To those against Mourinho...

ZlatMan

He will leave Utd through no fault of his own. Woodward failed him like he done to LVG. I will thank him for all the effort he has done. To finish 2nd and take us to three Cup finals, winning two including European title with deeply average players is something to be behold.

Find me a manager who do all this having Jones, Rojo, Fellaini, Mata, Darmian in his team. He's been badly let down by a board who promised full backing in the market and egos growing too big for their size in the dressing room.

Tiber

He would need to undergo a complete personality change - Stop making snide remarks about his players, boss and captain in the media. Prove he can last long term and not burn out in 4 years at absolute max and show he wants to establish a foundation of young players to build around over the long term rather than always looking to sign 30 year old stop gaps.

He would also need to stop making awful choices in the transfer market.

Basically he needs to become 'not Jose Mounrinho'

Oh and for all the credit he gave himself for coming second last year I think we were closer to 6th than 1st? He needs to show he can actually be competitive and not be knocked out of the title race months before the end of the season

Murray3007

.. What would it take this season for him to win back your support? Just curious because it appears he's turned quote a few fans on the caf against him.

We are 3 games in and made a terrible start but is there anything he can do to make you think "no, actually he's the right man"?

Is it just the performance? Or is it the results alone?

If he got great results to keep us towards the top 3 mix by X-mas but inconsistent performances, should he still go? Or does he need great performances and results throughout the season and challenge for the title to the very end?

Is it silverware? What if he has a so so top 4 season but gets to the semis of CL and wins an FA Cup?

Or, is it too late? Is there nothing he can do to get everyone behind him again?

This thread isn't made for another civil war of those for mourinho fighting those against. I just want to know how far people are against him.
Personally think we are 3 games in and the title challenge is over all ready, for him to win me over, hes got to come out and stop being so negative, work on a attacking/pressing system, get the players back on board, needs pick a team and give them a chance. have more then one idea if losing to punt the ball to fellaini. and drop lukkau. 3 big sitters hes missed in 3 games. with the system last night I reckon a sanchez up top or Rashord would have been a lot better option.

overall I don't see him sticking to his guns from last night, I see him going more negative again and be sacked by xmas.

Lentwood

This argument is bizarre.

Rather than "bridging the gap" to City - as a starting point, how about getting a tune out of the £300 million plus players he's bought? Or finding and sticking with a cohesive system? Or producing some vaguely entertaining football that lets the attacking players he's got at his disposal play with some freedom?

With what he's spent he should be serving up better than he has been. Spurs have spent far less but have a manager capable of doing all of those things above.

Looking at money spent as the only metric is lazy. He's had a fortune. We are not where we are solely because he wasn't allowed to buy a centre-back in the summer and the sooner some people realise that the better.
£300m....wow...what’s that these days? Ousmane Dembele, Kepa Arizzabalaga and Phillipe Coutinho

People have got to stop talking like its 2002. £300m might have been enough to take a shower of shite from 6th to 1st in the “old” days but now EVEN if you spend in a vacuum with nobody else spending a penny IT. IS. NOWHERE. NEAR. ENOUGH.

Sorry for shouting :-) ;-)

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm his biggest supporter but for the sake of him and team he needs to go. We're delaying the inevitable. This has his last Chelsea season all over it :

Terrible summer, not well backed : Check.
Terrible start to the season : Check.
Signs of meltdown in his pressers : Check.

Mourinho doesn't do well under pressure and it will only become worse as the season goes on.

He should leave on mutual consent and get Carrick as a caretaker till we get a new manager next seaaon.
Excuse me, but you're definitely not his biggest supporter. To strengthen your argument and appply maximum damage, it's always a good idea to say that you've changed your mind and it's this or that now.
I think e.g. @SirAF would fit the bill much better, if i were looking for a Mourinho fan around here.

Mourinho has been under pressure for most of his career. To suggest he can't deal with it properly is something i don't get. The result yesterday was very bad, of course he was angry and let it out in the presser, nothing wrong with that.

We had two bad results, but the style of play has improved massively since the first defeat. I think overall all the ingredients are there to have a good season and finish within the top 4.

Calling for a manager's head after we're three games in, is out of order. Letting the no.2 take over, who's also responsible doesn't seem to be a good idea, does it? !
We'll continue working hard and trying to get as many points as we can under our belt. When the winter comes, we'll have a much better perspective of what's up with the team.

