g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Thoughts on Tuchel as a potential United manager?

Would you appoint Thomas Tuchel as the next Manchester United manager?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Eddy_JukeZ

Neuer had a massive gaff and Kane had a sitter beforehand.

If those 2 circumstances are different, people sing his praises instead.

Fine margins.

pascell

Eh? Deciding youl park the bus at 75minutes is pretty dumb. He took out his biggest goalscoring asset too, and went all in on the defending. Away to Real Madrid. It was actually quite funny he did it, I'm not shocked though. He's way too pragmatic at times, this being an obvious example.
Better than our manager who defends a 3-0 loss by bringing on extra midfielders.

LInkash

So..
His team don't like him very much
His keeper drops ricketts
He had no luck with injuries
He gets dicked by bad refereeing at a crucial time.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss....will we get fooled again?
He has won the thing though, unlike our boss, who bottled it against the bottlers

Fooza

Man the naivety of people putting that down to a goal keeping mistake…

The changes made increased the opportunity for a mistake like that to happen ten fold.

75 mins left… take off your entire front 3. And go to a back 5.

Only a goal up….

In the Bernabeu… in a CL semi?!?!

Inviting world class attackers onto you, with 0 outlet, in that atmosphere is beyond brain dead.
Yes I thought that was really dumb

There's ways of shutting shop but also keeping your threat upfront, he was just very naive in taking off his attacking threat thinking RM couldn't come back. Stupidly naive

Dannn411

You win, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this forum. Congratulations
What is Thomas Tuchel's claim to fame genuinely? A one-off CL in the covid era and title wins with Bayern in Germany (on the last day i should add, which is sufficient embarrasment in itself given their position in that country) and PSG in France. Two of the easiest tasks in world football.

moodyred

ETH throws games away when he subs garnacho and mainoo off when we are leading. Tuchel may have consulted ETH on what to do.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Eh? Deciding youl park the bus at 75minutes is pretty dumb. He took out his biggest goalscoring asset too, and went all in on the defending. Away to Real Madrid. It was actually quite funny he did it, I'm not shocked though. He's way too pragmatic at times, this being an obvious example.
Eh...

He parked the bus on the 84th minute. He didn't make 3 subs on 75 minutes.

His management of the situation was fine, the error to the first goal was cataclysmic.

spiriticon

What is Thomas Tuchel's claim to fame genuinely? A one-off CL in the covid era and title wins with Bayern in Germany (on the last day i should add, which is sufficient embarrasment in itself given their position in that country) and PSG in France. Two of the easiest tasks in world football.
Honours

Borussia Dortmund

DFB-Pokal: 2016–17[270]

Paris Saint-Germain
Ligue 1: 2018–19,[271] 2019–20[272]
Coupe de France: 2019–20[273]
Coupe de la Ligue: 2019–20[114]
Trophée des Champions: 2018,[74] 2019[274]

Chelsea
UEFA Champions League: 2020–21[275]
UEFA Super Cup: 2021[276]
FIFA Club World Cup: 2021[277]

Bayern Munich
Bundesliga: 2022–23[278]

Individual
VDV Bundesliga Coach of the Season: 2015–16
Premier League Manager of the Month: March 2021,[152] October 2021[152]
German Football Manager of the Year: 2021[279]
UEFA Men's Coach of the Year: 2020–21[280]
IFFHS Men's World's Best Club Coach: 2021[281]
The Best FIFA Football Coach: 2021[282]

Is he Pep? No. But he's definitely far better than ten Hag or Southgate.

AndyMUFC

If he'd have won the Champions League he'd have stayed at Bayern so we might have a chance now.

Pickle85

You had no problems when he had 29-19 shots against City and lost 4-1 because he was too open.

Kane is shit. Once England figures that out, it will you how are underwhelming he is.
You want to try that again and this time make it understandable?!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Eh...

He parked the bus on the 84th minute. He didn't make 3 subs on 75 minutes.

