Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

lloyd2wayne

Really?
Alisson, Van Dijk, TAA, Fabinho, Salah? Come on.
I’m taking about the bench options my friend. I was stating that Chelsea have a very deep and good squad and bench players who can make their starting 11.

My point was besides Liverpool’s 11 their bench isn’t really up to scratch and an injury or two and they are done just like last season. In a season you will need a deep squad to compete unless you are lucky with injuries.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
No? We're definitely one extreme but I think you're the other. You were right to sack Mourinho and Conte seemed to want to leave but most of your other managers were sacked before most other clubs would sack them.
Sarri had us on a poor winter run which culminated in us losing 4-0 and 6-0 in the space of a fortnight. He wasn't sacked (despite relentless pressure from the crowd) and we wanted him to keep him but he decided otherwise.

Mourinho finished 3rd and won nothing in his first season back but kept his job. Then two years later he had to drag us to a relegation battle to lose his job.

The one that is always used against us is Ancelotti but that one was performance based (best way to explain it to a United fan is it was similar to your second season under Jose, ala decent results on paper but clear unsustainability in the performances) and he has since been sacked at the same or earlier stages by Real, Bayern and Napoli.

Basically the point I'm making is if we end the season the way we're sitting now (ala 3rd but with the performances/metrics largely good) then like Jose in 2014 and Sarri in 2019, he won't be sacked.

lloyd2wayne

Why are you focussing on Liverpool's fringe players? The argument is that Liverpool has a stronger first 11 with more world-class, game changing players which Chelsea doesn't have. I've put in my post I think Chelsea have superior depth but personally I think that only gets you so far. Mane, Fabinho, Salah, VVD, TAA, Roberston, Thiago, are all better than their counterparts in the first 11. I'd say it's a bigger credit to Tuchel that he made people think they could compete with City and Pool.
Ok I agree with you I was more talking about the bench players and how you need a deep squad to compete on all fronts in a season. That’s why I quoted fringe players

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s like that scene with Harry and Voldemort. “Only I can be the hipster Bundesliga German manager in the PL… forever”

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Football is always about momentum. When you go on a run like this, there are no easy three points.

Tuchel’s at the wheel.

tomaldinho1

Will be interesting if the title is won by a small amount of points and some clubs had postponement applications rejected even after Villa cancelled with 2 hours to go. Too many draws without a clinical central attacker and Lukaku covid bound.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
3 wins in 8. In the old days this would've been a sackable offence at Chelsea but I guess the standards have fallen.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The hype on here has died down a bit at least. Then again he could be an option for us at the end of the season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Just 2 wins in last 7 games, challenging for league title won't happen. Slowly they are sucked into top 4 fight.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
You guys had a very strong team out these today.
No attacking options on the bench though.

Probably wouldn't make a big difference today as Wolves aren't conceding loads and since drawing to Carrick, Tuchel seems to have hit a little tough patch. But having 6 subs (2 of them goalkeepers) doesn't seem fair.

KeanoMagicHat

Chelsea attack is poor and absolutely destroyed by Covid and injuries. But surely Tuchel has to try something other than 5 at the back to break teams down? Can’t be helping things.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You guys had a very strong team out these today.
Not to sound moany, as I've done enough of that this week but almost half that team today were either carrying injuries themselves or not even close to being match fit or playing out of positions because we have no-one else. Anyway, what's done is done. Title race is down to 2 and we just have to ride the storm and assess the situation when we have our players back.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He's a top manager and they are a very good side, but you are insane if you genuinely thought they are City/Liverpool level. A fantastic CL run doesnt change that.

I'd say they are very much our level if we have a competent manager.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
But I thought he was the second coming? I had them down to finish outside the top 4 and I still stand by that.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He's a top manager and they are a very good side, but you are insane if you genuinely thought they are City/Liverpool level. A fantastic CL run doesnt change that.

I'd say they are very much our level if we have a competent manager.
Then there are a lot of insane people here because majority on here, not including Chelsea fans, anointed Chelsea as favorites before a kick of the ball this season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Then there are a lot of insane people here because majority on here, not including Chelsea fans, anointed Chelsea as favorites before a kick of the ball this season.
Not according to Duffer's preseason poll.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wolves are probably one of the worst teams to come up against when you have so many attacking options out, it’s not surprising that they dropped points. Chelsea are really good but they drop off when they lose players, if Mane and Salah got injuries or Covid they’d probably struggle too.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Insanity.

They are good, not trying to downplay them but are clearly 3rd best this season. Liverpool and City are significantly better.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ah fair, weren't Chelsea the first team (even if the rest of teams constituted a greater than 50% majority)?
Think most had City or United top in their predictions, can't remember exactly, but Chelsea were the team that had the most 2nd place predictions, so still off the mark. I think most people weren't sure about how Liverpool were going go bounce back and that was reflected in people's choices.

Irwin99

There was always a doubt in my mind that they could be as ruthless as Liverpool and City and whether they had the attacking quality. Lukaku's problems this season haven't helped obviously.

Would still rather see them win the league than City or Pool ...feel dirty saying that but it's true.

arthurka

Not to sound moany, as I've done enough of that this week but almost half that team today were either carrying injuries themselves or not even close to being match fit or playing out of positions because we have no-one else. Anyway, what's done is done. Title race is down to 2 and we just have to ride the storm and assess the situation when we have our players back.
Just thought you had a very solid team out there today. Injuries and Covid are hitting teams hard but Chelsea probably have the best squad. You are going through a tough patch but I won't believe that both Liverpool and City will win all the games over this period you will be there or there about this season that is if TT does have a meltdown.