Sing you a song

Anybody so vociferously against him needs to watch his full post match press conference. Not the little snippets you want to drive your narrative.

He’s backing his players, backing the fans and clearly motivated to get it right. He’s passionate it’s not just lip service. As of now, that’s all we can ask for and he should get a chance to turn it round.

Watch it and see him try deal with an arrogant, scum media who lick the arse of rival managers however much they fail. It’s naive to think the venom they’ve been dripping around united for years hasn’t taken its toll on the club and atmosphere. For now, I,m happy to back him and hope more than anything he can get it right

Well said mate totally agree he should also go down the fergie route and ban the main culprits from his press conferences those seen sniggering like schoolboys as he walked out should be identified and banned

It would be ludicrous to sack him now we would be left in no mans land then get another manager with his own agenda to put us back to square 1

Woodward should have some balls and put out a statement saying that the club supports the manager and expect him to see out his contract at the very least he should also state that if any player is unhappy at the club they should hand in a written transfer request which will be reviewed by the manager and board and all requests will be given consideration either in January or in summer as the club sees fit.
He should make it clear that Manchester United does not want players who are not proud of and prepared to fight for the shirt .
Take the power from the players and make it clear that the club is bigger than any of them

Andersons Dietician

Feel like it’s too far gone and it would be hard to win back my support without a total reinvention of himself and everything that is Jose.
I just can’t see how he can turn the tide, I don’t think even winning a champions league and the league in the normal Jose fashion would do it because it would just be soulless and that is the problem. I’d imagine most fell in love with this club due to its spirit and what it was, and he threw all that out, although yesterday there were moments in the game where I was reminded this is Manchester United.

Another thing watched the last 2 ladies games and haven’t felt pride or enjoyment like that in about 2 years even in a loss they played with a will and passion of a United team. The men’s team is just a soulless thing and at this point without a complete reinvention of himself his football, his demeanour there is no way he wins back my support.

Jeff the normal one

Supports
Liverpool
I’m new here and this is just my opinion, mourinho is having a tough time at the moment - every manager goes through it, he’s not being helped by your board/chief executive at the moment
Mourinho knows how to win he knows he’s a good manager/coach which does sometimes come across as arrogant, he should get more respect of the media he’s right in that respect of his post match conference, he applauded the fans at the end to show them he did appreciate them staying at the end, in my opinion give him time and he will turn it around.
The first 30 mins of the match last night showed he can change to a more pressing and attacking formation but it won’t work after just 3-4 days of training, it will take a few weeks couple of months for the players stamina to sustain that level for 70-90 mins.
Just my opinion and I’m a Liverpool supporter, hope all that makes sense, thanks

el3mel

Excuse me, but you're definitely not his biggest supporter. To strengthen your argument and appply maximum damage, it's always a good idea to say that you've changed your mind and it's this or that now.
I think e.g. @SirAF would fit the bill much better, if i were looking for a Mourinho fan around here.

Mourinho has been under pressure for most of his career. To suggest he can't deal with it properly is something i don't get. The result yesterday was very bad, of course he was angry and let it out in the presser, nothing wrong with that.

We had two bad results, but the style of play has improved massively since the first defeat. I think overall all the ingredients are there to have a good season and finish within the top 4.

Calling for a manager's head after we're three games in, is out of order. Letting the no.2 take over, who's also responsible doesn't seem to be a good idea, does it? !
We'll continue working hard and trying to get as many points as we can under our belt. When the winter comes, we'll have a much better perspective of what's up with the team.
Nah I still love him and will always by a Mourinho fan but I love the team more and as I said for the sake of him and his team it's better to part away. If it's not working by his last season, it will never work, and signs of meltdown are starting to show in his pressers. We're delaying the inevitable at the moment.

Disagree on the pressure. Mourinho has always been terrible in dealing with intense pressure on his job, otherwise his Chelsea and Madrid reigns wouldn't have ended that way. He's at his best when things are going his way.

The point is, he's the only one responsible for this mess and with him leaving he needs to take several heads with him, including Ed.

Romez

No, because I never wanted him in the first place.

The only positive to his hiring, to me, was that he would bring in a higher quality of player (compared to LVG) which he has done.

He's been here for 2 whole years and I haven't seen any signs that he'll change.

