Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You can tell he’s livid in the interview. As soon as the PL started picking and choosing which clubs could postpone it set the wrong precedent.
The difference in work load is also very uneven. Villa hadn't played a game in 2 weeks when they played us. It was our 4th game in that period. Tonight was Brighton's third game since Dec 4. It was Chelsea's 7th game in that period (8th if you include Zenit but Brighton aren't in Europe so excluding that one).

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
It's been very difficult to stand watching a Chelsea game.

I've considered Chelsea out of the fight for first place for a long time, so that's not the reason for my frustration, Tuchel is letting the boat wreck, I sincerely expected more from him.

Apart from the usual and logical excuses of injuries and covid, there have been no tactical changes and a tough hand with some players in certain situations, what we have is a team adrift.

Today it took him over an hour to understand that Brighton were completely dominating the midfield and not even today, they put a 4-back line against Maupay!

Everything seems to be going wrong and Tuchel is not giving solutions.

We will suffer to remain in the top 4.

copen1945

What is the minimum for him? The league is gone. CL is very possible still but difficult. A second might get him another half of a season. A third will probably end his reign.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Don't really see why he should be sacked. They are 2nd place behind a really dominant City.

cyberman

Their defensive style was always going to be a problem when that defence cracked. They haven’t really got the creativity going forward in that formation to make up for it if it isn’t get to to a WB and cross.

1 win in the league at home since October and that was a dodgy win v Leeds. Teams getting joy by sitting back

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Don't really see why he should be sacked. They are 2nd place behind a really dominant City.
3rd if Liverpool win their game in hand. Just 4 points ahead of Arsenal if they win theirs. The league table is pretty artificial at this point given Spurs and United have three games in hand too. All you can do is judge them on the pitch and Chelsea looking shaky right now.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
What is the minimum for him? The league is gone. CL is very possible still but difficult. A second might get him another half of a season. A third will probably end his reign.
Chelsea don't win the league often enough to justifiably sack someone for not winning it.

troylocker

All records since Covid started should be erased
I mean, how could poor Chelsea possibly win a match in the PL against Brighton with the squad they had at their disposal yesterday?

Starting 11 (value 400-500M £):
Mendy
Rudiger, Christensen, Azpi
Pulisic, Kovacic, Jorginho, James
Mount, CHO
Lukaku

Bench (300-400M £):
Kepa
[Irrelevant point]
Chalobah
Sarr
Kante
Saul
Barkley
Ziyech
Havertz

They are literally only missing Werner due to COVID. Chillwell (knee), Thiago Silva (Hamstring) and HLC (ankle) would be missing anyway.
Yeah! You could really understand Tuchels frustration here. How could any manager get anything out of that scrap…

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I mean, how could poor Chelsea possibly win a match in the PL against Brighton with the squad they had at their disposal yesterday?

Starting 11 (value 400-500M £):
Mendy
Rudiger, Christensen, Azpi
Pulisic, Kovacic, Jorginho, James
Mount, CHO
Lukaku

Bench (300-400M £):
Kepa
[Irrelevant point]
Chalobah
Sarr
Kante
Saul
Barkley
Ziyech
Havertz

They are literally only missing Werner due to COVID. Chillwell (knee), Thiago Silva (Hamstring) and HLC (ankle) would be missing anyway.
Yeah! You could really understand Tuchels frustration here. How could any manager get anything out of that scrap…
Now check how many games Brighton and Chelsea have played in December. They've essentially had a mini winter break this month. They were fresher and more energetic.

troylocker

Now check how many games Brighton and Chelsea have played in December. They've essentially had a mini winter break this month. They were fresher and more energetic.
Good thing you have 2 full elevens better than them then. 5 subs should be mandatory in times like this though.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
The UCL win coupled with the first few months I think fooled a lot of people (myself included), what we're seeing now is much more like the Chelsea he had last season, the Chelsea who needed a Spurs win on the final day to finish top 4 and lost the FA Cup final to Leicester. At the rate they're going Spurs with Conte might push them close for that 3rd spot
The state of this, we have had no luck with injuries, covid. The only team in the league to want to have a game postponed rejected, our team is knackered. We lost 2 more players to injury tonight. Klopp is allowed to build his team, Pep won nothing in his first season and was allowed to spend a shit load. But you judge Tuchel after 1 year in charge which he won a champions league.
Spurs literally drew yesterday 1-1 to a team that had 10 players for the whole second half. Spurs who are much fresher too.

Levi1

Is it generally expected that he will get fined due to the things he said about the ref?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
He dug his own hole with the CL group, really? UEFA Super Champion in late August and pinnacle of the game, yet outfoxed in Turin by Allegri and his donkeys in mid Sep, he so badly wanted to put things right in late Nov… only destroying his own squad for the most pointless 4-0 ever and drawing in Russia two weeks later, finishing 2nd in the group as an insult added to injuries.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The team are suffering at the moment big time with Covid cases, an endless stream of injuries and 9 games played in December . Considering that Tuchel is doing fine.

