he can keep these players happy. Lukaku was out for a few weeks and he’s away crying to Italian media.

hobbers

How much influence did Tuchel have in signing Lukaku in the first place?

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea-Liverpool
Chelsea-Tottenham
Chelsea-Chesterfield
Tottenham-Chelsea
Man City - Chelsea
Chelsea-Tottenham

this is January!

We've come from about 10 games with very poor performance, there are no signs of change, we all believed that Tuchel was smart and flexible and is showing a stubbornness in which Lampard also died.

You have to shake the waters, make changes, have a plan B.
See that there are players who are not concentrated on the field.

It would be tragic if Conte arrived in February with a deadly smile on his face.

Let's see if Tuchel makes it to the FIFA Club World Cup!!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Chelsea-Liverpool
Chelsea-Tottenham

Chelsea-Chesterfield
Tottenham-Chelsea
Man City - Chelsea
Chelsea-Tottenham

this is January!

We've come from about 10 games with very poor performance, there are no signs of change, we all believed that Tuchel was smart and flexible and is showing a stubbornness in which Lampard also died.

You have to shake the waters, make changes, have a plan B.
See that there are players who are not concentrated on the field.

It would be tragic if Conte arrived in February with a deadly smile on his face.

Let's see if Tuchel makes it to the FIFA Club World Cup!!
Tbf, that fixture list looks pretty brutal.
Nice time for Lukaku to throw a spanner in the works.

predator

Youth NITK
I like Tuchel and think that Chelsea need to give him time. By time I mean at least 2 full seasons.

They were never winning the league this season imo. I couldn't believe how some had them down as favourites at the start of it. They just don't have the consistent winning mentality that City and even Liverpool have shown to have.

Regarding Lukaku, what a farce and a disgraceful way to say you are unhappy with the current situation. Honestly not sure what will happen there as he wasn't cheap however TT and Roman, I suspect, will not be soft either.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's always shite in big games anyway, isn't he?
It's not necessarily about Lukaku's performances, more about the grey cloud he's just brought over the club. Like Tuchel said, its unnecessary distraction.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It's not necessarily about Lukaku's performances, more about the grey cloud he's just brought over the club. Like Tuchel said, its unnecessary distraction.
Oh for sure. A loss today and things could get even uglier with some fans.

I'd have personally dealt with it in a different way; get Rom to apologise, say he was taken out of context (doesn't matter if he was) and then jokingly get him to do a few laps of the training ground while the other players laugh and point at him. He doesn't have a secure enough ego for that though.