After two years and a bunch of transfer windows we still don't look like a team. There has been zero improvements on the pitch, he hasn't improved a single player in our squad (I feel Lingard was already on a trajectory to improvement regardless of Mourinho, he looked good under LVG up until the final third for example) and he can't get the best out of better players like Pogba and Sanchez (they're not faultless but still).

He obviously deserves some credit and people like to point out what he's won us and the 2nd place finish, but for the money he spent those things are minimum expectations.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Feel like it’s too far gone and it would be hard to win back my support without a total reinvention of himself and everything that is Jose.
I just can’t see how he can turn the tide, I don’t think even winning a champions league and the league in the normal Jose fashion would do it because it would just be soulless and that is the problem.
:lol:

Talk about choosy beggars.

RedRover

It's not a bizzare argument. You can't expect one side to challenge another for the title when the other has spent a significantly greater outlay.

Getting the most out of talent is one thing but its still a bizzare "minimum requirement" to expect a title challenge on top.
As a fan, a genuine title challenge would be great but we are a million miles away from that.

What City have or haven't spent has nothing to do with the very obvious issues we currently have. What you can (and should) expect from a manager who has been backed to the extent he has is better than this. Some areas of the squad are thin and the board haven't helped in some instances regarding recruitment but that doesn't account for the inability to get performances from the numerous top class players he has.

Arka_BleedingRed

Truth be told, I have always thought Mourinho to be a bad fit for Manchester United from the start. Yeah, he has been a winner, but for me, his style and tactics screams out The Underdog Manager. Reactive in nature, at his best able to counteract even the best of managers like Pep, Sir Alex etc. But when managing the elite teams with elite players and egos, he has been a failure.

His tactics and planning reeks of short termism, and after a while the ego clashes with the flair players has become fairly repetitive. At a club like ours, his tactics were always likely to clash with the way of the club, where style and winning has been synonymous for most of the periods under Sir Alex. But most of all, that never say die attitude that attracted millions of fans all around the world is now simply lacking. That's what hurts the most nowadays. The players are also to blame, but first and foremost, it's the job of the manager to form a coherent plan(attack and defence), coach a team that should play like one and not look like they have just started playing together, players in sync with one another and with the manager's tactics and most of all, motivate the players enough to keep winning at the top level. This is the minimum requirement at a top tier club and none of this is happening here at Old Trafford and looks unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future.

Mourinho is Mourinho. He is not going to change and to expect that from him is simply foolishness. And even then, this Mourinho looks like the shell of the man that came to the PL in 2005. I doubt that after this many ambiguous transfers, the management has complete faith on him. But after all, this is a farce of a management whose throwing money at short term fixes is the main reason we are at this juncture. So, for me, it's Mourinho out, whatever he achieves(or does not achieve) this season, but not until the club starts putting in a long term plan into action. Suitable manager, a DOF, lose the money first, football later approach and the likes. These 5 years, It's been very hard to see the club of my dreams slowly slip down the slope, while the Glazers continue to suck in the profits.

KW2006

1. Good attacking football
2. Good results (not necessarily silverwares, I will be satisfied if we are challenging the League/Champions League real good, unlike last season)
3. Deal with/develop the young talents more effectively
4. Stop complaining the players/board/media, it makes us look like a joke in the world. He should behave like a educated man with class as he always said

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Nah I still love him and will always by a Mourinho fan but I love the team more and as I said for the sake of him and his team it's better to part away. If it's not working by his last season, it will never work, and signs of meltdown are starting to show in his pressers. We're delaying the inevitable at the moment.

Disagree on the pressure. Mourinho has always been terrible in dealing with intense pressure on his job, otherwise his Chelsea and Madrid reigns wouldn't have ended that way. He's at his best when things are going his way.

The point is, he's the only one responsible for this mess and with him leaving he needs to take several heads with him, including Ed.
Didn't he see out his contract with Real and not implode completely at the end? I know he didn't win silverware but he got to the semi finals of the Champions League, finals of the Copa Del Rey and finished 2nd. After his contract ended he just left to Chelsea.

It's only at Chelsea where there was an implosion.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think both CEO and manager are at fault. The former for not backing the manager, the latter for using tactics who exposes our defence merely to prove a point. If you ask me both need a timeout. Woodward should focus on making money and stir away from anything concerning football. Mou needs football people above him who will slap his wrists the moment he over extends himself.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
As a fan, a genuine title challenge would be great but we are a million miles away from that.