Won't be any respite until the club world cup..., if we can get away with sending mainly kids to it and giving key players a break instead, that is what I would do.

cyberman

You are shit every December though. Also I don’t think a team with a long covid break has come back to win?

Dan_F

Who are the seven covid cases he referred to last night? I’m surprised they have seven out and still didn’t need to fill the bench with any youth players.

Idxomer

Who are the seven covid cases he referred to last night? I’m surprised they have seven out and still didn’t need to fill the bench with any youth players.
Only Werner was missing because of covid.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It would be madness to sack him. Pep will either be gone in the summer (winning the CL) or stay one more but not be arsed in the league next season.

Klopp will be in his dreaded 7th season with us and with the likes of Hendo, Mane, VvD and Firmino on the serious wane. :nervous:

With all injuries out of the way and another £200 million to spend Tuchel should be able to add the PL title to his belt next season. Easily.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
It would be madness to sack him. Pep will either be gone in the summer (winning the CL) or stay one more but not be arsed in the league next season.

Klopp will be in his dreaded 7th season with us and with the likes of Hendo, Mane, VvD and Firmino on the serious wane. :nervous:

With all injuries out of the way and another £200 million to spend Tuchel should be able to add the PL title to his belt next season. Easily.
Liverpool and City are easily too good for it to be that easy. If United get a competent manager they should be much much better as well and Chelsea isnt great.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Don't Chelsea have one of the largest squads in Europe? Surely a few injuries shouldn't be an issue for them.

Sounds like a poor excuse to me.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool and City are easily too good for it to be that easy. If United get a competent manager they should be much much better as well and Chelsea isnt great.
No offence but to keep throwing Utd's name into the PL ring is akin to throwing Liverpool's name in during Wenger, Ferguson and Mourinho.

Liverpool will need an overhaul of personnel and training in the summer (Konate and Gomez new CB, Elliot, new Mane replacement, Tsimikas instead of Robbo more permanently, etc). Too many changes coming up too soon to bed in by next Oct/Nov. Good enough for top four but not top.

The only challenge Tuchel will have is Pep and sometimes he goes off the boil (that's how we won the league unchallenged just the one time).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
No offence but to keep throwing Utd's name into the PL ring is akin to throwing Liverpool's name in during Wenger, Ferguson and Mourinho.

Liverpool will need an overhaul of personnel and training in the summer (Konate and Gomez new CB, Elliot, new Mane replacement, Tsimikas instead of Robbo more permanently, etc). Too many changes coming up too soon to bed in by next Oct/Nov. Good enough for top four but not top.

The only challenge Tuchel will have is Pep and sometimes he goes off the boil (that's how we won the league unchallenged just the one time).
Why do Liverpool need an overhaul of their backline in the summer?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
They took 16 points from their last 9 at the end of last season (68 points over a full season) and lost the FA Cup final - losing at home to West Brom and Arsenal and drawing at home to Brighton. They were a Leicester bottle job on the final day away from finishing 5th when they lost at Villa. I honestly have no idea why people thought they could challenge City - yeah they developed the knack of sitting deep and countering against them which can win one-off games against Pep (until this year he developed total domination of possession mode limiting them to just 1 shot at goal the entire game in their own back yard) but they’re absolutely fecking miles off them over a season - like most of us unfortunately.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Q
Don't Chelsea have one of the largest squads in Europe? Surely a few injuries shouldn't be an issue for them.

Sounds like a poor excuse to me.
Our squad is no larger than yours, Brentford or Southampton's. It would be nice if were allowed a bigger squad but sadly there's a limit in the Prem.

SATA

I know we are bad but I genuinely think we’ll go on a winning run at some point and narrowly finish above Chelsea come end of the season

Telsim

Chelsea will have to be crazy to sack Tuchel. I mean, good for us if they do, but Christ that would be a bad move.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
They’ve been scraping by for a while and spluttered over the line into the top 4 last season with some help. I’m surprised that Tuchel hasn’t changed the system as it’s not easy to win the league playing cautiously every game.
It's a complete myth he plays cautiously.

Most games we waste months worth of chances.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea will have to be crazy to sack Tuchel. I mean, good for us if they do, but Christ that would be a bad move.
That's why it won't happen.

captaincantona

What should concern Chelsea fans is not necessarily what happens on the pitch. Both he and the players are easily good enough to get a cup win/run and a strong league finish...

My concern would be how he rubs people the wrong way when things are not going his way and he is being questioned. How will Abramovich react if things don’t improve? Tuchel is not easy going and so this was on the cards from day one.

Matt851

how Is that a valid response? :lol::lol::lol:
I was commenting on a post stating tuchel could be sacked because Chelsea have fallen off the pace in the league. Not hard to understand that winning the cl might buy you some credit in the bank and mean their situation is somewhat different to Uniteds in recent seasons (where we have failed to win any trophy)