Timothy Fosu-Mensah | 2017/18 Crystal Palace Performances

Adnandos

He looks pretty good, just hope conceding goals every week doesn't nuke his confidence.

LARulz

Early recall might be required if Palace continue to get spanked regularly, won't do him any good.
Unless he's not playing then nope. If anything it will probably help him. I imagine, like most things, you learn the most during worst moments.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Unless he's not playing then nope. If anything it will probably help him. I imagine, like most things, you learn the most during worst moments.
The Bore has faith in him, so I'm not worried. He gets to do his job under a bit more pressure as you say

Brightonian

Good test, he'll have plenty of defending to do.
Exactly, and in terms of keeping himself in Mourinho's plans there's no better way to stay visible as a defender. Jones basically got himself signed off the back of his performance in our 7-1 thrashing of Blackburn (and also, to be fair, the way he learned from that defeat and led their efforts to smother us in the 1-1 reverse fixture later in the season.)

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I'm not too particularly worried about Palace doing badly as it could potentially help TFM hone his mental side of the game and potentially build his resilience. It could be a good test for him mentally, similar to Pereira's exploits at Granada last season.

However, I'm worried about a new manager coming, provided Palace's form continues in this manner, with a new approach and preferring a more experienced player to TFM. Would not be an issue if TFM's establishes himself as one of Palace's better players though.

Agreed. There's gonna be no shortage of mistakes made by his teammates and no doubt from himself at times to learn from. He'll learn mental resilience having to play in an underperforming team and that'll build character. In some respects this is the ideal situation for him, a baptism of fire.

AdnanRED

Lets just hope palace get some points soon before de boer gets the chop coz u dont know if the next manager will have TFM in his plans.

redIndianDevil

De Boer is a crap manager, he is the half baked version of LvG, Guardiola style possession football(which is quite difficult to pull off without good players), sadly the next manager won't use TFM I guess. What worries me about TFM is they he is yet to nail down a position, constantly shifting around does him no good, we should look to loan our players to the Eredivisie or La Liga if we want them to improve.

Big risk with loaning to mid to lower table PL club is that they tend to be in a relegation battle and a new manager may prefer safe hands to young blood.

Alabaster Codify7

De Boer will be sacked by November I reckon, which could be bad news for Tim. New manager might not fancy him or might want a grizzled, battle-hardened veteran in his place knowing a relegation dogfight beckons.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Checking their forums again and everyone is saying that he was their second best players and looked very good when moved to right back.

RedCurry

Checking their forums again and everyone is saying that he was their second best players and looked very good when moved to right back.
He was their best player today after Townsend. Constantly bailed their defense with his pace.

But sadly that team is utter crap. Hard to judge a player in that setup.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Why is everyone so convinced that if De Boer is sacked he won't play anymore?

If he's their best defender, why wouldn't he be picked to play?

New manager: "Oh, that TFM looks like a good defender, I won't pick him anymore".

Some of the things people post just don't make any sense. :confused::wenger:

the hea

Some quotes from the player ratings and reviews thread on cpfc.org

Fosuh-Mensah looked good
Fosu-mensah: made quite a big mistake which he will be glad he didn't get punished for in first half but played pretty good for most of the match. Very quick.
fonsu-Mensah actually looked like a decent right back shame FDB will play him as a CB
Townsend ok, Fosu-Mensah ok, Cabaye ok. The rest utter wank
Fosu Mensah - Very good in my eyes, RB in a back four he'll be top draw

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Why is everyone so convinced that if De Boer is sacked he won't play anymore?

If he's their best defender, why wouldn't he be picked to play?

New manager: "Oh, that TFM looks like a good defender, I won't pick him anymore".

Some of the things people post just don't make any sense. :confused::wenger:
Because some managers aren't very logical. CBJ won MoTM in couple of his early performances at Wolves but the new manager completely froze him out because he wasn't experienced. Some managers just prefer an old clogger in defence than a young talent, especially one who is only on loan. But realistically and logically yes, he shouldn't have a problem playing under a new manager.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
After 3 games?!? :lol:
Not surprising at all. Hasn't got the players for his LVGesque style. CP are I'm a relegation battle, there isnt much room for experimenting. He's trying to play a style that won't work with his current bunch of players and is getting found out, quickly.

The Bloody-Nine

Not surprising at all. Hasn't got the players for his LVGesque style. CP are I'm a relegation battle, there isnt much room for experimenting. He's trying to play a style that won't work with his current bunch of players and is getting found out, quickly.
You can't judge a new manager in three games. That's absurd.

Dobbs

After how many games would it have been a surprise?

Litch

Needs to find a position and stay with it other than ending up like lots of recent young talent that no one knows where to play them...

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Can't be fun being a good (not great) manager these days if this is true.
It depends. If you're going to walk into a club and blatantly disregard the circumstances and stubbornly stick to a style that you don't have the players for to make it extremely obvious you're the worst possible fit for the job then yeah, it's bad.

Hed Zitin

Must be doing well to get a call up playing for that awful team. I watched a bit of the Swansea game and they were all over the place.

Don't think it's great for him to play in the back three. He barely did anything more than pass five yards in front of him. He can do much more than that in another role.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Makes his debut today against France in a must win match.

Bwuk

Starts at RB, up against the 90m rated Lemar.

Definately going to watch this now, cmon Timbo!!

ThanksBoss26

Makes his debut today against France in a must win match.
Great news for him. A year of playing games at Palace and some international games as an added bonus should get him ready to challenge for a place with us next season.