What City have or haven't spent has nothing to do with the very obvious issues we currently have. What you can (and should) expect from a manager who has been backed to the extent he has is better than this. Some areas of the squad are thin and the board haven't helped in some instances regarding recruitment but that doesn't account for the inability to get performances from the numerous top class players he has.
He hasn't been backed though.

He walked into a team with full backs over 30, literally no midfield outside of Herrera and no established striker. And that's BEFORE we get to centre backs.

Obviously he needs more than 300m in today's market to fix it. Lukaku alone was 90m and that's normal money for a proven 25 goal a season striker. Point is, he had to rebuild over seasons and this summer he wanted to address the CB situation further. Yes he messed up with Lindelof im not denying that. But no manager has got it right every time on targets and that's partly why he wanted lesser risk transfers in Toby Alderwierald. He didn't get it though. He didn't get a right winger either. He probably has other holes he needs fixing but Ed wouldn't do the.business.

Yes the side he has now should put Brighton away and not get trounced by Spurs, but don't expect us to be on Citys level with the squads compared.

Crashoutcassius

I'm his biggest supporter but for the sake of him and team he needs to go. We're delaying the inevitable. This has his last Chelsea season all over it :

Terrible summer, not well backed : Check.
Terrible start to the season : Check.
Signs of meltdown in his pressers : Check.

Mourinho doesn't do well under pressure and it will only become worse as the season goes on.

He should leave on mutual consent and get Carrick as a caretaker till we get a new manager next seaaon.
You Don't sound like his biggest supporter ..

kundalini

On the title challenge front though is it fair to ask any manager to do that when there are obvious holes in our defence?

Parking Jose aside, I think our central defenders aren't of sufficient quality to cope. I don't want to I point fingers as to why, but I'd be surprised if any manager can have a title challenge with this defence.
I believe that Woodward would have been perfectly happy to buy Mourinho another CB if it hadn't been new recruit no 4 that summer, on top of Fellaini's new contract. If it was a genuine priority for Mourinho then don't spend close to £50m on Fred, don't offer Fellaini a new deal, tell Woodward he wants 2 players, a top quality CB and a young right-back to be Valencia's long term replacement, nothing else. After all, the club (unwisely) made a huge investment in Sanchez during the winter transfer window.

Mourinho does not care about the financial situation of the club. I'm sure if you asked fans of Leeds and Portsmouth, and plenty of other teams that have suffered financial meltdown, they would recommend a degree of caution on transfer expenditure. Woodward is quite right to put a stop to the spending, as he has done in recent summers once we have reached our limit.

Amir

I need to see the results of his work on the pitch. Cohesion, a team that knows what it wants to do and create chances, organization at set pieces.

But it doesn't matter. He's done. Every minute he still has the job in a minute in which United kid themselves and us.

el3mel

Didn't he see out his contract with Real and not implode completely at the end? I know he didn't win silverware but he got to the semi finals of the Champions League, finals of the Copa Del Rey and finished 2nd. After his contract ended he just left to Chelsea.

It's only at Chelsea where there was an implosion.
He was picking fights with everyone this season after Casillas thing. It wasn't his fault 100% but he dealt with Casillas problem poorly. Learned from that when he dealt wih Rooney here though.

RedRover

Didn't we.. just.. finish... 2nd? Only to a record breaking PL team? Short memories.... The football isn't great, but the results have been good enough. But fine, judge a manager whos just guided us to 2nd and nail his coffin after 3 PL games. Lets see where posters like you are in about 6 months when we've turned this bad corner and in the top 4 trying to compete.

We've some spoilt fans come out of the Fergie Era, who just think we're entitled to trophies.
Ordinarily, I would agree, but in my opinion, last year is papering over cracks. We're not progressing on the pitch, regardless of recruitment and that was obvious last year was well.

For the record, I've followed United for decades. I don't expect or feel entitled to guaranteed success or even a buccaneering or entertaining style of play. What I think is reasonable to expect from a manager with this level of experience in year three is signs of progress and some kind of identity or clarity on what he's trying to do - rather than scattergun team selections, picking fights and causing agro with the press.

Clearly a manager needs time. He's had a fair bit and personally, it doesn't feel like we're going in the right direction.

RedDevil@84

For starters I would like him to find a consistent playing XI.
Get the maximum out of most of the squad.
Find a system in which all big names can work.

If defense is the glaring problem, find a way to attack and outscore opponents.