His management of the situation was fine, the error to the first goal was cataclysmic.
He swapped out Kim for Sane and reverted to a back 5 at 75 minutes. That's a tactical tweak to try and defend the remainder of the game. The other two subs were 84th minute and broadly like for like. Chuppo Moting for Kane what the feck :lol:

Really insanely dumb substitutions, being highlighted in anger by Owen Hargreaves too. He said he called the Real goals when he saw the subs. I don't discount that, a lot of us did.

Skills

Snitch
Tactically he's actually one of the most astute managers around. He won 3 in a row against Guardiola including knocking him out in an FA cup semi final & CL final.

He was also unlucky to lose 2 cup finals against Liverpool on penalties.

But he's more of a clever tactician rather than a coach from what I've seen of him. Finds clever/creative ways of using players to get results out of a team especially in big games. Rather than a coach who imprints his style on a team in the way some of other head coaches do. He doesn't really have a style or way of playing that he's trains into his team, that they then almost execute in autopilot. Which I think explains his struggles in league football.

I think he's a potentially a great option for a team that struggles to get over the line. Say like if Arsenal decide to move on from Arteta - he could potentially be the guy who can build on his work to deliver some trophies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Neuer had a massive gaff and Kane had a sitter beforehand.

If those 2 circumstances are different, people sing his praises instead.

Fine margins.
Neuer essentially kept Bayern in the game with 1 or 2 huge saves before that.

pascell

Thats nice. This has feck all to do with Ten Hag though. I'm talking about the final.
That's nice. This is a thread about Tuchel potentially becoming the next United manager and I'm comparing what he did tonight in relation to what our manager did just two nights ago.

Dannn411

Honours

Borussia Dortmund

Paris Saint-Germain

Chelsea

Bayern Munich

Individual

Winning the BuLi with Bayern and the French League with PSG is the equivalent of winning the Eredivisie with Ajax. Anything less than a title in those situations is monumental failure. That's why there is a sizeable list of managers who have done it. Managers who are not even footnotes in history have league titles in those leagues.

Plus we've hired managers far more storied than this fraudster and they have all failed here. We hired two of the top 20 greatest ever managers and they failed here. Enough of CV managers (And this guy's CV is not anywhere near impressive btw). We need people who can change the mindset and our way of playing the game completely and Tuchel is certainly not it.

AdNani

I refuse to talk about football with anyone who believes there is barely any difference between Tuchel and Gareth fecking Southgate. Goodbye.

spiriticon

Winning the BuLi with Bayern and the French League with PSG is the equivalent of winning the Eredivisie with Ajax. Anything less than a title in those situations is monumental failure. That's why there is a sizeable list of managers who have done it. Managers who are not even footnotes in history have league titles in those leagues.

Plus we've hired managers far more storied than this fraudster and they have all failed here. We hired two of the top 20 greatest ever managers and they failed here. Enough of CV managers (And this guy's CV is not anywhere near impressive btw). We need people who can change the mindset and our way of playing the game completely and Tuchel is certainly not it.
He may not be it, so then we sack him. We don't need to be married to our managers for life. Jesus.

But the hope is that we don't have to sack him.

Fooza

Honours

Borussia Dortmund

Paris Saint-Germain

Chelsea

Bayern Munich

Individual

No to piss on Tuchel, but Mourinho has honours, and probably better ones at that.

Tuchel's career for me is heading downwards like Mourinho for me, but I guess people on here are just so desperate because of the shite we're in at the moment.

spiriticon

No to piss on Tuchel, but Mourinho has honours, and probably better ones at that.

Tuchel's career for me is heading downwards like Mourinho for me, but I guess people on here are just so desperate because of the shite we're in at the moment.
Yeah but do you want Jose back?

Tuchel just played a CL semifinal 15 min ago. Mourinho is somewhere I don't know.

evil_geko

It is a bit funny how defensive people are of Tuchel already.
And why you think is that? Because the ones who moan about him spout extreme bullshit that is not true, so of course it gets pushback. It might seem like some Tuchel defense, but it is just defense against bullshit.

Exactly the reason why I am called ETH defender, I am really not, I just can't read extreme overblown bullshit about anyone.