Thomas Tuchel sacked at Christmas

Pagh Wraith

I've only just heard this now. What happens? Thought I was just Christmas eve?
Today is the day when you meet your family and have dinner together and exchange presents before or after (we do it around 5 pm). That's the case in most European countries I think with the UK being the exception.

ChaddyP

Exactly, like the Ole fanboys when they count the more prestigious Norwegian league as a trophy for Ole :lol:.
Norwegian league is shite but to win it with Molde isn't half bad. I don't count it as a trophy on a CV though especially for a top job.

Revaulx

Hopefully they hire Mauricio Roberto Pochettino Trossero as his replacement. Means he won't be taking over United any time soon and people not being subjected to thousands of cringy ''Poch'' posts.
Only if he does badly. Which he may well do, as I’m not sure he can deal with the egos there.

If he does well, his few ultra-vociferous fanboys will be even more insufferable.
Some people are really touchy about Pochettino desperate to paint him as a shit coach. Weird.
A sad product of the manager fanboyism that’s become rife on here ever since Jose became our manager.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What success? A donkey can win the league in france with that PSG squad. Pretty sure every manager sign for PSG they are signing on winning the CL, otherwise they get the sack.
That's what I said. The flip side is that even if you do a good job you may not win the CL as it involves a lot of factors. See how many times SAF won it at a big club. Of course you can also not do a great job and end up with the same result.

Infra-red

Imagine the Poch fanboys when he wins the highly prestigious Ligue 1 title.
He'll win that every year of course. It's not worth much, but he probably does need to get some titles under his belt for his career and that's an easy (indeed probably the easiest) place to do it.

After two or three titles there and a decent Champions League run, he can have a go at managing a proper football club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I feel like it was inevitable the moment Leonardo rejoined PSG

stevoc

Only if he does badly. Which he may well do, as I’m not sure he can deal with the egos there.

If he does well, his few ultra-vociferous fanboys will be even more insufferable.
I think it would be a win win situation. If he does badly there then I think that puts to bed any idea of him taking over United. If he does well then they’ll keep him on for a few years.

Zen86

Bit of a pointless comment really.
Obviously this is taken from the Ole thread and all.

But people beat on Poch because he hasn't won anything. If he wins Ligue 1, it's a nothing trophy, yet people still cite Ole for winning the Lorwegian League
Quite the opposite, actually.

Poch fans like to talk managerial CVs when it comes to Ole/Poch comparisons.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Condemned for overachieving and not winning a trophy with a team that had no right to be competing for them.

Slammed if he only wins a trophy with a team that should be winning them.

Poor Poch.
Why not the the ultimate nightmare for Poch, he doesn't win the league and cl.

ericPSG

Supports
PSG
PSG fan since the 90s (when PSG was at one point 1st in the UEFA club coefficient ranking over a 5 years period for those saying the PSG has no history before Quatar)

Tuchel was always in conflict with Leonardo and criticized the new recruits. Despite the last windows was great considering the very low budget : kean florenzi rafinha and danilo have all over acheived what we expected from them and were free or almost free

Second conflict was how stubborn playing marquinhos in the midfield and danilo as a defender just to say that leonardo still hasn t given him a defensive midfielder. Both marquinhos and danilo had to say in interview it wasn t their real position before tuchel give up

and last straw was the interview yesterday saying he wasn t appreciated and the management of psg was too political

that being said he was really under appreciated and he had great success with the CL final but he has a negative impact on the team when is too stubborn and want to send a message

So I m team leonardo. All the great players bought at a reasonable price went from leonardo
With the other managers, the only great player bought was when we paid more than anyone else (neymar mbappe) and we can t do that anymore with the FFP asking us every year to sell for 50+ M of players

Reactions: JPRouve

RUCK4444

Weird I half called this yesterday

I think eventually Madrid or PSG will come calling for Poch.

What he doesn’t need to do now is have a questionable spell at a club with no funds though, he’s still got a good rep at the moment, which is why I think eventually one of the bigger clubs will bring him in.

diarm

I hope he doesn't come to the Prem. There's something off about him and I get the heebie jeebies every time I listen to him being interviewed.

TsuWave

Condemned for overachieving and not winning a trophy with a team that had no right to be competing for them.
The way people hold that "win a trophy" thing over his head is one of the weirdest things for me. As if the guy has ever been in a position/club that's expected to win trophies

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think they did it because they have an opportunity to sign his replacement. Tuchel was on his way out in June, I'm pretty sure this solution is the best for all parties

Gasolin

I'm sure he would be. He'd be perfect for any club not called Liverpool or City.
No not for United, and for many reasons including his inability to work without getting in trouble with the hierarchy.

He is not suitable for United. But might be for Arsenal as you need more a tactical tweak rather than anything else.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ah right, how come they didn't get along?
First he wasn't Leonardo's choice. And Tuchel is always complaining about something and generally does it in interviews, it's the same story every transfer windows.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The way people hold that "win a trophy" thing over his head is one of the weirdest things for me. As if the guy has ever been in a position/club that's expected to win trophies
It’s the strangest thing. I keep posting about it and look like his biggest supporter, but it genuinely frustrates me.

He couldn’t have done any better under the restrictions he was under at Spurs. It was a phenomenal job.

Gasolin

First he wasn't Leonardo's choice. And Tuchel is always complaining about something and generally does it in interviews, it's the same story every transfer windows.
He’s a bit like Allegri and Conte then?

Gasolin

It’s the strangest thing. I keep posting about it and look like his biggest supporter, but it genuinely frustrates me.

He couldn’t have done any better under the restrictions he was under at Spurs. It was a phenomenal job.
Let’s see him at PSG then, hope that clarifies things for everyone?

Revaulx

I think it would be a win win situation. If he does badly there then I think that puts to bed any idea of him taking over United. If he does well then they’ll keep him on for a few years.
Bah! If he becomes genuinely unattainable they’ll become even more insufferable.

My scepticism over Poch is now driven far more by his fanboys being annoying than my objective opinion of his abilities. Which is sad really.