Foxbatt

Yesterday was one of the best football we played for sometime. In fact in the first half we were all over them. But no manager can afford to have players miss sitters and then come back when we concede silly goals. I blame Lukaku for this debacle more than Jones or Herrera. When you have your striker miss after miss, heads will go down especially in the fragile environment we have at the club. Lukaku scores that sitter and we win the game. I still cannot understand how a striker at Manchester United can miss three chances like that. Even his header was off target at such a close range. Any one of our past strikers would bury those.
Get a world class striker as then we can always score more than the opposition. We forget that is our way. Manchester United always score. But not with players like Lukaku leading the line. I cannot see even Rooney at the later part of his career missing it.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I have an expectation of 90 points. A potential deviation of up to 10 % is normal, but with less than 85 points we should consider the quality of our play. Felt like we had a bit of luck last year..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Start playing high quality attacking football.
Challenge for the league title.
Get the most of our biggest talents.

Had be done the above, even 1 and 3, with suggestions of two on the way, he'd get the fans support.

I don't think he's going to do so and feel it's best to find someone better.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I believe that Woodward would have been perfectly happy to buy Mourinho another CB if it hadn't been new recruit no 4 that summer, on top of Fellaini's new contract. If it was a genuine priority for Mourinho then don't spend close to £50m on Fred, don't offer Fellaini a new deal, tell Woodward he wants 2 players, a top quality CB and a young right-back to be Valencia's long term replacement, nothing else. After all, the club (unwisely) made a huge investment in Sanchez during the winter transfer window.

Mourinho does not care about the financial situation of the club. I'm sure if you asked fans of Leeds and Portsmouth, and plenty of other teams that have suffered financial meltdown, they would recommend a degree of caution on transfer expenditure. Woodward is quite right to put a stop to the spending, as he has done in recent summers once we have reached our limit.
Problem is, Woodward briefed the BBC saying he had £100m on a player like Varane. So I don't think it's a money issue. I think it's Woodward just being a knob head.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That ship has sailed, it's impossible for me to be won over as I never wanted him in the first place anyway. You always wanna give him a chance but I am patiently waiting for the inevitable

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think there isnt a chance in hell of it happening, but for him to win me over, our performance levels mainly have to improve dramatically first of all. We have to play good, attractive football, look a well coached side, almost always go into games with the intent to dominate, control, create and score goals and entertain, and then he also has to get results because he is in his 3rd year with 2 previously failed seasons. If he suddenly fixed our play style and delivered a season like Liverpool last year, I'd be delighted tbh. 4rh place but a good effort that you can be proud of in the CL, and playing football that makes you proud and gets you excited for every week, I think we'd all be with that and give us optimism for next season.

The way last season went, pretty much everyone was depressed about this season as everyone knew it was going to be shite and just a continuation off last season. It's a brand new season and fans should not be thinking that. Should always go in with optimism, yet I've never been less excited about a new season kicking off and many United fans were in the same boat. Could see this meltdown happening from miles away.

So realistically, theres not a chance in hell Mourinho turns it around. He fully lost me around January/February time with the Spurs, Newcastle and Sevilla debacles, and I've been firmly Mourinho out since, and hes done nothing to even come close to fixing it.

POF

I just can’t see how he can turn the tide, I don’t think even winning a champions league and the league in the normal Jose fashion would do it because it would just be soulless and that is the problem. I’d imagine most fell in love with this club due to its spirit and what it was, and he threw all that out, although yesterday there were moments in the game where I was reminded this is Manchester United.

Another thing watched the last 2 ladies games and haven’t felt pride or enjoyment like that in about 2 years even in a loss they played with a will and passion of a United team. The men’s team is just a soulless thing and at this point without a complete reinvention of himself his football, his demeanour there is no way he wins back my support.
Are you serious? If he won the league and Champions League I wouldn't give a toss what type of football he played.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Get the most out of the players we have in the squad.
Play attacking and attractive football with the intent to always score goals and not be safety first (unless its really warranted)
Make us look like a side that is actually coached
Stop being a moany cnut

No chance of any of the above happening.

Katalinski

Our current squad is the weakest Mourinho have worked with. I wish we had his Porto side now, but even that one wouldn't be good enough today, when football has changed drastically. Whoever takes managerial role, will have the same sh*te squad, and the same necesity to strengthen it, and the same stingy board. So, I am pesimist, amd think we are ahead of a number of difficult seasons.

b82REZ

I've always been a fan of Mourinho and always thought he would succeed and prosper at United, but the writing is clearly on the wall for him.

