Television Tiger King (Netflix Documentary)

Coxy

They are all nutters. Carole definitely did it - but that creep 'Dr' guy was bad as well. If anything Tiger Joe was actually the most harmless?!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Jeff was the worst, purely for his obnoxious bandana/00s douche brand peaked cap combo and weirdly tiny chin.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Just a few episodes in, it’s very entertaining. And one big commercial for America too, the only western country where raving lunatics can have hundreds of tigers while showing off their guns :lol:

MarylandMUFan

Just a few episodes in, it’s very entertaining. And one big commercial for America too, the only western country where raving lunatics can have hundreds of tigers while showing off their guns :lol:
Pretty much. And any effort to regulate the industry to ensure the animals are treated humanely are met with the classic response of "You can't take away my freedoms!". It's really embarrassing but also entertaining as hell.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Pretty much. And any effort to regulate the industry to ensure the animals are treated humanely are met with the classic response of "You can't take away my freedoms!". It's really embarrassing but also entertaining as hell.
Didn’t Joe say that he’d do a Wako or something to that effect if they tried to take away his tigers?

MarylandMUFan

Didn’t Joe say that he’d do a Wako or something to that effect if they tried to take away his tigers?
Yeah, he did indicate something along those lines. It's funny how the general public opinion supports Joe when he was just as horrific as everyone else on the show (took advantage of vulnerable people on drugs etc..). It's still hard for me to believe that the entire series was not set in Florida.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yeah, he did indicate something along those lines. It's funny how the general public opinion supports Joe when he was just as horrific as everyone else on the show (took advantage of vulnerable people on drugs etc..). It's still hard for me to believe that the entire series was not set in Florida.
Here in Oklahoma, we try to keep up with the batshit crazy of Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, etc.

It’s a tall task, but we’re just doing our best here, God bless us.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Seeing people's reactions to this documentary reminds me that I often forget that not everyone lives in Florida.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
And people think GTA5 is just a game. No, it's a real life simulation of America.

Relfy

It was bonkers. Each episode threw up some new level of crazy. In a way you end up feeling sorry for Joe, despite his flaws and all that he did. Carole is just as bad as the rest of them. That Jeff was a prick and will no doubt make a balls of it all soon enough.

I reckon Joe will sell all of them to the FBI for a reduced sentence and be out in 5-10 years.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This shit is more mind expanding than psychedelics. The pace of mind blowing revelations in the first three episodes is unlike any show I've ever watched, real or fiction. Great TV.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
You cant make me care about this.
It has pro tips for how to kill millionaires and get away with it. Also for how to cultivate your own harem of wives.

And how to get on with it when you arm is pulled off by a tiger. And how to turn straight men into gay husbands with crystal meth. And how to kill animal rights bills with tiger cubs. And, shit I just can't even.

Oggmonster

It was bonkers. Each episode threw up some new level of crazy. In a way you end up feeling sorry for Joe, despite his flaws and all that he did. Carole is just as bad as the rest of them. That Jeff was a prick and will no doubt make a balls of it all soon enough.

I reckon Joe will sell all of them to the FBI for a reduced sentence and be out in 5-10 years.
I don't know if I felt sorry for him, obviously he was treating animals badly through out but the bit with the chimps at the end (especially them hugging each other as soon as they were released) looked really bad on him. I thought the only people who came out of it on was the woman with 1 arm and the other guy who looked after animals for Joe.

I really enjoyed it, the story itself could probably be condensed as is the way with all Netflix shows but the characters make it well worth it.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
This shit is more mind expanding than psychedelics. The pace of mind blowing revelations in the first three episodes is unlike any show I've ever watched, real or fiction. Great TV.
It's great isn't it? :lol: Recommended it to a friend of mine who texted me "the feck is this, some documentary about big cat sanctuaries or what?" halfway through the first episode. Day later "this is some next level crazy shit man" :lol:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Release Joe Exotic. Change my mind. fecking Basken.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I also felt a bit sorry for Joe, somehow, even though he's a raving loon, manipulative, shot the cats, and possibly tried to get someone killed.

Jeff is a dick. His smirking at the end was infuriating. He reminds me of an older Cyrus from Trailer Park Boys. Trying to look like a badass.

