Timothy Fosu-Mensah | 2017/18 Crystal Palace Performances

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yea I'd say it was a decent to pretty good game overall for him.

They need to play Loftus-Cheek deeper as he looked miles better in the second half. Need to quicken up their play too, much too slow at times.

Arka_BleedingRed

He always has been a very good tackler. Showed it many times during his first season under LVG. Hopefully, he is given regular playing time this season and has a good season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Glad to read that he's one of their decent performers.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Looking at their forum, him and RLC have been by far their best players. Seems more a case of everyone else being shite, rather than them being amazing though.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It's great to see him get some game time (even if it is for another team).
Hopefully he comes back to us next season, he improves and Jose starts introducing him to our 1st team.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=167859&page=1

Reading the Palace match rating for the match against Huddersfield. He was their second best player yesterday after RLC.

Some very promising comments about him:
I think Fosu-Mensah had a lot of decent moments mainly because he was charging around covering for other defenders' f***-ups
Fosu-Mensah - 6
One of two, maybe 3, players who weren't s*** in my opinion. I thought he made a very good account of himself, and showed a lot more tactical awareness than Dann, who's almost a decade his senior. This lad will be the tits one day, and it showed today. Also, credit for that excellent tackle when Mounie(?) burst through our defence after a Scott Dann cock-up.

Acole9

Outstanding
At least it doesn't look like he was to blame for the defeat.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Only saw the highlights on MotD so didn't get a great look at him, but that tackle was a thing of beauty. :drool:

I see he earned positive reviews on the CP forum, but could anyone who watched the game give a more detailed review of his performance. How was he on the ball/ His positioning etc..?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I thought De Boer would play him as a CB and I was proved right. Hope he carries on and builds upon this decent showing and becomes a valuable member of their team.

NoPace

Looking at their forum, him and RLC have been by far their best players. Seems more a case of everyone else being shite, rather than them being amazing though.
Loftus-Cheek had 3-4 moments where he looked like he had the power and skill to be a hell of a box to box player. I'll bet he's in the England squad by the World Cup.

Fosu-Mensah did well enough. Bit meh on the ball but very good defensively. He was mostly up against Tom Ince and Ince did very little. Riedewald looked better in possession but closer to average defensively. Dann looked like he'd never played 3 at the back before and was terrified in possession.

It'll be interesting to see if Palace can adjust to playing De Boer's style. If not, and if he gets canned after 15 games like at Inter, I could still see Fosu-Mensah playing a fair bit in a back 4, either as Dann's partner (fighting with Riedewald) or at RB (fighting with Ward). But hopefully this 3 at the back, pass the ball style stops confusing the Palace players and they can keep playing like this.

Robertd0803

Some quotes from Crystal Palace forums.
You would think they would learn how to spell his name now he is playing for them in fairness, or else just do what we do and type TFM.

Couldn't drag myself to watch anything other than the highlights but that was some last ditch tackle he made.

tomaldinho1

He's getting game time and that's all that matters.

CP look awful but given they're completely changing how they want to play, it's not really surprising

El-Manos

This could prove to be a solid loan for him, what position did he play the last day?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Starts again today vs Liverpool. 0-0 currently.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Playing very well, making sure that Liverpool isnt a big of a threat in behind as they usually are.

Prongsy

Has done great things so far. So much valuable these minutes. Thought they'd be shit or something. But he is making them seem decent enough. Could be a great experience and all that. Gotta find Pereira something like this soon.

Reactions: Invictus

KM

Just reading the Palace forums. They say all the same thing that he's very promising player. Very fast and is very calm on the ball. Needs improvement in the air.

But they all agree that him and RLC are amongst the Palace's best players.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hope Palace get a few good results. Them doing well under this manager is beneficial for TFM.

RedCurry

He's got good physical attributes. But he needs to work on his positional sense.

I think his best chance to make it at United is going to be as a RB or midfielder. I just don't think he's as good as Axel as a pure defender.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
His ceiling, at RB, is a better Kyle Walker. Same speed (he's the fastest United player) and he's a better on the ball defender than Walker. He just needs to get better at crosses. I wouldn't mind him being the heir apparent to Valencia's spot.

Liverpool 1-0 Crystal Palace

KM

Some comments on him in the player's rating
Fosu Mensah 7 - Our best defender today I think, decent on the ball and really good pace for a CB allows him to recover when we're opened up by giving the ball away or his and other's bad positioning
Scott Dann MOTD

RLC - class
TFM - very good
TFM 7 - calm and very good on the ground and with the ball, lacks presence in the air
Forsa-M 7 kept it very simple looks promising
TFM - 7: looks good. Not so strong in the air but on the ground he has a good tackle, reads the game well and pace to burn. Some good tackles and blocks today. I like him