His first season started off promising and he brought back some of the joy that had been sucked from us during the LvG years, although with retrospect I think that was mainly due to the signings he made. The season as a whole was quite underwhelming and only really redeemed by winning two cups, albeit the second tier of trophies.

Last year saw a more typical Mourinho team, started relatively well and built a fairly solid points total and then slowed in the second half of the season. I do feel he's treated slightly unfairly as most fans are naturally going to compare us to City, who had an absolute freak season. Any other year we would have been right in the mix and potentially won the league, but I think City's form demoralised a lot of the squad for the run in and we got some uninspired performances.

This summer has been a bit of a clusterfeck but I wouldn't put all that down to Mourinho. World Cup summers are always difficult and we could see the strain it had on the squad in preseason, but then incidents like Pogba and his agent and Mourinho complaining about lack of transfers have put a negative cloud over the cloud which the press, and unfortunately a lot of fans have contributed towards. There seems to be a rift in the dressing room and it appears that some players aren't playing for the manager (a couple of Frenchies come to mind), but as Mourinho's history suggests it will be to the detriment of the club. I feel he has his hands tied in certain aspects regarding this, the club clearly want to keep and appease both Martial and Pogba and are forcing Jose's hand. It's been trotted out a lot over recent weeks, but there is no way Fergie would have allowed players to act the way these two have in recent weeks/months and they are clearly having a destabilising effect on the squad and club as a whole. As well as the dressing room there seems to be a power struggle between the board as well and there's only ever going to be one winner in that fight.

While I feel Mourinho has received some unnecessary and over the top criticism, mainly from supporters I just feel we've seen this before with him and its only going to end one way. The club need to make a decision and quickly, they either support the manager 100% and offload the disruptive influences in the dressing room or sack him before he self destructs and drags the club down. I've never wanted a player power to rule but I can see that happening in this instance and Woodward getting Zidane in to try and calm two of his more valuable commodities down, but I also think he'll make this decision once it's too late.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I only ask for signs of progress - for example I wanted Moyes out long before the end came with him, but if there had been signs of progress with his team then I could've accepted giving him a second season (reluctantly). If at the end of this season we are showing real progress on the pitch and developing a clear way forward then I would be content since I wrote-off the season basically as soon as the transfer window shut with so many issues still unresolved.

Unfortunately I can't see how we are going to progress from here with what we have in the squad.

RedRover

£300m....wow...what’s that these days? Ousmane Dembele, Kepa Arizzabalaga and Phillipe Coutinho

People have got to stop talking like its 2002. £300m might have been enough to take a shower of shite from 6th to 1st in the “old” days but now EVEN if you spend in a vacuum with nobody else spending a penny IT. IS. NOWHERE. NEAR. ENOUGH.

Sorry for shouting :-) ;-)
I disagree. Pogba was a world record transfer. Lukaku was a fortune. Sanchez is (apparently) the highest paid player in the country. The Neymar transfer changed the game, fees rocketed and most of Jose business has been done before that. He's certainly invested more than the vast majority of other managers in the PL and around Europe.

Mick321

I just want to see good football and I know he's a man that can't provide it so I want him gone and never wanted him in the first place. Obviously if we snoozed our way to a CL or League win I wouldn't expect him to be sacked but I just want to have some fun watching us again, it's been years and years since it's been fun (not all Jose's fault of course). The first half of last night kinda shows how far we've sunk, you could be forgiven for thinking we'd played like Pep's Barca when they beat Real 5-0. But we are so starved of anything decent that a reasonably fast paced half where we created a few chances is hailed as some sort of magical half. Not saying it was bad but it wasn't great either and our best chance was a Danny Rose pass back!

People can say it doesn't matter how you play as long as you win trophies but I don't agree. I want to have fun watching us in August, Sept, Oct etc etc not see us bore the world in the hope we have a nice day in May. I'm sick of seeing us go to Anfield for example and play like a conference side on their dream day out in the FA Cup and the other week we let Leicester fecking City pin us in our own half for about 60minutes, it's disgraceful and he's never going to change. The standards have sunk so low for us now, I think people have just forgot what quality football is and have got used to this as the norm.

Reactions: Sultan