Throwing pts against Arsenal?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
With the title race being this close it'll come down to us against Arsenal soon.

I know the standard line would be fight for every pts. But with nothing to play for and possibly City winning 4 in a row.

What says the caf?

PS: I dont think it'll come to that, but by the stroke of luck we're winning that game

tentan

Poor man's poster.
With Spurs throwing their game against City a week later?

Such a funny scenario isn't it? both United and Spurs potentially losing on purpose to stop their rivals from winning the league

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
A City title is infinitely better than Arsenal winning it.

Any trophies won by 115 charges is irrelevant and utterly meaningless to me.

Irwin99

A City title is infinitely better than Arsenal winning it.

Any trophies won by 115 charges is irrelevant and utterly meaningless to me.
It might be to you but history won't remember that. It'll be 4 in a row.

I always remember being quite surprised when some of our rivals grudgingly applauded us when we beat Chelsea to the title in 06/07. It was kind of seen as something right in football for a change when the fear was that Chelsea would just win everything forever with that ridiculous team they bought. Likewise, I think an Arsenal win would be far better for football and they deserve it for the rebuild they've done.

gaffs

With the title race being this close it'll come down to us against Arsenal soon.

I know the standard line would be fight for every pts. But with nothing to play for and possibly City winning 4 in a row.

What says the caf?

PS: I dont think it'll come to that, but by the stroke of luck we're winning that game
How would you even be able to tell if this United side was intentionally tanking?

LInkash

Just play like we normally do and concede a billion shots like always and it'll happen naturally

Mindhunter

I prefer a city win. They are playing with a cheat code so it means nothing to me. And I don’t care how their stats are judged 50 years from now.

Arsenal winning on the other hand is painful. I can’t bear it.

SirMonteyne

Pep winning 4 in a row is not acceptable to me, not after his 'even greats like SAF couldn't do it' speech.

erikcred

I always remember being quite surprised when some of our rivals grudgingly applauded us when we beat Chelsea to the title in 06/07. It was kind of seen as something right in football for a change when the fear was that Chelsea would just win everything forever with that ridiculous team they bought. Likewise, I think an Arsenal win would be far better for football and they deserve it for the rebuild they've done.
Hell, I had some Liverpool supporting mates glad that we won in Moscow for this very reason. Lucky for them, they didn't rue that decision with Pep and Barca coming along soon after. We'd have matched their European cup haul in the blink of an eye.

Dr Foo

Absolutely. We don’t have the ‘throw’ the match though, they will beat us, if not they don’t deserve it. I think Spurs can’t throw their match as well for they need points for CL spot

Winrar

We won’t need to throw the game to lose.

Spurs will gift goals to City anyways.

bringbackbebe

If we lose, which we will by the trend of things, we can always convince ourselves that we did it because we wanted to help Arsenal and reduce our misery.

Yakuza_devils

Tbf, I don't think the team will go all out for the remaining of the games to avoid injury. The focus now is to keep our best 11 injury free for the FA Cup final on 25 May.

Even if we went 100% I don't think we can get anything out of the game vs Arsenal. They are in title winning form and we got nothing to play for. Huge gap in motivation and also the quality of the team. 100% Arsenal win.

ForFuchsSake

These comments are always utterly ridiculous.

You should always try and win every game regardless of the situation and with the outcome: what will be will be.

We're so shit we'll lose regardless.

Cloud7

Man Utd won't have to do anything, they will lose the match.
Funny enough, this seems like the kind of match we probably get a result in, and derail things for arsenal, like we did for liverpool :lol:

CM

We don't need to entertain any grand plans of throwing anything with the way we've been playing this season. City probably win all their games anyway, might as well try and ruin Arsenal's day. Their fans will be their usual selves if they win.

People forget how insufferable Arsenal fans were the last time they were winning the odd trophy.

I don't care what City win, I'd be happy for Arsenal to win it on merit for a change of scenery, but sod the thought of throwing games for them.

Redfrog

We are are throwing points against anyone so whatever.

Wilt

As if Utd could choose whether to beat Arsenal or not :lol:

kaku06

Vulgarian
As if Utd could choose whether to beat Arsenal or not :lol:
:lol: So true. Everyone is sitting around like peasants with folding hands making a case for themselves and we ponder what to do on that day whether to beat Arsenal or not and decide who gets the premier league.

justsomebloke

What says the caf?

We do have something to play for - EL rather than ECL.

clarkydaz

It's dull seeing city win everything. If arsenal win it gives hope to other teams they can be beaten. Feels like the Scottish league when Celtic were winning every year

CallyRed

Playing some of the youngsters might give us a better chance of winning. So I'd stick with the current XI.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I dont think we have a say in the matter.

Also even entertaining the idea that we should ever approach any game of football without the intention to go full out should be ban worthy

Pughnichi

Why don’t people want Arsenal to win. I get we were fierce rivals during the SAF Wenger years. But they’ve been irrelevant for 15 years. I get Arteta is like a little annoying horse fly.

at least them winning prevents four in a row and in fairness it shows that a club can come from so far behind, build a good team and start competing again with the right structure and good signings

wolvored

We won't need to throw points, we have no chance of beating them anyway.

Adz_99

As long as it’s not Pool I don’t care.
Agreed. I'm really not concerned who wins it now I know it won't be Liverpool.

Would rather it be Arsenal but I'm not about to start cheering them on and wanting to see Arteta charging up and down the touchline celebrating at Old Trafford.

Banana Republic

Even if Utd throw the game, it won’t change the outcome.
Sure, anything could happen, but very few people would bet on City losing any of their last 3 games to retain the title for the 4th time.
Utd can only delay the inevitable by beating the Arse.

Arsenal only have 2 games left.
If they drop points at OT next Sunday, then it’s all over for them.
City play on Saturday and should already be 2 points in front, before the Utd v Arsenal match kicks off on Sunday (assuming they beat a mediocre Fulham side).
A draw or a loss will leave Arsenal with only 3 points to play for and victory for City 2 days later, at Spurs, sends the title back to the Corruptihad.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
We'll probably draw/lose the other games, beat Arsenal, City draw v Spurs and Arsenal lose out on the league by three points with a superior goal difference.

Mike Smalling

Absolutely not. Losers mentality to contemplate stuff like that. Beating Arsenal at home would be great.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Exactly we should. All we need to do is do what we did against every other team this season and we will be fine.