Do we reckon Joe actually tried to get Basken killed? I can't decide. The order the story was presented in at the end to make it more entertaining made that more difficult to work out. Can deffo see it having happened, specially if Jeff purposely led him further down that path.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm only mid-way through Episode 2 but every 5 minutes something bizarre happens. :lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's insane yet weirdly boring at the same time.
I didn’t find it boring at all. The novelty of the craziness quickly wears off, but there are a lot of interesting side bits. The main players are all - clinically speaking - narcissists. And when you put a group of them together things turn ugly.

Now, moving out of that small group and on to the country itself: Joe got what, 19% running for governor. All of these petting zoos were being run (still are?) freely (sure you can ban selling and breeding but that will happen if these zoos keep operating). Loads of people supported every single maniac, including Carol who practically operates the same kind of zoo but calls it another name. All of these feckwits have loads of guns.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I also felt a bit sorry for Joe, somehow, even though he's a raving loon, manipulative, shot the cats, and possibly tried to get someone killed.

Jeff is a dick. His smirking at the end was infuriating. He reminds me of an older Cyrus from Trailer Park Boys. Trying to look like a badass.

Do we reckon Joe actually tried to get Basken killed? I can't decide. The order the story was presented in at the end to make it more entertaining made that more difficult to work out. Can deffo see it having happened, specially if Jeff purposely led him further down that path.
I think he definitely did something that warranted being put away for it, yes. Whether he was coerced or persuaded into it by that prick Jeff is another matter.

I didn’t find it boring at all. The novelty of the craziness quickly wears off, but there are a lot of interesting side bits. The main players are all - clinically speaking - narcissists. And when you put a group of them together things turn ugly.

Now, moving out of that small group and on to the country itself: Joe got what, 19% running for governor. All of these petting zoos were being run (still are?) freely (sure you can ban selling and breeding but that will happen if these zoos keep operating). Loads of people supported every single maniac, including Carol who practically operates the same kind of zoo but calls it another name. All of these feckwits have loads of guns.
No he got 19% of votes in his local elections for being put forward for governor or something. It was like 2,000 votes I think. The documentary intentionally left it vague.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he definitely did something that warranted being put away for it, yes. Whether he was coerced or persuaded into it by that prick Jeff is another matter.

No he got 19% of votes in his local elections for being put forward for governor or something. It was like 2,000 votes I think. The documentary intentionally left it vague.
That's a relief.

Relfy

My feeling is that Jeff went in with the intention of stitching Joe up so he could steal the zoo. He'd seen Joe's online rants and the threats within them, then installed devices to listen to what they were saying, no doubt egging Joe on to say something that could see him indicted.

That Carol is another looper. Moving away from the murder theories for a moment, she claims her zoo is a sanctuary, but charges people admission fees, and has all her staff work for free. She's exactly what she says she is not, but gets away with it by not appearing as eccentric as Joe and the others.

Great doc, but they missed the real question of how and why there are more big cats in USA than there are in the wild - the forced breeding obviously goes a long way towards that, but how is it allowed in the first place. It is mental that people there can buy a lion or a tiger for a couple of grand!

fergosaurus

Crazy show which made for great binge watching. I thought Carol was guilty from the beginning so disappointed she wasn't convicted of anything. Despite all of Joe's actions he was more likeable but whether he was set up or not he was a ticking time bomb so prison is probably where he should be.

Sylar

What a bizarre, insane program. I get the comment stating it was boring and insane.
Cos it was that combination.

It would look like it started to drag, then WHAM, a new insane revelation. It seemed like there was a bombshell nearly every 10 mins just as it was starting to get to the point of, ughh, what am I watching.

It probably could have been an ep less, but still, nuts show.

The whole thing with Carole and her husband was crazy too. I cant think of many (if any) of the people who came out looking like a normal decent person. The woman who had her hand amputated?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I understand the boring remarks; nearly all these Netflix crime documentaries could be tighter.

Some could’ve fit into a 1 hour program or a 2 parter (not this one or Making a Murderer, mind...).

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What a bizarre, insane program. I get the comment stating it was boring and insane.
Cos it was that combination.

It would look like it started to drag, then WHAM, a new insane revelation. It seemed like there was a bombshell nearly every 10 mins just as it was starting to get to the point of, ughh, what am I watching.

It probably could have been an ep less, but still, nuts show.

The whole thing with Carole and her husband was crazy too. I cant think of many (if any) of the people who came out looking like a normal decent person. The woman who had her hand amputated?
Which fecking nutter would have half her arm amputated because a 2-year revalidation would harm her employer's reputation? Never mind that, but be back at work a week later as well to work with those same animals who ripped off her harm in the first place? :lol: